Roster Adjustment- Post Spring

drop the pfenniger or w.e. his name is now w cam ward and emory and brown healthy
Congratulations you distilled stupidity into its purest, simplest form.

Well Done Congrats GIF by America's Got Talent

Advertisement
i
Love Poff but JB is barely scratching the surface of what he can be. Poff is pretty much a finished product
When you bring in two QB's from the portal it says a lot of what surface JB is scratching..... It's year 3 for him... Guys who are that good take over programs at this point , instead we took 2 from the portal to do the job...

Advertisement
We didnt lose the bowl game because of JB. We let the rb from Rutgers run all over us. I watched him and Emory last year and JB looked better.

JB better than Emory last year? Eh, that's a stretch my guy. Emory was handcuffed to throwing screens - but blossomed when the playbook was opened.

JB has a higher ceiling of course, but he's lacking in the "what have you done for me lately" category.

When you bring in two QB's from the portal it says a lot of what surface JB is scratching..... It's year 3 for him... Guys who are that good take over programs at this point , instead we took 2 from the portal to do the job...
One of the guys we took was the best qb in the portal period. And the other guy is only here because Ward took so long to decide. He was an insurance policy.

1 QB leaves- whoever finished 3rd
2 WR leave- Kirk and Redding
3-4 OL leave- Sagapolo, Denis, Zion and one more
2 DL- Campbell, Gore, Malik Bryant or Moten
1 LB leaves
2 DB's- Balom and Freeney

Total 11-12 players for 5 portal players to come in WR, CB, S, RB, DT

Its quite easy to trim our roster, but for some reason people get attached to trash players too easily I could have easily name 5-10 more guys who could leave and I would not flinch an inch.
I agree with your post but it's much too early to conclude that Malik Bryant is a trash player. Freeney has been very disappointing as he was the #2 JUCO CB when he signed. Brian Balom is another player that is just not good enough for what we are building here. 1 QB will definitely leave after spring and I'm guessing it will be Jacurri Brown. It wouldn't shock me to see one of the LBs leave. At WR Redding and Kirk. At TE we may see Carver seek pt elsewhere. On the OL Sagapolo and Denis. At DL Campbell, Gore or it wouldn't shock me to see Moten leave. There's a logjam at DE but it's tough to pick someone. Malik Bryant may see a quicker road to PT somewhere. Ajay Allen may not want to sit around to get 5 carries a game. That would make 13 players leaving. Subtract 6 from 91 to get to 85 then that leaves us 7 spots to fill via the portal. RB, DT, 2CB, Safety, WR and maybe a stud pass rushing DE.

JB better than Emory last year? Eh, that's a stretch my guy. Emory was handcuffed to throwing screens - but blossomed when the playbook was opened.

JB has a higher ceiling of course, but he's lacking in the "what have you done for me lately" category.
I think he lacks a little bit more than that. Look, I'm a huge Jacurri Brown fan and I really wanted the young man to develop and excel here. That being said he is just too flawed mechanically and his footwork still leaves a lot to be desired. His best bet is to go somewhere that runs primarily read option. At this point I don't ever think he is going to thrive in a conventional passing offense mostly because of what I pointed out above. The other thing is that while he certainly looks the part, he just isn't the explosive type of runner that we assumed he would be. The running part could easily work it's way out the more reps he gets in a read option type offense as he becomes more comfortable but that isn't going to happen here.

Advertisement
1 LB leaves

Its quite easy to trim our roster, but for some reason people get attached to trash players too easily I could have easily name 5-10 more guys who could leave and I would not flinch an inch.
Don’t see Freeney or Bryant leaving. What LB do you see leaving? Bobby Washington if that’s the case you might as well add his brother. If it’s Kaleb Spencer does that mean we add another Safety depth piece in case?I’ll bite on Gore and Campbell. Sagapulo, Denis, and 1 other OL. I’m not sure we can walk away from Zion’s scholarship based on Mario’s words about medical. He has to have graduated already and Miami should petition to have him not counted against 85 limit, considering it appears a miracle is needed to get Zion back on the field. I also see Jacurri leaving/forced out after spring. Hopefully, they can end things amicably. The WRs listed makes sense with the young guys responding well.

It's been heavily hinted at (or guaranteed) that we are going to lose players to the portal that are contributors. If you're looking for 5-6 players you're going to get it.
HMmmm. Not sure where you’re getting this information? I think for the most part we’ve already had all significant contributors portal now that Parrish has made his decision known.

They’re maybe a young guy or two who we would prefer stay based on hype. But I don’t see another significant contributor from 2023 leaving unless Jacolby is seriously in the doghouse again.

