Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
I get it overall but for this kid, hasn't he grown up in South Florida and kinda knows what's up? It's not like he would be expecting anything more at this point in the Mario tenure would he? I hope he comes but if he doesn't because his ego can't handle it then maybe he's not the kid for our program right now.
I was speaking more about the bigger picture some people ignore.

Advertisement
So because someone has grown up to see mediocrity and terrible fans means they should stay and continue dealing with those fans in an empty stadium?

And if he doesn’t stay it’s cause of his ego? You sir/ma’am are the exact ppl we are referencing. Your post is so dumb I don’t even know how to respond.

There is a reason top pro athletes go to winning teams and monster markets to play instead of going to the pirates or Texans or whatever **** team you want to mention but hey this 18 year old kid has an EGO cause he may decide to not play for a lousy program and terrible fans? Haha some of you just don’t get it no matter how many times it has been said.

I hope he decides to play for Miami but I 100% understand why he wouldn’t and I wouldn’t say ego has anything to do with it.
I don’t know how old you or some of the guys on here are.
But this attendance issue has to stop coming up.
If you are a real fan of this team and you have followed its history you will understand that this fan base isn’t anchored by a 40-50k student body in a city that has nothing to do on Saturday.

How many times have we heard about the so called orange bowl mystique and crows noise etc etc…
That is a 100 percent fact!! That place was insane!!

BUT IT WAS ONLY DURING BIG GAMES AGAINST BIG TIME OPPONENTS!

And if you don’t believe me then all of y’all can see for yourself.
After opening the season against penn state with a crowd of over 100k in happy valley white out we came back home the next week to play against Rutgers.
Look at how packed it was for kick off.
Look at how packed the OB was for an early game.
Not one single player from any of our national championship teams ever compound about it.

Look at the crowd during kick off

This was the opening home game crowd for the greatest team ever assembled in college football.

They didn’t feel unwanted.
The weren’t in their feelings.
And every elite player on the country wanted in.

Stop making excuses for young men that are too soft to try and build something. The players in the 2001 team came to squad that a few years earlier got spanked by ecu in the orange bowl.

Last edited:
If you are a real fan of this team and you have followed its history you will understand that this fan base isn’t anchored by a 40-50k student body in a city that has nothing to do on Saturday.

How many times have we heard about the so called orange bowl mystique and crows noise etc etc…

After opening the season against penn state with a crowd of over 100k in happy valley white out we came back home the next week to play against Rutgers.
Not one single player from any of our national championship teams ever compound about it.

Honestly, who gives a schitt about what the Orange Bowl looked like back in the day. That schitt is irrelevant to now.

It seems like kids nowadays care more about the atmosphere than they did back when carphones were exclusive. Times are different. The more people realize it, the more they will stop using what use to be as a measuring stick.

Is it the reason for the product on the field? Nobody has said that.

It's embarrassing. Whether you old fogies want to admit it or not.

How many of the back in the day players had access to see as many college atmosphere's as the kids do now? A lot of those players didn't know any better. That is not the case these days and as a result has influenced kids decisions on where to go to school. Is it priority 1-3, probably not but it is def something they consider.

So tired of hearing about the Orange Bowl and all that. These kids could give two f***s about that place and many couldn't tell you where it was and when it got blown up.

Honestly, who gives a schitt about what the Orange Bowl looked like back in the day. That schitt is irrelevant to now.

It seems like kids nowadays care more about the atmosphere than they did back when carphones were exclusive. Times are different. The more people realize it, the more they will stop using what use to be as a measuring stick.

Is it the reason for the product on the field? Nobody has said that.

It's embarrassing. Whether you old fogies want to admit it or not.

How many of the back in the day players had access to see as many college atmosphere's as the kids do now? A lot of those players didn't know any better. That is not the case these days and as a result has influenced kids decisions on where to go to school. Is it priority 1-3, probably not but it is def something they consider.

So tired of hearing about the Orange Bowl and all that. These kids could give two f***s about that place and many couldn't tell you where it was and when it got blown up.
Not true. Those players took visits just like they do today and the canes were always nationaly televised. They could see the crowd for those games.

