Ruben Hyppolite Note

That's what grad assistant positions are for.
Then let them cut their teeth at lesser programs & if they become great at coaching THEN we bring them back. This should be a basic plan in place but NOBODY in the athletic department has an ounce of patience or foresight. One example of Manny we fall farther behind every day.
They should be telling graduate assistants that is the expected path for them as coaches in return for the opportunity.

"One example of Manny "
Freudian slip

Advertisement
When u take a Corey Flagg over Hyppolite u are back to that **** in that video. Going by HS stats and tackles instead of placing the player in the ACC and looking at the intangibles and if there speed allows them to do the same at this level.

Between those 2, hyppolite and flagg, the coaches trusted their own evals on that one, and honestly, in my opinion it probably came down to who the coaches thought had the mentality they were looking for. I dont have a problem with the pickup, although im gone always be Hometeam, but we do know going outside the fence is not always a bad thing. From what i've seen, flagg seems to have the better instincts at this stage and is morephysical, hyppolite is a lil more athletic, but his play diagnosing is a lil behind flagg. I dont like comparing players but flagg kind of fits in the gionni paul mold, if so, that's a good look!

Between those 2, hyppolite and flagg, the coaches trusted their own evals on that one, and honestly, in my opinion it probably came down to who the coaches thought had the mentality they were looking for. I dont have a problem with the pickup, although im gone always be Hometeam, but we do know going outside the fence is not always a bad thing. From what i've seen, flagg seems to have the better instincts at this stage and is morephysical, hyppolite is a lil more athletic, but his play diagnosing is a lil behind flagg. I dont like comparing players but flagg kind of fits in the gionni paul mold, if so, that's a good look!
Agree to disagree....either he never plays here and transfers or people will complain about him imo. I just think he gives up on plays and speed is worse then Shaq. In getting that from a game I saw on ESPN
He's good when u run right into him but he gets beat easily on the outside. Also in coverage he won't do well.....he has good lateral movements in the crowd though that's why he makes alot of tackles when guys run inside.

Our DB room has taken a step back under manny. Manny inherited Elder, Jackson, Jaquan, Jenkins and Carter.

LB - hope the young guys can play.

DL - best recruiting haul on D, 2 years in a row.

Numbers wise we definitely need to start stepping on the gas for corners either by february but definitely by next signing class, we gone no less than 4 or 5 db's. Linebacker wise, we stacked, cause remember the forgotten men, jennings should be back, as well as steed, along with patrick joyner who in my opinion is a natural their. Than of course we got zach mccloud coming back, Tirek and flagg, from this class and of course brooks and huff from last years class, so barring injury we should have an 8 man battle at the linebacker spot, im not sure about brooks but we know huff was redshirted and if brooks gets redshirted, we gone be straight at linebacker for a while, we may need to get away from that striker position though, because that's the direction teams are gashing us on runs from time to time, but numbers wise, with the exception of corner, the numbers on defense are starting to look right. If bandy stays, we know we got 4 quality corners, we should began to see what williams brings coverage wise, he was solid as a special teams player, saved a touchdown maybe even twice, so we know he not scared of contact!

Advertisement
Numbers wise we definitely need to start stepping on the gas for corners either by february but definitely by next signing class, we gone no less than 4 or 5 db's. Linebacker wise, we stacked, cause remember the forgotten men, jennings should be back, as well as steed, along with patrick joyner who in my opinion is a natural their. Than of course we got zach mccloud coming back, Tirek and flagg, from this class and of course brooks and huff from last years class, so barring injury we should have an 8 man battle at the linebacker spot, im not sure about brooks but we know huff was redshirted and if brooks gets redshirted, we gone be straight at linebacker for a while, we may need to get away from that striker position though, because that's the direction teams are gashing us on runs from time to time, but numbers wise, with the exception of corner, the numbers on defense are starting to look right. If bandy stays, we know we got 4 quality corners, we should began to see what williams brings coverage wise, he was solid as a special teams player, saved a touchdown maybe even twice, so we know he not scared of contact!
You’re a positive hopeful dude, obviously. And I respect that. But if you think just naming kids on our roster makes us stacked at LB, wow. Jennings, Steed and Joyner? Either you forget what stacked meant or you’re hopeful beyond belief. I don’t see Bermuda Triangle level kids there. Hopefully brooks and huff develop, but hope ain’t a strategy.

