Rosier play drove me nuts

It could of worked but it looks like Nebraska did their HW and the safety knew exactly what Rosier was going to do

Advertisement
Probably would have worked better if we had a QB in the game that could throw the ball - we had all the Moe in that game - you get 7 and Nebraska folds

It could of worked but it looks like Nebraska did their HW and the safety knew exactly what Rosier was going to do

It not hard to do your homework when we run that same play every single time Rosier comes into the game. That is just a stupid coaching and horrible play calling by taking out a hot Qb for one the defense know's is going to run the read option.

Advertisement
I didn't like it either. But a cool idea instead would have at least been a fake option run and then pull up for a throw since they expect him as the running qb.

You should never take your best player off the field, especially when he's shredding your opponent's defense through the air and you're in a goal-to-go situation. Rosier isn't sudden or explosive enough to be a true threat as a read-option QB anyway. It was monumentally stupid and should never be done again.

It was a classic case of Golden and co. continuing to view themselves as the smartest people in the room. Rosier should never see the field as long as Kaaya is healthy and we're not blowing out some overmatched team like Bethune Cookman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It reminded me a bit of the screen pass to Dorsey back in.....maybe 2001 which (I think) was picked off and returned for a TD.

Trying to get a bit cute and not using momentum to your advantage. The game could've been put away by half time.

Lack of a killer instinct in my opinion. Very disappointing play call....

We were moving the ball at will with Kaaya and on first and goal from the 8 take him out to run with Rosier. WTF was the point of that??? Maybe if we were at the 2 and struggling to move that ball.

Advertisement
Back