Rosier...say what you will

but the guy sure can run with the football in his hands. I watched him pick up quite a few big gains, first downs, and TD's from looking back at film.
Obviously we're all worried about the accuracy, but I also believe that one major thing he needs to work on is when to pull the ball and run or hand it off. There were some times where he completely misread the defense on this.

If these two things improve just a little bit I think he will become a legit College QB threat and probably our best QB since Dorsey.
Excuse me, but you conveniently forgot to mention Kevin Olsen

Advertisement
Crazy that we were losing to VA 28-14 in the 3Q at the end of that video and then scored 30 unanswered points.
Let some people tell it the defense only saved the offense *** in some games and not the other way around.

Richt has mentioned on several occasions that Rosier is very accurate when he has a good pocket. I really believe the key to our season is the OL and they've been getting good reviews since fall camp starts.
The importance of the OL may be underestimated... we need to make a Bulldozer chain for outstanding OL play to stimulate these guys.

Advertisement
Let some people tell it the defense only saved the offense *** in some games and not the other way around.
There def were stretches last year that our defense underperformed and made opposing offenses look a lot better than they actually are (UNC, Pitt, UVA). Improvement on Manny’s calls and 3rd down stops have to improve

The importance of the OL may be underestimated... we need to make a Bulldozer chain for outstanding OL play to stimulate these guys.
So much of the discussion has been about Rosier's inaccuracy - and rightly so. But I think it's becoming obvious that if he has a good pocket, he can hit his target more often than not.

Rosier needs to improve because he definitely looks good on film but he also looks bad on some as well! He just needs to improve on his overall game as a QB..

So much of the discussion has been about Rosier's inaccuracy - and rightly so. But I think it's becoming obvious that if he has a good pocket, he can hit his target more often than not.
Yes... anybody can throw nice accurate spirals from a pretty pocket... but the mark of a high end qb is to complete passes when things get ******.

Advertisement
defense and the chain saved our anemic offense and the 3 and outs way too much last year.
We were ranked 125th in the country on 3rd down conversions, 28% on 3rd downs in 2017...wtf, no defense can sustain through an entire game or better yet a whole season. Ppl are hoping for better completion %, but if it's a bunch of check downs short of the marker then were stuck punting anyways.

Record books don't explain how a team won or lost a game.can you at least be happy we won 10 games and the coastal.when's the last time we did.been in the acc how many years before we won a spot in the acccg.I have to ask you who complain do you change into a skirt when you get home from work.

Four other guys were kind of good two — Bernie, Gino, Steve and Dennis

Gino won a national title, All American. Won multiple awards including the Heisman. Went 26-1 as a starter and is only “kind of good”? Tough Crowd

Advertisement
I think the OL did all right in pass pro last year, Now on run blocking, you have a point.
They were fine in run blocking in most games, outside the 3 they really struggled in. We just need to improve 3rd and short/3rd down situations and that’s a combination of things, play calling, execution of the play, and the physicality of the lineman all need to be improved

Gino won a national title, All American. Won multiple awards including the Heisman. Went 26-1 as a starter and is only “kind of good”? Tough Crowd

That is what happens when we get into comparing Cane greats. It was intended as tongue in cheek comment. You can easily argue Gino was greatest Cane QB. I think his older brother held the single game record for yards until Gino broke it. Steve was my favorite. He also only loss one game and it was stolen from him in south bend.

Advertisement
We were ranked 125th in the country on 3rd down conversions, 28% on 3rd downs in 2017...wtf, no defense can sustain through an entire game or better yet a whole season. Ppl are hoping for better completion %, but if it's a bunch of check downs short of the marker then were stuck punting anyways.
People love to pile the putrid 3rd down % on the QB alone. You have to go all the way back to 2011 to find a Miami team with a 3rd down conversion rate above 40%. Most years we were low 30's.

The main reason for the bad 3rd down rate, and why it was bad before Rosier was QB, and even before Kaaya, is poor performance running the ball on 1st down. When your average distance to gain on 3rd down is 7+ yards it cuts your playbook in half. People complaining about too many vert routs and not enough crossing routes, but don't realize how much the route tree becomes limited when you have to gain over 7 yards. It allows DBs to sit on certain routes, and also gives more time for the opposing d-linemen to disrupt things in the backfield.

It's been a long time since we've had a good o-line--we've had good individual performers, but not what you'd call a solid overall unit that can reliably get any significant push on traditional run downs, like 1st and 10. And 3rd down conversion rates have suffered because of it.

If you look at all the top teams in terms of 3rd down %, they have one thing in common--they run the ball well on 1st down.

People love to pile the putrid 3rd down % on the QB alone. You have to go all the way back to 2011 to find a Miami team with a 3rd down conversion rate above 40%. Most years we were low 30's.

The main reason for the bad 3rd down rate, and why it was bad before Rosier was QB, and even before Kaaya, is poor performance running the ball on 1st down. When your average distance to gain on 3rd down is 7+ yards it cuts your playbook in half. People complaining about too many vert routs and not enough crossing routes, but don't realize how much the route tree becomes limited when you have to gain over 7 yards. It allows DBs to sit on certain routes, and also gives more time for the opposing d-linemen to disrupt things in the backfield.

It's been a long time since we've had a good o-line--we've had good individual performers, but not what you'd call a solid overall unit that can reliably get any significant push on traditional run downs, like 1st and 10. And 3rd down conversion rates have suffered because of it.

If you look at all the top teams in terms of 3rd down %, they have one thing in common--they run the ball well on 1st down.
6ABBBD92-79E1-4ED1-B600-3B1FCAE044ED.jpeg

That’s not even it imo, we just struggle to execute/play calling is not always the best on 3rd down: really a combination of both

Maybe it's just me, but i thought 3rd down was the money down for a qb. You execute the play called, check to a better play to offset the defensive scheme, or nothing there make something happen to move the chains.

We did not play a schedule that should have netted us a 28% conversion rate for the entire season. Blaming this on 1st or 2nd down results could be part of the problem, penalties maybe, play calling, or maybe it was the actual execution of the offense. To your disagreement, that falls on the qb(moreso than the OC).

That's why they call it the most important position on the field. Its the qbs job to make the read, execute the play and get the results. Of course it takes other ppl to do their job as well, i was referring to the leader on the field guiding the troops down the field.

There are plenty of teams who are deficient running the rock(spread offenses) that manage to keep the chains moving or score with lots of big plays on 1st &2nd downs.

Im not even blaming #12 for these numbers, im just saying that was bad and that has to change. 3rd down on both sides of the ball warrants a major improvement and that starts with Richt, Diaz, Shaq/JJ and #12.

He's a poor QB, but apparently he's the best option on the roster to start the 2018 season.

It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back