Rosier...say what you will

You execute the play called, check to a better play to offset the defensive scheme, or nothing there make something happen to move the chains.

So you're not even going to acknowledge the premise of my post, that there are far fewer plays available on 3rd and 7+ than there is on 3rd and 3? You can't run it for 7 yards, so there goes half the playbook, along with 1/3rd of the passing routes you can call. You don't understand that running an offense is much more difficult when the defense only has to defense only has to defend 1/3rd of the playbook?

We did not play a schedule that should have netted us a 28% conversion rate for the entire season.

Why? Because we played 7 top 50 defenses?

Blaming this on 1st or 2nd down results could be part of the problem, penalties maybe, play calling, or maybe it was the actual execution of the offense.

All these possibilities, and yet you resorted to yet another childish rant about the QB. Let me help you out. There are other people involved in executing the offense than just the QB, and those guys get to play on 1st and 2nd down too!

That's why they call it the most important position on the field. Its the qbs job to make the read, execute the play and get the results. Of course it takes other ppl to do their job as well, i was referring to the leader on the field guiding the troops down the field.

So Rosier is responsible for 10 wins, getting us into the ACCCG, and the Orange Bowl, or nah?

There are plenty of teams who are deficient running the rock(spread offenses) that manage to keep the chains moving or score with lots of big plays on 1st &2nd downs.

Almost every team in the top 50 in 3rd down conversion rate is in the top 50 in rushing the football, and almost every team in the bottom 50 on 3rd downs is also bottom 50 rushing. Some would call that a clue, but then there's you.

Im not even blaming #12 for these numbers, im just saying that was bad and that has to change.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Cut the bullshlt. You've posted 29 times and almost everyone is another shlt slinging session directed at Rosier.

3rd down on both sides of the ball warrants a major improvement and that starts with Richt, Diaz, Shaq/JJ and #12.

Wrong. It starts the same place everything else does. In the trenches. The team that can consistently control the line of scrimmage wins the game.

Advertisement
Let's face some facts here about Rosier. I'm not making excuses - just being realistic.

RSJR with very few if any QB1 reps.

2nd year in Richt's system - 1st year as a starter.

10 straight games with no bye.

Supposedly had a shoulder injury at or around the NC game.

Admitted inconsistent OL play.

I'm trying to be somewhat optimistic. Until he shyts the bed, he's the starting QB for our Hurricanes and I'm going to back him 110%.

Blast away!

So you're not even going to acknowledge the premise of my post, that there are far fewer plays available on 3rd and 7+ than there is on 3rd and 3? You can't run it for 7 yards, so there goes half the playbook, along with 1/3rd of the passing routes you can call. You don't understand that running an offense is much more difficult when the defense only has to defense only has to defend 1/3rd of the playbook?

All these possibilities, and yet you resorted to yet another childish rant about the QB. Let me help you out. There are other people involved in executing the offense than just the QB, and those guys get to play on 1st and 2nd down too!

So Rosier is responsible for 10 wins, getting us into the ACCCG, and the Orange Bowl, or nah?

Almost every team in the top 50 in 3rd down conversion rate is in the top 50 in rushing the football, and almost every team in the bottom 50 on 3rd downs is also bottom 50 rushing. Some would call that a clue, but then there's you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Cut the bullshlt. You've posted 29 times and almost everyone is another shlt slinging session directed at Rosier.

Wrong. It starts the same place everything else does. In the trenches. The team that can consistently control the line of scrimmage wins the game.
Clown, i was here when you was at post 1 with all your stat bs about this and that.eey

first of all dumbazz, i'm on here now under a different id because of password issues. i remember when you first came aboard(which wasn't that long ago) with your encyclopedia and all that stat for this and that mess defending #12. you posted 50 times a thread trying to get your post count up so you will feel important and ****. you on here throwing out post counts getting off topic because like always you don't have a clue about football.

the game is won in the trenches. you can be an effective offense, consistently moving the chains without a dominate running game. the PAC-12 does it every year along with other pass efficient offenses.

childish rant about the qb, stupid read the the title of thread before you post on it.

for the record, we didn't play 7 top defenses last season. once again you're on here throwing out numbers with no legs to stand on. 3rd an 7 is not hard to convert in the college game especially considering the competition we faced in '17. you still have at minimum 50+ plays in the book to run on 3rd and 7. this ain't peewee ball where the focus is mostly on the run game. even with our injuries, we still went into every game in the regular season with more talent, so that's not even an excuse for 28%.

it amazes me how you broke down my post to make yourself look real ignorant. ppl pay attention to who post and what they post, maybe you should put more emphasis in learning the game before you try have any input on this site. just be a quiet fan, do what you do best and read the stat sheet. it will be ok

