Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Have 6-7 home games per year.

About 2-3 are really good atmospheres.

Is that worth living in that small town for 365 days per year?

Small town where you are treated like a god, get paid, laid and have a job from a booster the minute you leave or go to Miami where you get booed off the field, you are a small fish in a massive city that 90% doesn’t care about you or your team but play in front of family.

It’s easy to see why some kids leave to go play in college towns.

Small town where you are treated like a god, get paid, laid and have a job from a booster the minute you leave or go to Miami where you get booed off the field, you are a small fish in a massive city that 90% doesn’t care about you or your team but play in front of family.

It’s easy to see why some kids leave to go play in college towns.
When players show up to Cane walk and there’s nobody to be seen ,show up to the stadium getting off the bus there’s nobody , walk out for warmups and there’s nobody lol. But the same fans that were crickets during cane walk and when you arrived to the stadium are now booing the **** out of you. That takes some real ego and entitlement by our fan base.

Living where I live I get it especially if you step away from your own bias. These kids are treated like gods here and everyone within one hundred miles knows who you are. If you don’t think that matters you’re living in denial. That’s just real talk.

Advertisement
When players show up to Cane walk and there’s nobody to be seen ,show up to the stadium getting off the bus there’s nobody , walk out for warmups and there’s nobody lol. But the same fans that were crickets during cane walk and when you arrived to the stadium are now booing the **** out of you. That takes some real ego and entitlement by our fan base.

Living where I live I get it especially if you step away from your own bias. These kids are treated like gods here and everyone within one hundred miles knows who you are. If you don’t think that matters you’re living in denial. That’s just real talk.

But do they fly banners and produce weekly smack talk rap videos …

Very sobering picture

Advertisement
That narrative is way overplayed. These kids go to these small towns because they get paid to. They don't like it that much.
Kids go to win. Get laid. Get paid. In that order.

Miami has history, NFL success & location to combat the lame student body/gameday experience.. but without winning, it will always be an uphill battle.

This is a 2 team race for a reason.
No one in his circle is gonna criticize him for going to Bama.
Not even the people on this team that are family.
I don’t even know what type of season he’s looking for us to have in order for him to sign here.
But we’ve seen this before where the local elite recruits drag it till the end not to pick us.
The recruiting momentum this team would get by him committing would be massive and he likely knows it.
The fact he doesn’t want to be part of it isn’t a good sign imo.

I keep hearing from dudes like Flo and others that “he just wants to see what we do on the field”.
But nobody actually knows what that means and it’s a story we’ve heard around here for years.
Is it 8, 9, or 10 wins? Is it a coastal win or an acc win?
Unless we win the acc he can always say “I didn’t see enough from the current team”.

Sofla doesn’t have anymore Duke Johnsons left. We’ve been mediocre for too long and the recruiting environment down here has become toxic. Even too toxic for legacies with family and former coaches on staff.

Advertisement

I get it overall but for this kid, hasn't he grown up in South Florida and kinda knows what's up? It's not like he would be expecting anything more at this point in the Mario tenure would he? I hope he comes but if he doesn't because his ego can't handle it then maybe he's not the kid for our program right now.

UM has such poor leadership to start this season with those home games. You just can’t have that here where we are always assuming because an HBCU band is coming that people will show for crap games. You saw UF this week they played EWU and it got moved yes but they had half the stadium full. But they also have the Utah game and Kentucky game early to show how great the Gameday is.

Can’t have the first three home games be those 3 teams.

I get it overall but for this kid, hasn't he grown up in South Florida and kinda knows what's up? It's not like he would be expecting anything more at this point in the Mario tenure would he? I hope he comes but if he doesn't because his ego can't handle it then maybe he's not the kid for our program right now.

So because someone has grown up to see mediocrity and terrible fans means they should stay and continue dealing with those fans in an empty stadium?

And if he doesn’t stay it’s cause of his ego? You sir/ma’am are the exact ppl we are referencing. Your post is so dumb I don’t even know how to respond.

There is a reason top pro athletes go to winning teams and monster markets to play instead of going to the pirates or Texans or whatever **** team you want to mention but hey this 18 year old kid has an EGO cause he may decide to not play for a lousy program and terrible fans? Haha some of you just don’t get it no matter how many times it has been said.

I hope he decides to play for Miami but I 100% understand why he wouldn’t and I wouldn’t say ego has anything to do with it.

Is it really ego? Its not like the kid is ****ting on Miami, he just has offers to a ton of places, one of them being Bama. Of course things have changed now that Mario is here, although it will take time, but its not farfetched why he would want to leave, just as it isnt farfetched that he would stay. Being that he is from SFLA, he has probably seen numerous highly ranked kids stay, only to not live up to potential, and seen many highly ranked kids leave and live up to potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back