Those players on the 2001 team committed to a horrible team and took massive loses as freshman.The only difference was the social media pressure they have now and sites like these that are always criticizing the fan base.

When players show up to Cane walk and there’s nobody to be seen ,show up to the stadium getting off the bus there’s nobody , walk out for warmups and there’s nobody lol. But the same fans that were crickets during cane walk and when you arrived to the stadium are now booing the **** out of you. That takes some real ego and entitlement by our fan base.

Living where I live I get it especially if you step away from your own bias. These kids are treated like gods here and everyone within one hundred miles knows who you are. If you don’t think that matters you’re living in denial. That’s just real talk.
My only pushback would be that if your from a big city..this is pretty much what your use to. These kids in SoFla arent playing in front of packed houses every week. And there isnt this huge community following at 95% of the schools. (Dillard, MNW maybe a few others do..those schools that have alumni bases that go back to the 60s which is my era). If your from a big city..you know the game..win and people will come to the game. If you dont, its empty seats.

Michael Irvin has been telling these kids for the last 4 decades..if you win in the city of Miami..you will be a celebrity and you will get all the attention you want. Winning is the key. Now if kids want to just go to a school where even if they are 2-10 the stadium will be sold out..then hey..go with God. We cant compete with that.

Advertisement
@
When players show up to Cane walk and there’s nobody to be seen ,show up to the stadium getting off the bus there’s nobody , walk out for warmups and there’s nobody lol. But the same fans that were crickets during cane walk and when you arrived to the stadium are now booing the **** out of you. That takes some real ego and entitlement by our fan base.

Living where I live I get it especially if you step away from your own bias. These kids are treated like gods here and everyone within one hundred miles knows who you are. If you don’t think that matters you’re living in denial. That’s just real talk.
I agree with 98% of this. My counter point to a kid like Bain (on a more macro level) or any other high profile local kid is this. Remember when the Heat won a championship. The city stopped, they were the talk of the town. There was not a place you could go and not hear someone talk about the Heat. The Canes unify this city like no other team. And now you’re getting paid real money to play ball. Step back and picture being the king of Miami AND getting big money at 18-21yrs old.

@

I agree with 98% of this. My counter point to a kid like Bain (on a more macro level) or any other high profile local kid is this. Remember when the Heat won a championship. The city stopped, they were the talk of the town. There was not a place you could go and not hear someone talk about the Heat. The Canes unify this city like no other team. And now you’re getting paid real money to play ball. Step back and picture being the king of Miami AND getting big money at 18-21yrs old.
The problem is to these kids that’s like seeing a Sasquatch , they’ve never seen or been exposed to either lol. I feel your point though.

So why is this new now? Canewalk and home games have been like that for decades.

My only pushback would be that if your from a big city..this is pretty much what your use to. These kids in SoFla arent playing in front of packed houses every week. And there isnt this huge community following at 95% of the schools. (Dillard, MNW maybe a few others do..those schools that have alumni bases that go back to the 60s which is my era). If your from a big city..you know the game..win and people will come to the game. If you dont, its empty seats.

Michael Irvin has been telling these kids for the last 4 decades..if you win in the city of Miami..you will be a celebrity and you will get all the attention you want. Winning is the key. Now if kids want to just go to a school where even if they are 2-10 the stadium will be sold out..then hey..go with God. We cant compete with that.
Seeing is believing. They have no clue how big this can be because they’ve never seen it. Well they can see it on documentaries.

Advertisement
I don’t need to see other fan bases to know we have a pretty s***ty one. That’s why supporting how we can is important. But this is a bandwagon city on top of many other things

Seeing is believing. They have no clue how big this can be because they’ve never seen it. Well they can see it on documentaries.
I agree they havent seen it consistantly enough. That UM vs ND game in 2017 was about as good as you can get for a big game atmosphere in this city. But to your point, these kids were in the 7th grade when that game happened. Amazing how time flies. That game was half a decade ago. Smh. Feels like just a couple years back.