Brown isn’t from 01. Brown is from the Dennis Erickson Era.

The funny thing is that they are talking Safety speed and Donofrio asks what’s the fastest safety we had?

Brown played with him.Darryl Williams ran a 4.3.

Not to mention the litany of Cane greats that all ran better than 4.68. Taylor, Reed, Phillips, Blades, etc

It makes me want to take a bat to Golden and Donofrio for their Jersey/Penn State arrogance

I said Beard. Kevin Beard who was one of the individuals looking at Brown like he was crazy for speaking up.

Agree to disagree....either he never plays here and transfers or people will complain about him imo. I just think he gives up on plays and speed is worse then Shaq. In getting that from a game I saw on ESPN
He's good when u run right into him but he gets beat easily on the outside. Also in coverage he won't do well.....he has good lateral movements in the crowd though that's why he makes alot of tackles when guys run inside.

He definitely wasnt recruited for his speed, but his effort and work ethic are unquestioned. Once he gets with coach feely, that should enhance em, but at the end of the day, we definitely need linebackers that can navigate in traffic better than what pickney and shaq did, those guys got caught up in the wash way to often, and went missing to many times, flagg is a guy, when you play a boston college, you need a guy like him. But its going to be interesting to see how those 2 players pan out though!

Advertisement
You’re a positive hopeful dude, obviously. And I respect that. But if you think just naming kids on our roster makes us stacked at LB, wow. Jennings, Steed and Joyner? Either you forget what stacked meant or you’re hopeful beyond belief. I don’t see Bermuda Triangle level kids there. Hopefully brooks and huff develop, but hope ain’t a strategy.

Let me clarify, by stacked, i mean numbers wise, when it comes to talent, from an athletic standpoint, joyner is going to surprise some people, but Trust me, he's a heat seeking missle to the football, as well as sam brooks, those 2 guys when they see it, they going full speed, those 2 play linebacker to the level we're use to seeing round here, and huff is the greg rousseau of the linebackers from an athletic standpoint. You add in zach mccloud, and Tirek looks to me like his game is going to translate real solid at some point, if he doesnt get redshirted, i got him gobbling up tackles on special teams. While shaq was steady and balled t h e best of his abilities, same with pickney, they never played up to the consistently level of linebacking play that we're use to, shaq finally did about his last 5 games here, but from what im seeing, the next crew coming up will start to look more like this man one of the most underrated linebackers to come thru UM, who could've played in any era, who i told people when he was coming out of the West, he's the best player in this class and will be one of the best linebackers we've seen in awhile at UM, the rest is history:

He definitely wasnt recruited for his speed, but his effort and work ethic are unquestioned. Once he gets with coach feely, that should enhance em, but at the end of the day, we definitely need linebackers that can navigate in traffic better than what pickney and shaq did, those guys got caught up in the wash way to often, and went missing to many times, flagg is a guy, when you play a boston college, you need a guy like him. But its going to be interesting to see how those 2 players pan out though!
Effort?
U didn't watch the game I did then. I think that's questionable in terms of finishing plays when he's beat to the sideline I didn't like that and he was out of shape which is coachable. I'm curious to see as well cause if he's elite then boy this would be a shock to me. He's the most criticized player I ever got on since Yearby over Cook. But Cook was still being recruited.... Hyppolite isn't even being sought after and that's bad evaluation.

Let me clarify, by stacked, i mean numbers wise, when it comes to talent, from an athletic standpoint, joyner is going to surprise some people, but Trust me, he's a heat seeking missle to the football, as well as sam brooks, those 2 guys when they see it, they going full speed, those 2 play linebacker to the level we're use to seeing round here, and huff is the greg rousseau of the linebackers from an athletic standpoint. You add in zach mccloud, and Tirek looks to me like his game is going to translate real solid at some point, if he doesnt get redshirted, i got him gobbling up tackles on special teams. While shaq was steady and balled t h e best of his abilities, same with pickney, they never played up to the consistently level of linebacking play that we're use to, shaq finally did about his last 5 games here, but from what im seeing, the next crew coming up will start to look more like this man one of the most underrated linebackers to come thru UM, who could've played in any era, who i told people when he was coming out of the West, he's the best player in this class and will be one of the best linebackers we've seen in awhile at UM, the rest is history:
You’re optimistic. I’m skeptical until I see it. All fans overrate their own team’s talent, and Miami fans do it as much as anyone.

