Rosier

Advertisement
"As for the Carver students he met, Cager said: “Very athletic. Frank Gore came out of this field, so the next Frank Gore may be out there. I couldn’t believe the speed those kids had. I’m from Baltimore and we don’t have that kind of speed up there.”

Future canes

Whoever starts this year I honestly feel relatively confident about..too much firepower to **** up

Rosier sounds confident, but I didn't hear him acting like the job was his.

A bit of a stretch maybe, but he made Perry sound like a pup. Kind of putting him in his place a little. I am sure he has heard the hype too. Also made the comment that his "mindset was to lead in the film room and field". But you can make of it what you will. He does sound confident though.

Advertisement
Rosier starts Game 1. The question is does he finish the season starting?

Richt is not going to jump in bed with a Senior QB at this juncture.. He's in year 2 and has the luxury of rolling with a more talented, young, QB prospect. Perry would really have to crap the bed in fall practice to not be the Game 1 starter.

Advertisement
Definitely coming across has it's his job to lose. Sounding like an alpha. Sorry if this was posted here elsewhere. Did not see it.

Incoming Miami Hurricanes quarterbacks mentored by veterans | Miami Herald

No matter what happens this year, I will always have respect for Rosier - he played a **** good game against Duke in 2015 at a time when we needed some sign of life for this program. Seems to be pretty well liked and respected by his teammates as well.

Yeah, I think him and Shirreffs both are well liked and respected by their team mates. One reason I would like to see one of them step up and seal the deal and take the starter role. If Perry comes in and wins the job, just barely, it might not be as good of a thing as people think for the locker room. We fans always want the incoming freshman QB to be the savior of the program, but guys on the team don't necessarily feel the same. Someone that has paid their dues and worked for years to get a shot is respected by their peers.

Nothing against Perry, but he's going to have to blow the doors off of the guys ahead of him to win the job, and the respect of his team mates. Kaaya never seemed to have that, no matter what people said to the media. He was gifted the starting spot when Williams went down in the spring. The older players on the team were upset Williams never got a chance to play later in the year. Kaaya just never seemed to have the team after that. He was the best QB on the roster, but something was lacking. I do not want the same thing to happen to Perry. I get it, we all think Perry is better in every way than Kaaya, but we will be better off if Rosier or Shirreffs steps up so the team can warm up to Perry for a year.

Just my two cents.

Richt is not going to jump in bed with a Senior QB at this juncture.. He's in year 2 and has the luxury of rolling with a more talented, young, QB prospect. Perry would really have to crap the bed in fall practice to not be the Game 1 starter.
Rosier is not a senior.

Rosier is not a senior.
Watch him try to make some stupid argument instead of just taking his L.

Rosier has a certain moxy/attitude that's hard to explain in words, but it's refreshing. We haven't had that in a UM QB since possibly Brock Berlin. I'm not saying that will help him land the starting job, but I like it nonetheless.

Advertisement
Definitely coming across has it's his job to lose. Sounding like an alpha. Sorry if this was posted here elsewhere. Did not see it.

No matter what happens this year, I will always have respect for Rosier - he played a **** good game against Duke in 2015 at a time when we needed some sign of life for this program. Seems to be pretty well liked and respected by his teammates as well.

Yeah, I think him and Shirreffs both are well liked and respected by their team mates. One reason I would like to see one of them step up and seal the deal and take the starter role. If Perry comes in and wins the job, just barely, it might not be as good of a thing as people think for the locker room. We fans always want the incoming freshman QB to be the savior of the program, but guys on the team don't necessarily feel the same. Someone that has paid their dues and worked for years to get a shot is respected by their peers.

Nothing against Perry, but he's going to have to blow the doors off of the guys ahead of him to win the job, and the respect of his team mates. Kaaya never seemed to have that, no matter what people said to the media. He was gifted the starting spot when Williams went down in the spring. The older players on the team were upset Williams never got a chance to play later in the year. Kaaya just never seemed to have the team after that. He was the best QB on the roster, but something was lacking. I do not want the same thing to happen to Perry. I get it, we all think Perry is better in every way than Kaaya, but we will be better off if Rosier or Shirreffs steps up so the team can warm up to Perry for a year.

Just my two cents.

This team is mostly young guys and i dont think they care who the qb is as long as he balls. This aint golden teams.

Advertisement

Just my two cents.

This team is mostly young guys and i dont think they care who the qb is as long as he balls. This aint golden teams.

Al Golden didn't invent players respecting upperclassmen, and true freshman having to earn respect. Like I said, if Perry comes in and blows the doors off the other guys, he will earn respect. That's what he'll have to do, in my opinion. If he does that, he will indeed be balling, so we are in agreement there.

IMO, Richt is telling the truth when he says he doesn't have a clear #1 or #2 . He will start the player that gives him the best chance to win. If it's too close to call, he'll start the best upperclassman in Game 1, and work Perry in until he gets separation. And if there is no separation after FSU, he's starting Perry because he needs the reps to lead the team, not just in 2017 but thereafter.

So it's entirely on Rosier and Shirreffs to prove they are the better choice. Perry has the easiest path. He just needs to muddy the waters to earn playing time.

Advertisement
Back