Rosier went on bus with arm in a sling.

We have a couple freshman who we were rotating in at guard. Guys who are still very raw and learning on the job. We have our best RB out for the season. We have one competent blocking TE who plays a lot of snaps and is gassed most games.

And our best WR has not been 100% all season.

Let's keep everything in proper context here.

Advertisement
Here they come! I knew they'd come back. I thought they'd at least wait till we lost, but they couldn't hold it in any longer. Bury Malik, you facquits! Bury him!

Can someone name me a better first year starter than Rosier on a Playoff contender this season?

I will hang up and listen to your answers.

Advertisement
None of those guys on the list are better than Rosier. Stats or no Stats. Maybe a couple are on the same level but not better.

Im holding out hope that richt doesn’t wanna put certain plays on tape for VT and ND. Hopefully we open it up these next two weeks. However, if execution doesn’t improve it won’t matter what plays he calls

Advertisement
None of those guys on the list are better than Rosier. Stats or no Stats. Maybe a couple are on the same level but not better.

Fromm and Jackson not only are better than Rosier, they're both freshman.

I don't think so. One is helped by a better OL and better stable of backs.
The other one I am still trying to figure out. He looked good against West Virginia for the most part. Not too good against Clemson , BC, Duke, etc.
I think we will see head-to-head on Saturday and get a better idea.

Im holding out hope that richt doesn’t wanna put certain plays on tape for VT and ND. Hopefully we open it up these next two weeks. However, if execution doesn’t improve it won’t matter what plays he calls

We have not seen any trick/gadget plays yet.
Maybe we will see a reverse, or even a flee flicker this game. Something to surprise the Hokie defense that over pursues.

Advertisement
It's not the QB's job to catch the ball. Richards has dropped enough balls the last 2 games to cover a lot of WRs for a season.

2 games ago, all the WRs were dropping the ball.

It's also not the QB's job to block on run plays which our line seems to be quite poor at against every team on the schedule - including the 5th string UNC players yesterday.

Throwing with a bad shoulder= inaccuracy.

So i guess his shoulder has been hurt all season?????????????

The other one I am still trying to figure out. He looked good against West Virginia for the most part. Not too good against Clemson , BC, Duke, etc.

Roiser is just too wildly inconsistent. Hasn't changed with Walton in the backfield or Homer either. Sometimes he looks like he's an elite level QB and other times he's just terribly inaccurate.

If he put together four good quarters he'd be a top tier QB, but hasn't done it yet.

Advertisement

Roiser is just too wildly inconsistent. Hasn't changed with Walton in the backfield or Homer either. Sometimes he looks like he's an elite level QB and other times he's just terribly inaccurate.

If he put together four good quarters he'd be a top tier QB, but hasn't done it yet.

Those are different issues.
As a first year starter on a contending team I believe there is no one better. And hopefully we will see more of that this Saturday and next. Just win.

350 yds? I'll take the inconsistency.

350 does sound impressive, however that total gets a major boost from the TD throws to Thomas (78)and Herndon (51) and one long one to Barrios (48).
Love the explosiveness, but there is lack of consistency.

Those are different issues.
As a first year starter on a contending team I believe there is no one better. And hopefully we will see more of that this Saturday and next.

QB A: 149/239, 2032 yards, 62.3 Completion Percentage, 17 TD, 4 INT (67 rushing attempts, 193 rushing yards, 2 TD)
QB B: 143/252, 2071 yards, 56.7 Completion Percentage, 17 TD, 4 INT (69 rushing attempts, 211 rushing yards, 2 TD)

Who you taking?

Advertisement
Back