Rousseau Scouting Report

We've seen some stellar players get into "avoid injury" mode their last college season . . . I'm a little leery of that, but ****, if he continues to develop, he should have a monster season and cement himself as a 1st rounder.

Advertisement
- IF We win 10 games
- Rousseau has another double digit sack season
- He gets drafted in the 1st round
- FL athletes can get paid
- The 2022 DE class is the most loaded it's ever been in decades, (which means we'll have an elite DE haul)

The stars are aligning...

2020 is shaping up to be special along the line. Hopefully Phillips stays another year to bookend with Harvey, and we see Brooks, Huff and Joyner emerge as our second level stars for 2021. As long as Baker doesn't f it up.

- IF We win 10 games
- The 2022 DE class is the most loaded it's ever been in decades, (which means we'll have an elite DE haul)

We are legit becoming a DE feeder to the pros now with all these freaks lined up one after another

Advertisement
2020 is shaping up to be special along the line. Hopefully Phillips stays another year to bookend with Harvey, and we see Brooks, Huff and Joyner emerge as our second level stars for 2021. As long as Baker doesn't f it up.
We can pay J. Phillips or any returning players like $250,000+ to return for the senior seasons in 2021

Any chance we can use a pass rushing D-Line of

DE Phillips
DT Rousseau
DT Nesta
DE Roche
Yup.

There's about 5 or 6 different Quads we can run with on the DLine in certain packages.

On 3rd downs (depending on the yards to convert) you can go with:

WDE - Quincy Roche
1Tech - Jon Ford
3Tech - Gregory Rousseau
SDE - Jaelan Phillips

Or

DE - Gregory Rousseau
DT - Nesta Silvera
DT - Jordan Miller
DE - Jaelan Phillips

Or

DE - Jaelan Phillips
DT - Jared Harrison-Hunte
DT - Gregory Rousseau
DE - Jahfari Harvey

Or

DE - Quincy Roche
DT - Jalar Holley
DT - Jason Blissett
DE - Cam Williams

Or

DE - Gregory Rousseau
DT - Nesta Silvera
DE - Jahfari Harvey

There's about 5 more I could come up with & I'm not even including none of the TF's or the dozen or so combos on 3-down lineman sets we could with too.

We have an insanely deep Defensive line, literally one of the top 5 in the Nation.

The last time I enjoyed this type of dominance off the edge was Greg Marks and Rusty Meadaris watching these two explode off the line all game long with the pressure they brought was like a race (with OT just grasping at the air) to get to the QB was always on.

It's going to be GOOOOD.

We could be going on a run with first round defensive ends. Barton Simmons was talking about how in a few years we could have a special run with D-Ends. Greg and Roche may both go round 1, pray Phillips comes back is productive, and add in Harvey who coaches love we could be something special. I just pray these 2022 kids see this cuz that class on the line is special

Advertisement
Yup.

There's about 5 or 6 different Quads we can run with on the DLine in certain packages.

On 3rd downs (depending on the yards to convert) you can go with:

WDE - Quincy Roche
1Tech - Jon Ford
3Tech - Gregory Rousseau
SDE - Jaelan Phillips

Or

DE - Gregory Rousseau
DT - Nesta Silvera
DT - Jordan Miller
DE - Jaelan Phillips

Or

DE - Jaelan Phillips
DT - Gregory Rousseau
DE - Jahfari Harvey

Or

DE - Quincy Roche
DT - Jalar Holley
DT - Jason Blissett
DE - Cam Williams

Or

DE - Gregory Rousseau
DT - Nesta Silvera
DE - Jahfari Harvey

There's about 5 more I could come up with & I'm not even including none of the TF's or the dozen or so combos on 3-down lineman sets we could with too.

We have an insanely deep Defensive line, literally one of the top 5 in the Nation.
You know you forgot the one that’s most likely lol.
DE- Roche
DT- Rousseau
DE- Phillips

- IF We win 10 games

tenor - 2020-06-12T142957.054.gif

Are you sniffing glue? Maybe we go with that lineup on 3rd and long but no way do we move Rousseau inside.

Listen to me, because I know what is best for everyone. There are a great many problems facing America today, and I have all the answers to all of them. Everyone should listen to what I have to say and heed my advice because I am correct. I wouldn't propose a 50% move inside for Rousseau if we didn't have a former no. 1 overall recruit taking his place at DE.

Advertisement
We could be going on a run with first round defensive ends. Barton Simmons was talking about how in a few years we could have a special run with D-Ends. Greg and Roche may both go round 1, pray Phillips comes back is productive, and add in Harvey who coaches love we could be something special. I just pray these 2022 kids see this cuz that class on the line is special

I’m feeling super good about our top 3 guys. How legit is the Harvey talk? I know people are excited about the two 2020 Williams kids. How about 2019 Cam Williams?

I love Rousseau but having Phillips rotate with he and Roche at DE is a waste of our resources.

DE Roche / DT Silvera / DT Rousseau / DE Phillips

Get your best players on the field. Period. End of story.
Love that package in third downs......

Advertisement
I’ve never played football, not even in a video game, so I’m really not qualified to evaluate talent like that but I have a question. What could the coaches have seen last season to cause them to start Scott Patchan over Greg?

You know you forgot the one that’s most likely lol.
DE- Roche
DT- Rousseau
DE- Phillips
Didn't actually forget it at all if I clearly said I didn't include the dozens of 3-down lineman sets we could run with.

If Miami has a good season and our DEs eat, I wouldn't mind if UM takes 1 defensive end this class and go hard for 2022.

Advertisement
Back