RPI

RPI#7
SOS #2

3-2 vs Top 50
6-3 vs Top 100

That's a lot of what the committee looks at. FGCU is 70 and Indy St is 26 and Zona 4, so not bad losses

Advertisement
Were undefeated when Durand and Reggie both play. Let that sink in.

Further, were 2-0 in the ACC, 2-0 on the road in the ACC, and just won in Chapel Hill, without Reggie.

We have 0 bad losses

We have 6 good wins and 3 really good wins

Its good to be Canes hoops right now.

A top 5 seed is possible.

RPI#7
SOS #2

3-2 vs Top 50
6-3 vs Top 100

That's a lot of what the committee looks at. FGCU is 70 and Indy St is 26 and Zona 4, so not bad losses

THose are basically all they look at, and then bad losses, road record, and conf record/conf strength

Advertisement
We're Miami...I'd be shocked if we were ranked. Beat BC on Wednesday and we should be ranked heading into Duke

We should move up tomorrow. I wouldnt be shocked if we are ranked either.

we won't be ranked...
This was after we beat UNC
AP
Others receiving votes: Virginia Commonwealth 94, Wyoming 87, Oklahoma State 64, Marquette 41, UCLA 41, Maryland 29, Kentucky 27, Temple 13, Oregon 11, North Carolina 4, Pittsburgh 1

USA Today Coaches Poll
Others receiving votes: New Mexico 48, Wichita State 47, Kentucky 43, Oklahoma State 34, Maryland 10, Pittsburgh 7, North Carolina 5, UCLA 3, Marquette 3, Colorado State 2, Saint Mary's 2, Temple 1, Arizona State 1, Utah State 1, Virginia 1

Last edited:

we won't be ranked...
AP
Others receiving votes: Virginia Commonwealth 94, Wyoming 87, Oklahoma State 64, Marquette 41, UCLA 41, Maryland 29, Kentucky 27, Temple 13, Oregon 11, North Carolina 4, Pittsburgh 1

USA Today Coaches Poll
Others receiving votes: New Mexico 48, Wichita State 47, Kentucky 43, Oklahoma State 34, Maryland 10, Pittsburgh 7, North Carolina 5, UCLA 3, Marquette 3, Colorado State 2, Saint Mary's 2, Temple 1, Arizona State 1, Utah State 1, Virginia 1

No, that was after GT. New polls come out on Mondays (tomorrow).

we won't be ranked...
AP

USA Today Coaches Poll

No, that was after GT. New polls come out on Mondays (tomorrow).
Ah, ok

Advertisement
We won't be ranked unless we beat bc and duke.

It'll depend on how many votes we get in the new poll. If we're close to the Top 25 this week, we might be ranked if we beat BC. It would be hard not to rank a 13-3, 4-0 team with a top 10 RPI.

Advertisement
Wichita State lost yesterday. Wyoming lost this week.

Still will be tough.

This weeks polls aren't out yet.

From Andy Katz

• I think we're going to see some separation with NC State, Duke and Miami. The rest of the ACC is going to beat up on each other.

Advertisement
My god the polls in coll hoops are worthless.

The #5 rpi team is 13-3, undefeated in the #4 conf, with wins over Mich St, UNC, and 4 other TOP 50 opponents....and thats not one of the top 25. lulz

If the tourney was today wed be like a 3-5 seed. All that m,atters.

Teams we played keep winning too. Charlotte, who is 15-2, only 2 losses to us and FSU, Indiana State, Michigan State, etc.

Advertisement
Back