Was Spence the best LB we had seen in a while at UM? He was very good, but when we were recruiting him, Beason was on the team, and we had just seen Rocky McIntosh a year prior, and Vilma and DJ Williams a couple years prior. Dan Morgan and Nate Webster weren’t so far in history at that time. And McCarthy and Gooden were on the team also. (Sharpton and Adkins too.)

That was when we had real pro talent on greentree.

This video makes me sick. All those coaches are underminding brown and brown is so flustered because the only way he can explain himself is "can they play for the university of miami?" and that whole room full of guys either dont understand or dont have the balls to say anything. ****.
It's crazy he has to speak that way and dumb it down in a room full of guys making 6 fuqin figures for being clueless. It's like being in a room full of people who speak another language and your speaking another language and they can't understand a word your saying.

Advertisement
You’re optimistic. I’m skeptical until I see it. All fans overrate their own team’s talent, and Miami fans do it as much as anyone.

Was Spence the best LB we had seen in a while at UM? He was very good, but when we were recruiting him, Beason was on the team, and we had just seen Rocky McIntosh a year prior, and Vilma and DJ Williams a couple years prior. Dan Morgan and Nate Webster weren’t so far in history at that time. And McCarthy and Gooden were on the team also. (Sharpton and Adkins too.)

Facts

Effort?
U didn't watch the game I did then. I think that's questionable in terms of finishing plays when he's beat to the sideline I didn't like that and he was out of shape which is coachable. I'm curious to see as well cause if he's elite then boy this would be a shock to me. He's the most criticized player I ever got on since Yearby over Cook. But Cook was still being recruited.... Hyppolite isn't even being sought after and that's bad evaluation.

Im not saying flagg is better than hyppolite, but i do know we did need a bigger linebacker at somepoint, flagg is a guy that when he reshapes his body, he'll gain more confidence and he'll be steady out there, he's a program building type of guy, this staff can still get hyppolite if they wanted him, but at this stage, would he be a program changer or just add to the numbers. Now i was with you when it came to the yearby and cook situation, most knew cook would be the better back, but i will say this, yearby was more productive here than give credit for, kind of under utilized, he definitely should've stayed for his senior year.

Im not saying flagg is better than hyppolite, but i do know we did need a bigger linebacker at somepoint, flagg is a guy that when he reshapes his body, he'll gain more confidence and he'll be steady out there, he's a program building type of guy, this staff can still get hyppolite if they wanted him, but at this stage, would he be a program changer or just add to the numbers. Now i was with you when it came to the yearby and cook situation, most knew cook would be the better back, but i will say this, yearby was more productive here than give credit for, kind of under utilized, he definitely should've stayed for his senior year.
A program building type of guy? Wtf r u serious....?

Flowe is a program building guy not Flagg stop. And Yearby would never play under Richt cause he knew like we all knew ..he was never making it to the NFL u can't play big league football if at RB if your that slow. UM we expect more.....and when has size been a barometer for linebacker at UM? Those days are over give me speedy missiles man modern day backers.

By the way are u trolling about the Flagg statement cause I'm confused unless I'm reading it wrong. Program building as in choir boy or talented? I'm confused af. Flagg is a numbers guy Hyppolite has the higher ceiling are u serious right now? And it's not because he's from sfla

Advertisement
A program building type of guy? Wtf r u serious....?

Flowe is a program building guy not Flagg stop. And Yearby would never play under Richt cause he knew like we all knew ..he was never making it to the NFL u can't play big league football if at RB if your that slow. UM we expect more.....and when has size been a barometer for linebacker at UM? Those days are over give me speedy missiles man modern day backers.

By the way are u trolling about the Flagg statement cause I'm confused unless I'm reading it wrong. Program building as in choir boy or talented? I'm confused af. Flagg is a numbers guy Hyppolite has the higher ceiling are u serious right now? And it's not because he's from sfla

Hasnt stop working out since the day the season ended

Right, and im glad you called the roll, cause with the exception of morgan and vilma, spence had a better college career than the rest of them. And had he played on any of the teams those guys played on, he might've gone in the 1st round 2 as well. Had he not gotten injured his rookie year, that man was getting ready to ball out in the pro's!

program building? really?

The players we signed this year will be playing for a different head coach. Patke Banda baker Rumph will all be gone. Mercifully

Advertisement
Back