Kirk - was this a poor eval by Zo and the staff?
Redding - nice locker room guy, but time to move on
Logan S - not D1 caliber
Denis - will never contribute
Zion - time to politely ask him to move on/retire
Campbell/Gore - we can't have them eating up 2 spots. Keep whoever is better of those two
Freeney - same as Kirk, had some buzz coming in but has done absolutely nothing
Balom - We convinced him to come back...why? Time to move on
Markeith Williams - if he can't get it going this spring, might be time to move on
I think you’re pretty on point except for Markeith Williams and Freeney. Coaches like growth of both. Don’t see them leaving without something top end on the horizon. Remember DB numbers are scary thin and young. No one in that DB aside from Powel/Porter has real game time experience. Both will also be tested a lot more now that they have a full season of film starting to look at.

We didnt lose the bowl game because of JB. We let the rb from Rutgers run all over us. I watched him and Emory last year and JB looked better.
Atrain - be honest..: what’s your relation to Jacurri? It will be easier for us to be respectful and take you seriously if you come clean.

Otherwise, I think you have a big crush my friend. I suggest just be open and authentic with Jacurri and don’t make any assumptions about what he might do. Just ensure you’re true to yourself and allow your “true feelings” be the vibe setter for what could be a night of your life. As you’ve mentioned his athletic build/physique/talents numerous times, I suggest you try and be adventurous if consent is provided.

We’ll handle the QB discussions with some analysis, footage, and insight from experts who actually watch them all throw and run the offense in the meantime!

We encourage your honesty and bravery!

Advertisement
1 LB leaves

I see Williams as finishing third in the QB battle, which isn't a bad thing for him. He'll be behind two guys that will eventually graduate, and he'll have a great shot at the starting job. ****, injuries happen, and he might see the field sooner.

Atrain - be honest..: what’s your relation to Jacurri? It will be easier for us to be respectful and take you seriously if you come clean.

Otherwise, I think you have a big crush my friend. I suggest just be open and authentic with Jacurri and don’t make any assumptions about what he might do. Just ensure you’re true to yourself and allow your “true feelings” be the vibe setter for what could be a night of your life. As you’ve mentioned his athletic build/physique/talents numerous times, I suggest you try and be adventurous if consent is provided.

We’ll handle the QB discussions with some analysis, footage, and insight from experts who actually watch them all throw and run the offense in the meantime!

We encourage your honesty and bravery!
You can’t be serious. I am not in any way related to Jacurri. I just watched the games, that’s it.

What’s really funny is you feel as if I’m somehow biased. You guys are the experts….right. There are people that go to practice this spring who say JB is the second best qb. There are come that say Poff.

I’m not there so I can’t say. But what I can say is I heard all last year is Emory is so much much better and more accurate than JB in practice. But what I saw was a qb with a weak arm who couldn’t even hit a slant with much accuracy. Then I saw the bowl game after not seeing JB all year. It looked to me like I was lied to by the EXPERTS who are supposed to know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
You can’t be serious. I am not in any way related to Jacurri. I just watched the games, that’s it.

What’s really funny is you feel as if I’m somehow biased. You guys are the experts….right. There are people that go to practice this spring who say JB is the second best qb. There are come that say Poff.

I’m not there so I can’t say. But what I can say is I heard all last year is Emory is so much much better and more accurate than JB in practice. But what I saw was qb with a weak arm who couldn’t even hit a slant with much accuracy. Then I saw the bowl game after not seeing JB all year. It looked to me like I was lied to by the EXPERTS who are supposed to know what they are talking about.
Dude I was being running. Don’t be so sensitive Sally. Most people, I included think Emory has better accuracy and runs the offense more effectively/efficiently. Jacurri has a better arm strength and is surely a better athlete. You like his potential more, cool.

The reality appears to be Ward/Poff as 1/2 unless injury or something substantial changes. Emory not only currently has a better understanding of the offense, but can also redshirt this year. Jacurri can not which leads a lot of people to believe he will likely want his shot to start now as opposed to later. I don’t see him being here next year as QB #3, but I’ve been wrong before.

Advertisement
Unless NIL and transfer rules change, teams with strong rosters (should be UM going forward) can't afford to develop/ play young unknown QB's. Not that many JJ McCarthy's out there who win big at the school that signed them out of HS.

Bump.

From my count the roster is now at exactly 75 (not counting Lou or JTs son)
- while also including Zion

Add in the 10 freshman scheduled to enroll and the number is right where it needs to be, 85.

This means from here on out it will be a 1 in and 1 out situation. If Miami takes 2/3 transfers, just know 2/3 more gotta go.

Bump.

Add in the 10 freshman scheduled to enroll and the number is right where it needs to be, 85.

This means from here on out it will be a 1 in and 1 out situation. If Miami takes 2/3 transfers, just know 2/3 more gotta go.
Angry Tom Hanks GIF by Laff

Bump.

I keep an excel tracker of the roster and I'm at 85 as well (adding in the incoming freshman)... there is definitely 5 or 6 more guys that probably should look for greener pastures. Hopefully those are the ones that leave. The JHH transfer kinda stung and now opened up another need IMO

Advertisement
Back