Rosier play drove me nuts

killacane

Sophomore
We were moving the ball at will with Kaaya and on first and goal from the 8 take him out to run with Rosier. WTF was the point of that??? Maybe if we were at the 2 and struggling to move that ball.

Advertisement
Yeah, just Coley getting cute. He probably thought that he could try it since the first two drives we went through the Huskers like crap through a goose. If it works, everyone's calling him a genius. It didn't.

It was frustrating. You have a lot of momentum moving the ball down the field. What'd they do? Pull a great pocket passer out of the game, throwing off both his and the offense's rhythm, just to run a predictable play.

Very dumb.

Rosier is not quick enough for that ever to be worth breaking Kaaya's rhythm.

I don't think quickness was an issue.
It was the fact that the offense was humming and that stunt slowed everything down for no good reason.
When you're confused, you're going to look slow.
May have been better served to simply run wildcat with someone like Trayvon Gray, who had some QB experience
in high school....but even that would have been stupid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
its like if they want to sabotage their success.

Stubbornness is this staffs downfall year after year. And you know they planned that garbage before the game. Any successful coach would say "we're finally clicking on offense, lets not **** with it"

that play killed our momentum and NU started playing well after it. Coley is an idiot at times, always trying cute trick plays that don't work.

It's not a quickness issue but more of everybody in the building knew it was a qb run.

We were moving the ball at will with Kaaya and on first and goal from the 8 take him out to run with Rosier. WTF was the point of that??? Maybe if we were at the 2 and struggling to move that ball.

We threw on three straight downs. First down was simply a run. No different than Kayaa handing the ball off.

Advertisement
It isn't a bad idea...but the actual play call was way way way toooooo predictable.

We have a pure pocket passer, who rarely (if at all) runs and then a running QB comes in. Of course the running QB's gonna run! The Rosier run was not set up by any previous play call. Way way way too predictable.

There was no reason for this - every break was going Miami's way AND Brad looked great ..... - great example why this staff needs to go

Again, figure that Coley, while things were going well, wanted to give the Huskers something else to worry about. It didn't work.

Advertisement
Again, figure that Coley, while things were going well, wanted to give the Huskers something else to worry about. It didn't work.

the only person he worried is kaaya. never knowing when he'll be taken out of the game even when he's hot.

the only person he worried is kaaya. never knowing when he'll be taken out of the game even when he's hot.

i agree. I scratched my head when he did it. Just trying to understand the decision, didn't like it at the time, along with a few other decisions Coley made.

i agree. I scratched my head when he did it. Just trying to understand the decision, didn't like it at the time, along with a few other decisions Coley made.

even the broadcasters seemed to be scratching their heads lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back