Rosier...say what you will

Donny Donowitz

Bear ***
but the guy sure can run with the football in his hands. I watched him pick up quite a few big gains, first downs, and TD's from looking back at film.
Obviously we're all worried about the accuracy, but I also believe that one major thing he needs to work on is when to pull the ball and run or hand it off. There were some times where he completely misread the defense on this.

If these two things improve just a little bit I think he will become a legit College QB threat and probably our best QB since Dorsey.

Advertisement
but the guy sure can run with the football in his hands. I watched him pick up quite a few big gains, first downs, and TD's from looking back at film.
Obviously we're all worried about the accuracy, but I also believe that one major thing he needs to work on is when to pull the ball and run or hand it off. There were some times where he completely misread the defense on this.

If these two things improve just a little bit I think he will become a legit College QB threat and probably our best QB since Dorsey.
"What you will?" - Rosier

Agreed. But I’d prefer the majority of his improvement come in accuracy as we’ll field top athletes at every skill position possible this season. Getting the ball out quickly, decisively, and accurately will allow those players opportunities to get YAC which will go a long way to improving our overall offensive stats. I’m not against him pulling the ball in and rushing, but I’d prefer he looks for targets first and foremost before doing so. There’s also the heightened risk of injury if he’s running more this year than last year, although he seems to be a pretty tough cookie. If he can get that accuracy % up into the 60’s consistently game over game, then this offense will be firing on all cylinders and extremely difficult to stop.

He threw some beautiful balls last year and others looked like my throws with my opposite arm. Was very impressed with the 3 td’s against FSU, a couple back shoulder throws against Virginia, the TD to Berrios against Duke, and the TD to Harris against Virginia.

Had some really nice runs too against VT, ND, and Virginia. If he could just improve in his decision making and accuracy I don’t see why this team doesn’t go 11-1 at worst in the regular season.

Advertisement
He threw some beautiful balls last year and others looked like my throws with my opposite arm. Was very impressed with the 3 td’s against FSU, a couple back shoulder throws against Virginia, the TD to Berrios against Duke, and the TD to Harris against Virginia.

Had some really nice runs too against VT, ND, and Virginia. If he could just improve in his decision making and accuracy I don’t see why this team doesn’t go 11-1 at worst in the regular season.

Agreed. And I think he can and will this season making 12-1 the worst we will go this year.

Had one really good run in the Wisconsin game and when we were trying to make a comeback there he delivered some absolute dimes at times in the 3rd quarter of that game

Had one really good run in the Wisconsin game and when we were trying to make a comeback there he delivered some absolute dimes at times in the 3rd quarter of that game
Right I forgot about that. I think that run was the third quarter.

Advertisement
10 in row, number 2 ranking, 1st acc title game—- he is already best QB since Ken. (I am reaching to put him over Berlin but he did have a lot of 1st round picks and the OB)

10 in row, number 2 ranking, 1st acc title game—- he is already best QB since Ken. (I am reaching to put him over Berlin but he did have a lot of 1st round picks and the OB)

By that rationale, Ken Dorsey is far superior to Jim Kelly, just because he happened to be on superior teams leading to a higher winning percentage. There are a lot of good QBs that don't win as many games, compared to some guys who happen to be along for the ride. Jalen Hurts can't complete a forward pass, is he better than the productive guys who happened to NOT play at Alabama? Miami spent a large majority of last year winning in spite of having a QB that was mediocre at best for a majority of the season. Think that over. Do you realize how bad Rosier was in regards to delivering the football? A lot of these "Epic" comebacks fans salivate over shouldn't have come down to that, because a competent QB would have been further ahead. Look at the FSU game as an example of that phenomenon. Miami should have crushed FSU, especially looking at how bad the Seminole offense was that day. Miami won despite being a one dimensional offensive team for most of the season. When you have an opportunistic defense, that works, that is until eventually the walls cave in. That's exactly what happened at the end of the season. Miami had some injuries, and Rosier's luck finally ran out. You can't consistently miss passes, be a one read QB and expect to win games on a regular basis.

We're all hoping that Rosier becomes a 60% passer, but someone that was consistently completing less than 50% of his passes most likely isn't going to get that much better in one offseason. The best one can hope for is that eventually, a better passer comes along and pushes Rosier out of the picture. If that doesn't happen, expect a lot of Travis, Lorenzo and DeeJay.

Coaches continue to rave about his improvement in decision making. That is good. But never a mention of improvement in his accuracy. Not sure what to make of that.

Advertisement
By that rationale, Ken Dorsey is far superior to Jim Kelly, just because he happened to be on superior teams leading to a higher winning percentage. There are a lot of good QBs that don't win as many games, compared to some guys who happen to be along for the ride. Jalen Hurts can't complete a forward pass, is he better than the productive guys who happened to NOT play at Alabama? Miami spent a large majority of last year winning in spite of having a QB that was mediocre at best for a majority of the season. Think that over. Do you realize how bad Rosier was in regards to delivering the football? A lot of these "Epic" comebacks fans salivate over shouldn't have come down to that, because a competent QB would have been further ahead. Look at the FSU game as an example of that phenomenon. Miami should have crushed FSU, especially looking at how bad the Seminole offense was that day. Miami won despite being a one dimensional offensive team for most of the season. When you have an opportunistic defense, that works, that is until eventually the walls cave in. That's exactly what happened at the end of the season. Miami had some injuries, and Rosier's luck finally ran out. You can't consistently miss passes, be a one read QB and expect to win games on a regular basis.

We're all hoping that Rosier becomes a 60% passer, but someone that was consistently completing less than 50% of his passes most likely isn't going to get that much better in one offseason. The best one can hope for is that eventually, a better passer comes along and pushes Rosier out of the picture. If that doesn't happen, expect a lot of Travis, Lorenzo and DeeJay.

Uh, last time I checked, our defense gave up TWO 4th quarter TD's. Rosier lead TWO game winning drives against FSU because our defense got shredded in the 4th quarter by an 160 pound freshman QB.

Coaches continue to rave about his improvement in decision making. That is good. But never a mention of improvement in his accuracy. Not sure what to make of that.

I've read/heard numerous mentions of accuracy improvement. TBD if there is truth to it

One thing I've noticed that cracks me up about him is how he gets up making the "first down" arm gesture after he runs, but he does it sort of half-assed and he ends up just sticking his arm up to the side in no particular direction (not necessarily the way we're going). He'll just stand up and make the motion, but he could be pointing backwards, or to the sideline, or any direction. Little thing but it's hilarious to me.

Advertisement
That’s My QB :p1jubcjtel7jd.jpg:
A9989251-CD80-442D-A3B0-657AE6ADA734.jpeg
A9989251-CD80-442D-A3B0-657AE6ADA734.jpegFixed it for you lol.

Advertisement
Back