Rousseau Opts out - F****

Florida State defensive tackle Marvin Wilson was one of the most outspoken voices about social justice issues during the offseason.

But he said Thursday that he has not been a part of any conversations like the ones that led to open letters from Big Ten and Pac-12 players demanding reforms and new standards for health, safety, race issues and player compensation.

Wilson, the No. 9 player on Mel Kiper's early 2021 NFL draft Big Board, said he never considered sitting out this season, and his focus is entirely local -- both on and off the field.

"I didn't come back to sit out and just go prepare for the league," Wilson said ahead of Florida State's first practice during the coronavirus pandemic. "That's taking the easy way out. For me, personally, I feel like I have work to do here in Tallahassee."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...vin-wilson-calls-sitting-protest-easy-way-out

Send rosenhaus and those agents up there!

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with Greg or any other player opting out. Frankly, I find it odd that a bunch of meatheads would expect kids with legit futures to risk long term damage(There have been studies that suggest that permanent scarring of the lungs can occur in some COVID patients), for a season that is basically a wash.

Football is a unique sport in which the teams are huge, and the chance of exposure are significantly higher.

See the Red Sox who are without a starting pitcher for the year due to heart issues he has after getting covid

Exactly. Too many dumbass meatheads on this board, people that don't understand that there are young, previously healthy people that won't ever be the same after battling this disease. I wouldn't have a problem if the entire season was cancelled. Then again, I'm not a sociopath that thinks that these young men exist solely to entertain me.

I should hope he at least got antibody test first. Its possible he already had it and has antibodies...Hopefully someone on staff was smart enough to ask him to do this first but doubt it

This is one area Manny has so far failed to change - horrible culture of guys leaving early and leaving bank on the table...

O well, hope he reps us well in the league. Roche and Philips - LETS ROLL

He already signed with an agency? Wow
1596762415328.png

Advertisement
Huge questions and lost our best defensive game changer by a mile. Nobody knows about Roche. Phillips is one concussion away from being on a medical scholarship. Harvey all smoke and mirrors. No proven studs at all. Just potential.
True.

But ever since Manny took over, we always question the DL.

So far, haven't been let down yet since 2016.
That gives me enough reason to say we will be good. Next man up.

And all this bashing Rousseau after getting LT.... man we look like the gaytor boards, frfr. Chillax, our DL play will still be very good to elite.

He won't be on the team or around it unless it's to chill now that he's signed an agent.

I don't wish him anything but the best in life, but I'm not a fan of this move.

This shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. What’s more surprising is that a lot more guys aren’t opting out.

why take any risk of potential long term health problems when you’re already going to be a top 15 pick?

Advertisement
True.

But ever since Manny took over, we always question the DL.

So far, haven't been let down yet since 2016.
That gives me enough reason to say we will be good. Next man up.

And all this bashing Rousseau after getting LT.... man we look like the gaytor boards, frfr. Chillax, our DL play will still be very good to elite.

The DL has been a solid unit overall since we switched schemes.

Díaz has had a DL drafted in every single draft since he’s been here. Rousseau and Roche are the next two Guaranteed DL Draft picks.

Now like I said they’ve played pretty well as a unit. Our best was when Willis was here. He And Rousseau talent wise put up the best numbers.

Garvins career numbers are pedestrian here. Just on paper numbers wise we haven’t had absolute MONSTARS outside of Willis and Roussea.

IDK if any of this current group is that caliber player. But I can say that I think they’ll be a solid unit again just from the scheme.

Miami draft picks since Manny Díaz got here.

Attachments

• 554A0F01-4299-4C46-8DCF-682337DC75CD.jpeg
    554A0F01-4299-4C46-8DCF-682337DC75CD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Advertisement
This one hurts.

Best player we've had in maybe 15 years and we got to watch him play in like 9 games during a season that produced a losing record.

God we are cursed

We will be okay.

He WILL be a player in the NFL. No doubt about it.

I've always maintained that if you can go make big money, go for it. You can always come back and finish your education if you wish.

Good luck to him.

Advertisement
Be honest, if Manny Díaz were your coach and if you were in Greg Rosseau’s position, you’d opt out too in this scenario. Manny’s in over his head and Greg sees it.

Greg knows Manny can only hurt, not help his draft stock so he’s doing the smart thing and getting out now. Manny is a bigger risk to a players career than COVID-19
26208EF7-A154-4618-AFB6-E7DC56D6E7A0.jpeg

Quick path to money... LMAO. Dumbest **** ever.... Typical football player works on his craft (blood, sweat and tears) for 8-12 years before ever receiving any meaningful compensation. Basketball and football players are constantly singled out. It’s typical good ole boy rhetoric. Baseball, tennis, track... ect. They can be compensated right out of HS if they’re skilled....

There’s no quick path to the fugging NFL. GET a clue. He doesn’t have a lot of tape. REALLY wanted him to play this year. But I’m not in his position and don’t know his family needs.

Best of luck.

Advertisement
Back