Rousseau Opts out - F****

Advertisement
Anybody else hear GR in his E$PN draft interview say he was blessed on his post-opt-out marketing deal that let him take care of his mom while she took a leave of absence? I think that pretty much answers what went down here.
Rosenwhore

Advertisement
Big **** you to all the told you so guys out there. Did Rousseau probably fall because he opted out obviously but there is also a chance he came back and didn't match is 1 year wonder season. He made the right choice to ride his success whatever his reason was. I personally am thinking **** I miss Stroud back to back years he led us to 1st round DE. Simpson was cool and all but in comparison ouch.

Big **** you to all the told you so guys out there. Did Rousseau probably fall because he opted out obviously but there is also a chance he came back and didn't match is 1 year wonder season. He made the right choice to ride his success whatever his reason was. I personally am thinking **** I miss Stroud back to back years he led us to 1st round DE. Simpson was cool and all but in comparison ouch.
Here's the thing tho, the questions about his on field ability would have still been there even if he played. Miami still would have slide him inside on obvious passing downs. Maybe backing up his numbers might have helped some but the same talk about how he got his sacks would have still been there. At the end of the day tho, the kid sat with his family and they decided that was the best thing for them. I can't hate on that. Kid is a first round pick out the U, I'm happy for him and his family and I'll be rooting for him, except when he plays my Fins lol

Nobody is rooting against GR15 and the simps that keep making it about that suck at reading.

This thread was essentially those that said opting out would hurt his draft status vs those that thought it wouldn't.

Advertisement
Rousseau going to dominate. Kid really has a high ceiling. Congrats!

He went where he should’ve gone. No matter what he did statistically he is not a better player than Phillips at the next level. Last night late and the first I saw team pick a guy who had zero sacks his senior year.

The NFL picks on what they think they can turn you into, production is only a small part of it.

Congrats to GR15 for making 1st round.

His opt out year cost him at least $3 to $8million.

Hope it was worth it to him.

Advertisement
I think the opt out hurt him but I think more than that was his pro day. All the reports from scouts after the pro day were that he really disappointed. He needed to show elite athletic traits and he did not do that.

Congrats to GR15 for making 1st round.

His opt out year cost him at least $3 to $8million.

Hope it was worth it to him.
Don't assume that, what if he came back and got injured? or looked worse? He's a first rounder, going to a team that has a good D, and he'll get a chance to play and learn his craft.

I wonder if he will quit on his team every time a new Covid variant is announced?

Good for him for making the draft money though.

Advertisement
Don't assume that, what if he came back and got injured? or looked worse? He's a first rounder, going to a team that has a good D, and he'll get a chance to play and learn his craft.

im going on percentages...

percentages say most NCAA players don’t get hurt...

percentages say GR would have continued ballin out at DE last year — especially with JP on the other side.

percentages say when you have 2 dominant DE/Sack monsters on the team they both would have had more pressure and sacks playing together. (Team would have also done a lot better and maybe won another 1-2 games btw)

percentages say his playing a 2nd dominant year would have had him inside the 15th pick and would have doubled his signing contract.

im going on percentages...

percentages say most NCAA players don’t get hurt...

percentages say GR would have continued ballin out at DE last year — especially with JP on the other side.

percentages say when you have 2 dominant DE/Sack monsters on the team they both would have had more pressure and sacks playing together. (Team would have also done a lot better and maybe won another 1-2 games btw)

percentages say his playing a 2nd dominant year would have had him inside the 15th pick and would have doubled his signing contract.
Honestly his sub par pro day was more the cause of him dropping than him opting out. Did opting out prevent Penei, or the receiver from LSU from getting drafted high?

Honestly his sub par pro day was more the cause of him dropping than him opting out. Did opting out prevent Penei, or the receiver from LSU from getting drafted high?

You’re right—- his pro day didn’t help

But if he had a 2nd dominant collegiate year and had the same pro day the scouts would have still given him higher marks.

Advertisement
Back