Advertisement
I don’t need to see other fan bases to know we have a pretty s***ty one. That’s why supporting how we can is important. But this is a bandwagon city on top of many other things
Its always been a bandwagon city. And always will be. That wont ever change. But I love that about south florida because when a local team is winning..the whole city is on fire. Even the pathetic a$$ Marlins. lol

This was the opening home game crowd for the greatest team ever assembled in college football.

They didn’t feel unwanted.
The weren’t in their feelings.
And every elite player on the country wanted in.

Stop making excuses for young men that are too soft to try and build something. The players in the 2001 team came to squad that a few years earlier got spanked by ecu in the orange bowl.

Too soft to come to a ****** perineal middle of the road ACC team haha. I’ve been watching canes games for **** near 30 years so spare any dumb****.

What I’m saying very clearly is that it has nothing to do with ego as the porster stated that I responded to and more to do with t development, college town, money, going to the nfl, playing for championships.

We don’t provide any of those factors and haven’t for a very long time. Then you add in poor game day atmosphere and getting booed by grown adults when you aren’t a paid multi million dollar professional then yeah I don’t blame kids for leaving to play somewhere else.

Once we start developing kids, making them 1st rd picks, playing for the sorry *** ACC championship more than once every 15 years, making it to the playoff…. Then maybe just maybe we actually have an argument why a south Florida kid should stay home. Too many of you all live in a false sense of reality on where we truly stand in the ranks of college football. Outside of south Florida no one gives a **** about Miami and we are laughed at weekly and have been for **** near 20 years. Ppl need to wake up and realize how far we have fallen and how far we have to go.

Hopefully Bain stays and balls out for the home team.

Why is it so hard for ppl to understand what we are trying to tell them? It’s pretty simple for those who can take off the orange and green shades every now and then.

I will never understand booing a college kid. Attack the millionaire coaches all you want but booing college kids during a game is super lame.

Advertisement
Too soft to come to a ****** perineal middle of the road ACC team haha. I’ve been watching canes games for **** near 30 years so spare any dumb****.

What I’m saying very clearly is that it has nothing to do with ego as the porster stated that I responded to and more to do with t development, college town, money, going to the nfl, playing for championships.

We don’t provide any of those factors and haven’t for a very long time. Then you add in poor game day atmosphere and getting booed by grown adults when you aren’t a paid multi million dollar professional then yeah I don’t blame kids for leaving to play somewhere else.

Once we start developing kids, making them 1st rd picks, playing for the sorry *** ACC championship more than once every 15 years, making it to the playoff…. Then maybe just maybe we actually have an argument why a south Florida kid should stay home. Too many of you all live in a false sense of reality on where we truly stand in the ranks of college football. Outside of south Florida no one gives a **** about Miami and we are laughed at weekly and have been for **** near 20 years. Ppl need to wake up and realize how far we have fallen and how far we have to go.

Hopefully Bain stays and balls out for the home team.
If you want to develop multiple first round picks you have to actually get them to sign.
I’ve talked about this at nauseam.
We all say that these players we land are elite and yet multiple staffs haven’t made them elite. The reason may be due to the fact that they just weren’t elite to begin with. Different staffs same results.
Yes they should win more. But more wins doesn’t necessarily mean first round talent on your team.

Mario came here and made it clear that “we have a long way to go”.
And they went out and tried to get several receivers cause guess what?…they looked at our dudes in practice and knew they didn’t cut it.

Alabama uga and Ohio state have had turnovers at multiple coordinator and position coaches. It happens every year. The only constant is the high level of recruiting which in turn gets you high draft picks.

Are you implying that in order for kids like Bain to come here Mario had to take a dude like nesta for example and miracle his *** into a day one player?

Everyone makes it sound like Saban is turning nobodies into day one picks and nothing could be further from the truth.

Would we be in the playoffs if the last several years we landed more elite sofla talent? Maybe not. But we would be in a way way better position than we are now.

