Rousseau Opts out - F****

2nd or 3rd round.. 10 games of film is not a 1st round draft pick. Our fans always over rate our players. I guess the past 17 years has taught them nothing. Our guys leave early and get drafted late. Rinse wash repeat.. Lmao. He is not a 1st rounder after 10 games on film.. let the hype machine keep spinning.

From a former scout and lead NFL Network draft guy:

Advertisement
Nate Webster was never the best player on the teams he played for here.
Nate was one of my favorite and helped beat UCLA in a game that meant something. He faxed in a paper last minute. This guy backs out 5 minutes after the coaches press conference and 1 hr later signed with an agent. These guys are reaching to protect some dude who doesn't even care they exist.

He was a first rounder dope. All offseason everyone stroked him and now he made a personal decision everyone’s trashing what he is? Come on lol
It seems like the same guys trashing him are the same ones that are disgusted at the notion of cfb players getting paid (see, Pac-12 thread). Losers like @1LuvCane

I’m Sad we won’t get to see him play, but welcome to the new normal.

Advertisement
It seems like the same guys trashing him are the same ones that are disgusted at the notion of cfb players getting paid (see, Pac-12 thread). Losers like @1LuvCane

I’m Sad we won’t get to see him play, but welcome to the new normal.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Coming from you it means the world.
Zzzzz....
Another person looking for an empathy trophy in the mail.

Nate Webster was never the best player on the teams he played for here.

As of the off-season, Nate Webster was the best returning player on defense for the 2000 team. Obviously, Ed Reed was amazing in 2000 and 2001.

I know it's probably going to be viewed as a weak excuse, but if his Mama his an ER nurse and super freaked out about the COVID, then I can understand the family pressure to not put himself at risk. I just hope he is spending every day getting ready for the combine because if gets fat in the next few months and runs a 5.1 40, teams aren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt since they only have the 3/4 of the season to see production.
Young people mortal rate from Covid is so low you can’t scientifically measure it. He more likely to get struck by lighting than die from Covid.

Advertisement
I work in and adult ER and my wife works in pediatric one. Neither of us have yet to see a young healthy young adult die from covid. Plenty of older and very elderly but healthy under 30 athletes? Haven’t seen it.
This is true. The age group from 0-24 dying of Covid is 1 in 250,000. Dying from crossing the street is 1 in 550.

From a former scout and lead NFL Network draft guy:

His measurables alone will make guys drool.. He is too much of a plus from that point of view.. Very few people can only start 6 reg games and go first round.. Just our luck, the one year we have that type of special high round talent, we get 100 year pandemic. Cant make this stuff up

Go fvck yourself twice. Stop comparing these kids to kids having academic scholarships.

If a football player leaves early, and later comes back to school, Miami pays the tuition. End of your whine.
What do you expect from someone who's addicted to opioids & is a junkie? They're incapable of rational & logical thinking

Last edited:
Young people mortal rate from Covid is so low you can’t scientifically measure it. He more likely to get struck by lighting than die from Covid.

Yes and there is a bigger chance of getting struck by lightning than eaten by a shark, but I still always make sure there is at least one person between me and open water. Shark can eat that guy first. Flu and mono have crazy low mortality rates but I wouldn't want to feel like **** for weeks even if it doesn't kill me.

Advertisement
**** I just get in. Log onto the board and see this.....

I’ll be honest this is a MASSIVE LOSS to me at the moment.

He is the only one who proved himself in the Power 5.

Roche we need to see how he performs as a Cane against the P5. P5 ball and G5 ball are different.

Phillips with the injury and not really knowing what he can do is question mark. We all saw the high school tape and know what the potential can be. Can he become that? It’s a question mark until we suit up.

Harvey? What has he shown you all at the P5 level. I don’t care about the green tree all Americans anymore. Who strapped their helmet and balled?

Truthfully this defensive line has talent on paper. But nobody has proven anything at Miami just yet.

Hopefully they all perform to the levels you guys are optimistic about.

One of y’all said Greg wouldn’t have gotten 15 sacks.....maybe. But I think he was still good for 10+ sacks and creating enough pressure that the other guys on the DL including Roche would feast off of......

Big hit to me. Until I see these guys everyone’s optimistic about line up and play in a canes uniform.....I think it’s a big blow.

i understand it though.

Well ****.. ruined today's fap in a big way. Sucks to see it but I get why he's doing this.

Advertisement
As of the off-season, Nate Webster was the best returning player on defense for the 2000 team. Obviously, Ed Reed was amazing in 2000 and 2001.
Well on this I still have to disagree with you Original. The best player on the 2000 team was dan Morgan and of course we all know Ed was on the 2001 team. Basically the point I was trying to make is this guy is our chase young these year, a kid that can actually win a championship for us all by himself and with the team we have and the chance we have to contend for him to just quit on his team by using the phony @ss corona excuse is bull$hit man! He gave up on this team and that is an unforgivable sin in my book as the clear cut best player on the team and had a chance to be the best player in all of CFB. Edgerrin would have never done that, ed would have never done that, Sean would have never done that, Sapp would have never done that, ray would have never done that, and Gino and many others would have never done that. It’s selfish no matter how you want to spin it and I’m surprised so very few of my fellow canes on her aren’t ******* ****ed about this and calling it what it is instead of just saying “wish him the best” and. “ cane forever”. Fvck that, he lost that right when he quit on this team today. Smh

I don't blame Greg at all. This is today's athlete. More about me than team. These kids don't want to play in bowl games, they jump from team to team, they leave the team after getting injured to prepare for draft instead of rehabbing and getting back on the field and now some are using covid as an excuse not to play. He's just doing what most kids do these days.

I don't blame Greg at all. This is today's athlete. More about me than team. These kids don't want to play in bowl games, they jump from team to team, they leave the team after getting injured to prepare for draft instead of rehabbing and getting back on the field and now some are using covid as an excuse not to play. He's just doing what most kids do these days.

lol its about getting to the league and earning that dream check. pay the kids as employees of the school or expect more of it bc i dont blame them one bit

Like right after Leonard Taylor commits?
**** was weird. Diaz comes out on zoom call and says we have full participation for tomorrow start of camp, no injuries, no covid issues, no opt out. Then in same meeting while wrapping up, he must of got a text or something and said he just been notified by Greg that he is opting out..

Advertisement
Back