Ruben Hyppolite Note

Right, and im glad you called the roll, cause with the exception of morgan and vilma, spence had a better college career than the rest of them. And had he played on any of the teams those guys played on, he might've gone in the 1st round 2 as well. Had he not gotten injured his rookie year, that man was getting ready to ball out in the pro's!
That is a truly ridiculous comment. The NFL knows where to find UM kids, and Spence wasn’t so removed from our better years. The NFL takes kids from all over the place in the top 2 rounds if they project well. The reason spence didn’t get taken there is not because he didn’t play on a better team. It is because he was undersized and not athletically differentiated for an NFL top 2 round pick at LB. Not more complicated than that.

Advertisement
Agree to disagree....either he never plays here and transfers or people will complain about him imo. I just think he gives up on plays and speed is worse then Shaq. In getting that from a game I saw on ESPN
He's good when u run right into him but he gets beat easily on the outside. Also in coverage he won't do well.....he has good lateral movements in the crowd though that's why he makes alot of tackles when guys run inside.
to be fair wasnt the game on ESPN his first back from a knee injury

A program building type of guy? Wtf r u serious....?

Flowe is a program building guy not Flagg stop. And Yearby would never play under Richt cause he knew like we all knew ..he was never making it to the NFL u can't play big league football if at RB if your that slow. UM we expect more.....and when has size been a barometer for linebacker at UM? Those days are over give me speedy missiles man modern day backers.

By the way are u trolling about the Flagg statement cause I'm confused unless I'm reading it wrong. Program building as in choir boy or talented? I'm confused af. Flagg is a numbers guy Hyppolite has the higher ceiling are u serious right now? And it's not because he's from sfla

Stop getting confused, did i say flagg was the most athletic or best linebacker in college, i said he's a program building type of guy, meaning he'll give his al, on special teams and for the team period. We got alot of guys on this team who think they are to good or scared toplay special teams. Which means their mindsets are jacked up, when this team has the right mindset, you had guys chomping at the bit just to get on the field, i dont need to run the list down of the Greats who came thru here and consistently played special teams. Anybody that's ever played football and Loved the game, never wanted to come off the field, flagg is that type of guy and is not afraid to compete against more athletic guys. His one on one game in camps will almost never look elite, but his in game play in a defensive system is where he'll excel.

The same can be said about jaquan, in a one on one matchup, jaquan would lose that battle most times against the more athletic guys, but plug him on the field and in a system, he's going to ball out cause his football I.Q. is high, no football player is just going to stumble upon the amount of production that flagg and Tirek had at the highschool level.

That is a truly ridiculous comment. The NFL knows where to find UM kids, and Spence wasn’t so removed from our better years. The NFL takes kids from all over the place in the top 2 rounds if they project well. The reason spence didn’t get taken there is not because he didn’t play on a better team. It is because he was undersized and not athletically differentiated for an NFL top 2 round pick at LB. Not more complicated than that.

Ok, lol, if you dont think guys get drafted higher because of the teams they play on than you fooling yourself!

Advertisement
Stop getting confused, did i say flagg was the most athletic or best linebacker in college, i said he's a program building type of guy, meaning he'll give his al, on special teams and for the team period. We got alot of guys on this team who think they are to good or scared toplay special teams. Which means their mindsets are jacked up, when this team has the right mindset, you had guys chomping at the bit just to get on the field, i dont need to run the list down of the Greats who came thru here and consistently played special teams. Anybody that's ever played football and Loved the game, never wanted to come off the field, flagg is that type of guy and is not afraid to compete against more athletic guys. His one on one game in camps will almost never look elite, but his in game play in a defensive system is where he'll excel.

The same can be said about jaquan, in a one on one matchup, jaquan would lose that battle most times against the more athletic guys, but plug him on the field and in a system, he's going to ball out cause his football I.Q. is high, no football player is just going to stumble upon the amount of production that flagg and Tirek had at the highschool level.
What type of program building do u mean?old Miami titles or New Miami trash? Cause maybe we have a different program building view. No one's going to convince me about Flagg till I see him in ACC play....he's the only one that can change my mind. My gripe is taking him over Hyppolite that's the dumbest **** I have ever seen in my life

Ok, lol, if you dont think guys get drafted higher because of the teams they play on than you fooling yourself!
if you think playing on miami held spence back in the draft, you’re truly delusional. get medical help.

denzel perryman got drafted higher than spence after playing in more obscurity at UM. did UM hold david Njoku back in the draft? how about jon beason, who went first round just a couple years before spence. luke kuechly was a first rounder the year spence came out. did BC hold him back? How about bobby wagner from Utah State, who went ahead of spence in that draft? Lavonte David went ahead of spence. Same HS, Nebraska did nothing those years. NFL knew. The jets took a LB from Arkansas State over Spence.

btw, spence was 1x all acc in his career at UM. DJ was 2x all big east. nate webster was also.