Will we win a natty next year if we land innis and fletcher and Cormani?
Nope
But he’ll yeah we’d be better.

But again these kids want to go to a ready now program.
And yes, it takes a certain type of mentality to decide not to go to Bama and the rest of the frontrunners. Just like Zo said no to the frontrunners. Just like all the players in the past that came here when there was nothing but bad losses and a depleted roster.

And if you think that nobody gaf about Miami football then believe what you want. We have fans everywhere. If Wisconsin becomes a perennial top 5 team nobody will give a sht.
Miami was a top 5 program for 2 weeks!! 2 freaking weeks in 2017 and they national media couldn’t keep our name out their mouths.

If you want to develop multiple first round picks you have to actually get them to sign.
I’ve talked about this at nauseam.
We all say that these players we land are elite and yet multiple staffs haven’t made them elite. The reason may be due to the fact that they just weren’t elite to begin with. Different staffs same results.
Yes they should win more. But more wins doesn’t necessarily mean first round talent on your team.

Mario came here and made it clear that “we have a long way to go”.
And they went out and tried to get several receivers cause guess what?…they looked at our dudes in practice and knew they didn’t cut it.

Alabama uga and Ohio state have had turnovers at multiple coordinator and position coaches. It happens every year. The only constant is the high level of recruiting which in turn gets you high draft picks.

Are you implying that in order for kids like Bain to come here Mario had to take a dude like nesta for example and miracle his *** into a day one player?

Everyone makes it sound like Saban is turning nobodies into day one picks and nothing could be further from the truth.

Would we be in the playoffs if the last several years we landed more elite sofla talent? Maybe not. But we would be in a way way better position than we are now.

Will we win a natty next year if we land innis and fletcher and Cormani?
Nope
But he’ll yeah we’d be better.

But again these kids want to go to a ready now program.
And yes, it takes a certain type of mentality to decide not to go to Bama and the rest of the frontrunners. Just like Zo said no to the frontrunners. Just like all the players in the past that came here when there was nothing but bad losses and a depleted roster.

And if you think that nobody gaf about Miami football then believe what you want. We have fans everywhere. If Wisconsin becomes a perennial top 5 team nobody will give a sht.
Miami was a top 5 program for 2 weeks!! 2 freaking weeks in 2017 and they national media couldn’t keep our name out their mouths.

It starts with recruiting. Mario didn’t need to lose to MTSU year one though if he wants top 5 classes. He just made his climb that much harder.

This is a 2 team race for a reason.
No one in his circle is gonna criticize him for going to Bama.
Not even the people on this team that are family.
I don’t even know what type of season he’s looking for us to have in order for him to sign here.
But we’ve seen this before where the local elite recruits drag it till the end not to pick us.
The recruiting momentum this team would get by him committing would be massive and he likely knows it.
The fact he doesn’t want to be part of it isn’t a good sign imo.

I keep hearing from dudes like Flo and others that “he just wants to see what we do on the field”.
But nobody actually knows what that means and it’s a story we’ve heard around here for years.
Is it 8, 9, or 10 wins? Is it a coastal win or an acc win?
Unless we win the acc he can always say “I didn’t see enough from the current team”.

Sofla doesn’t have anymore Duke Johnsons left. We’ve been mediocre for too long and the recruiting environment down here has become toxic. Even too toxic for legacies with family and former coaches on staff.
Ironically Flo only started saying that the past month. Prior to that it was more along the lines that Miami had to fall apart for him to go elsewhere. Now you can tell he isn’t as confident.

I think kids like Bain are in a tough spot. They know the local fans will go crazy on them if they choose to leave. And he’s in a tougher spot with his brother. He’s keeping it as low key as he can. And as you said, he’s looking at Bama. Hard to argue there

Spot on! But all you will get is excuses for not showing up and then they expect the kids to want to stay home and play in a stadium that's not even half filled. They keep screaming win and they will come and don't get that is the exact definition of a bandwagoner. No other fan base is saying that, they just go out and support.
Just a bunch a bandwagon mopes with twitter fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back