Last edited:
Clown, i was here when you was at post 1 with all your stat bs about this and that.eey

first of all dumbazz, i'm on here now under a different id because of password issues. i remember when you first came aboard(which wasn't that long ago) with your encyclopedia and all that stat for this and that mess defending #12. you posted 50 times a thread trying to get your post count up so you will feel important and ****. you on here throwing out post counts getting off topic because like always you don't have a clue about football.

the game is won in the trenches. you can be an effective offense, consistently moving the chains without a dominate running game. the PAC-12 does it every year along with other pass efficient offenses.

childish rant about the qb, stupid read the the title of thread before you post on it.

for the record, we didn't play 7 top defenses last season. once again you're on here throwing out numbers with no legs to stand on. 3rd an 7 is not hard to convert in the college game especially considering the competition we faced in '17. even with our injuries, we still went into every game in the regular season with more talent.

it amazes me how you broke down my post to make yourself look real ignorant. ppl pay attention to who post and what they post, maybe you should put more emphasis in learning the game before you try have any input on this site. just be a quiet fan, do what you do best and read the stat sheet. it will be ok

Real funny how you dog me for stats, yet you started your bull**** by trying to pin a 28% 3rd down conversion rate solely on QB play.

That’s a stat, ya ******* moron. Don’t get all ****y at me because I can defend my argument with stats, and you can’t because you’re too ******* stupid to understand what they mean.

You right though, people do see what you post and can tell who knows what they’re talking about and who don’t. Take a peek at that little bar next to your avatar. Go to your profile and look at your positive reactions vs the negative ones.

Then look at mine.

Stupid ************ can’t even remember your password gonna @ me trying to argue football...smdh...Velcro shoe wearing ***.

My bad...it was 8 Top 50 defenses we faced.
2. Wisconsin
4. Clemson
12. VaTech
20. FSU
26. Duke
41. Notre Dame
44. GaTech
46. Virginia

Now sit down, shut the fvck up, and learn something.

Advertisement
We have the ENTIRE coaching staff telling us nobody else is even close to being ready over and over again. We also have a guy who won ten games last year, beat FSU, and was injured at the end of the season but managed to toss quite a bit of Td’s last season in route to our best season in a decade. Yet we still have the haters bashing our starter nonstop. Can we just trust the coaches and get behind Rosier?

We have the ENTIRE coaching staff telling us nobody else is even close to being ready over and over again. We also have a guy who won ten games last year, beat FSU, and was injured at the end of the season but managed to toss quite a bit of Td’s last season in route to our best season in a decade. Yet we still have the haters bashing our starter nonstop. Can we just trust the coaches and get behind Rosier?

Was it confirmed that he was hurt?

I rewatched the Wisconsin game again and I tell you what...3 of those TD grabs by them were ****ing lucky. They SHOULD have been batted down or intercepted if our CB's/Safety turned their head. I can almost bet that film from that game has been used over and over by Rumph. It could have easily been a blow out.
All season long our DBs were facing guarding receivers and they finally paid the price against Wisky. We should've won that game going away.

Hope they've learned their lesson this season.

Advertisement
View attachment 62857
That’s not even it imo, we just struggle to execute/play calling is not always the best on 3rd down: really a combination of both

At this point, I think it’s totally mental with our guys and converting 3rd downs.

I thought I read somewhere Richt was hiring a sports psychologist. Don’t know if a shrink will help but I know one thing, no Miami team should be dead last in the country in conversion %.

If we even improve to middle of the pack it should be enough for us to win every game this season.

Real funny how you dog me for stats, yet you started your bull**** by trying to pin a 28% 3rd down conversion rate solely on QB play.

That’s a stat, ya ******* moron. Don’t get all ****y at me because I can defend my argument with stats, and you can’t because you’re too ******* stupid to understand what they mean.

You right though, people do see what you post and can tell who knows what they’re talking about and who don’t. Take a peek at that little bar next to your avatar. Go to your profile and look at your positive reactions vs the negative ones.

Then look at mine.

Stupid ************ can’t even remember your password gonna @ me trying to argue football...smdh...Velcro shoe wearing ***.
*****, i dont post to see if i can get a reaction... Waste of my time. Get your post count up sissy. Im out

From the spring game to the fall Malik has thrown very few reported ints. The accuracy issues are not as important as the int issues. I think he'll be improved in both regards because it appears our OL has improved since last year. More talent more skill. Hayden Mahoney just came out of no where to play well for us.

Undefeated regular season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back