I liked spence at UM. Nothing against the kid at all, respect him fully. Just no need to make stuff up in retrospect.

What type of program building do u mean?old Miami titles or New Miami trash? Cause maybe we have a different program building view. No one's going to convince me about Flagg till I see him in ACC play....he's the only one that can change my mind. My gripe is taking him over Hyppolite that's the dumbest **** I have ever seen in my life
Your obsession with dogging Flagg is borderline mental. Really hope he balls out to make you look stupid.

How’d that kid from kentucky go top ten this past draft? BC had a first rounder. NC state did, too. Iowa did. Maryland did. ALABAMA STATE had a kid in the first round in ‘19.

The nfl knows where to find kids. And they definitely know where to find Miami kids. Your argument on spence is absurd.

Advertisement
kids who aren’t lockerroom poison have now become program builders.

How’d that kid from kentucky go top ten this past draft? BC had a first rounder. NC state did, too. Iowa did. Maryland did. ALABAMA STATE had a kid in the first round in ‘19.

The nfl knows where to find kids. And they definitely know where to find Miami kids. Your argument on spence is absurd.
Facts man scouts ain't that stupid they will find ballers wherever they play

Advertisement
if you think playing on miami held spence back in the draft, you’re truly delusional. get medical help.

denzel perryman got drafted higher than spence after playing in more obscurity at UM. did UM hold david Njoku back in the draft? how about jon beason, who went first round just a couple years before spence. luke kuechly was a first rounder the year spence came out. did BC hold him back? How about bobby wagner from Utah State, who went ahead of spence in that draft? Lavonte David went ahead of spence. Same HS, Nebraska did nothing those years. NFL knew. The jets took a LB from Arkansas State over Spence.

btw, spence was 1x all acc in his career at UM. DJ was 2x all big east. nate webster was also.

I liked spence at UM. Nothing against the kid at all, respect him fully. Just no need to make stuff up in retrospect.

Nice try, what round did the nfl find sam shields in, or how bout calais campbell or brandon linder, what round did they find ladarius gunter in. The games and stats dont lie, spence is 3rd on that list when it comes to college games!

So based on your logic, the guys the nfl draft in the 1st round are always better than the guys that get drafted in the later rounds, or later, ok i got you!

Advertisement

No one can confirm that the staff made a definitive choice between Flagg and Hyppolite. Fans are just making that up and comparing it to the Dno video with Hurley from the past.

All we know is that it seems like they didn’t push for Hyppolite down the stretch like they did for Green and Flowe. Maybe it’s better to say they like Green and Flowe over Hyppolite when they should have just went after all three until one or more popped.

what we do know is Flagg was already committed

No one can confirm that the staff made a definitive choice between Flagg and Hyppolite. Fans are just making that up and comparing it to the Dno video with Hurley from the past.

All we know is that it seems like they didn’t push for Hyppolite down the stretch like they did for Green and Flowe. Maybe it’s better to say they like Green and Flowe over Hyppolite when they should have just went after all three until one or more popped.

what we do know is Flagg was already committed
I heard dm earlier in the year (won't say from who) that they don't like the way Hyppolite tackles. That's what upset me about the choice because of something that's teachable. Yet speed isn't teachable but they took Flagg over him....makes absolute zero sense. At first I thought no way this can be true but as the season went on and I saw how stupid our staph is....I said man this mutha ***a was right we got dummies in charge. Although I knew they sucked but I thought they would plainly see things like speed issues in prospects.

A program building type of guy? Wtf r u serious....?

Flowe is a program building guy not Flagg stop. And Yearby would never play under Richt cause he knew like we all knew ..he was never making it to the NFL u can't play big league football if at RB if your that slow. UM we expect more.....and when has size been a barometer for linebacker at UM? Those days are over give me speedy missiles man modern day backers.

By the way are u trolling about the Flagg statement cause I'm confused unless I'm reading it wrong. Program building as in choir boy or talented? I'm confused af. Flagg is a numbers guy Hyppolite has the higher ceiling are u serious right now? And it's not because he's from sfla

Also, remember this program changer:

I heard dm earlier in the year (won't say from who) that they don't like the way Hyppolite tackles. That's what upset me about the choice because of something that's teachable. Yet speed isn't teachable but they took Flagg over him....makes absolute zero sense. At first I thought no way this can be true but as the season went on and I saw how stupid our staph is....I said man this mutha ***a was right we got dummies in charge. Although I knew they sucked but I thought they would plainly see things like speed issues in prospects.

i get what your are saying, I would like for our staff to infuse the roster with more speed at some positions as well especially lbs.

All I’m saying is don’t make it a Flagg vs Hyppolite thing. The staff would have taken both Flowe and Green with everyone we have commited including Flagg. They could have easily pursued Hyppolite as well and taken him in the same scenario. They didn’t like something about him I guess,no need to bash a kid that we got because of their evals.

Advertisement
Back