Roscoe Parrish III

Randal Hill recently made a post about his daughter graduating high school who has like a 5.0 gpa and a high sat score and wasnt accepted or was and barely qualifies for any money, so she will be going to UF and he will be a GATOR DAD. He sounded sad as **** his alma mater didnt even attempt to get her in....

Roscoe Parrish's kid will not have the money or the grades for um to walk on. He's a div 2 level talent and shouldve had those type of offers or at worse small fcs.

Advertisement
Hahaha @ dudes on here thinking/hoping that Roscoe Parrish be out there thinking cool, let me save $200k so my boy could be a walk on at UM in 10 years time.

He probably made veteran minimum for most of his career and given the spending style of most NFL players, it's likely all gone.
Your Opinion is noted!

Advertisement
I know Roscoe people, that NFL money gone. 90% of it is in the hands of strippers in Atlanta lmao. Tre isn't good enough to get a scholly here, and his grades ain't good enough nor does he have the money to walk on.

OK, so I'm just now catching on to this issue.

Some of the kids admitted for Fall 2020 might...not be coming this year. Or may defer enrollment to 2021. I was friends with a guy in Law School who had been admitted the year that Hurricane Andrew hit, and he deferred for a year.
I wonder why? The campus didn't suffer significant damage and was back up in running in two weeks time.

Randal Hill recently made a post about his daughter graduating high school who has like a 5.0 gpa and a high sat score and wasnt accepted or was and barely qualifies for any money, so she will be going to UF and he will be a GATOR DAD. He sounded sad as **** his alma mater didnt even attempt to get her in....

Roscoe Parrish's kid will not have the money or the grades for um to walk on. He's a div 2 level talent and shouldve had those type of offers or at worse small fcs.

she got in just didnt get a full ride or more money than she did which is based on your academics.

Advertisement

Not disputing anything you posted, but I find it hard to believe that Randall's daughter didn't get serious scholarship money at UM. Even 35 years ago, UM had serious money available through the traditional academic scholarships, plus they had money available through the "Golden Drum" scholarship, which was for African-American students.

Plus UM definitely gives "bonus points" to applicants who are Cane legacies. I think there was a poster who came on here recently who talked about his kid getting extra money because the kid was a legacy.

I have no idea who screwed up, and what percentage is on UM vs. what percentage is on Randall, but there is a TON of scholarship money for people with grades/SAT scores like that.

I wonder why? The campus didn't suffer significant damage and was back up in running in two weeks time.

You're kidding, right? People's houses were destroyed. I had plenty of friends in law school who were living at home with their parents. If someone was due to start law school, and then the parents' house was destroyed, I can certainly understand deferring for a year while helping the parents move to a new house and rebuild their lives.

And the campus suffered some significant damage. I rode out the storm in Pearson. Mahoney was damaged, the Orovitz Building was damaged, there was damage to Memorial and some other buildings. There was a lot of work done to repair power lines, sewer lines, and the air conditioning circuit buried underground around the campus. And a LOT of trees had to be mulched to build Mulch Mountain near the University Center.

To their credit, UM did an amazing job of the initial recovery, in order to get classes started, but it took a long time for the housing situation to recover. Three years later, I moved into a house with one of my law school classmates. His parents had been renting the house while they waited on repairs to the house they owned. Took almost 3 years for the rebuild.

Not disputing anything you posted, but I find it hard to believe that Randall's daughter didn't get serious scholarship money at UM. Even 35 years ago, UM had serious money available through the traditional academic scholarships, plus they had money available through the "Golden Drum" scholarship, which was for African-American students.

Plus UM definitely gives "bonus points" to applicants who are Cane legacies. I think there was a poster who came on here recently who talked about his kid getting extra money because the kid was a legacy.

I have no idea who screwed up, and what percentage is on UM vs. what percentage is on Randall, but there is a TON of scholarship money for people with grades/SAT scores like that.

That's fvckin' crazy. It may have been a timing issue, I know that UM tends to give out the full-ride scholarships pretty early in order to get kids to do early admissions decisions and whatnot.

Sounds like she got the Pearson (quarter-tuition, I believe). I think that other poster said he found out about the extra "UM legacy" money later in the process.

Sad to hear.

Advertisement
UM should've dug a little deeper four this young scholar. Of course, universities especially private ones are taking it in the shorts financially right now and academic scholarship money is limited ... but we talking about Randall Hill's daughter. Hill right two bee upset.

You're kidding, right? People's houses were destroyed. I had plenty of friends in law school who were living at home with their parents. If someone was due to start law school, and then the parents' house was destroyed, I can certainly understand deferring for a year while helping the parents move to a new house and rebuild their lives.

And the campus suffered some significant damage. I rode out the storm in Pearson. Mahoney was damaged, the Orovitz Building was damaged, there was damage to Memorial and some other buildings. There was a lot of work done to repair power lines, sewer lines, and the air conditioning circuit buried underground around the campus. And a LOT of trees had to be mulched to build Mulch Mountain near the University Center.

To their credit, UM did an amazing job of the initial recovery, in order to get classes started, but it took a long time for the housing situation to recover. Three years later, I moved into a house with one of my law school classmates. His parents had been renting the house while they waited on repairs to the house they owned. Took almost 3 years for the rebuild.
Of course peoples houses were destroyed. I saw it first-hand later that fall when most people returned to campus.

I'm saying that from what I saw when I returned to campus two weeks later, the UM campus itself was not severely damaged. And when I say that, I mean that entire sides of buildings were not missing. Hecht (where I was staying) was not badly damaged. I'd forgotten about Mahoney. And yes, there was quite a bit of tree damage. I remember one thing that came out of it was that we seemed to have two or three many times as palm trees that replaced the ones that were lost.

Of course peoples houses were destroyed. I saw it first-hand later that fall when most people returned to campus.

I'm saying that from what I saw when I returned to campus two weeks later, the UM campus itself was not severely damaged. And when I say that, I mean that entire sides of buildings were not missing. Hecht (where I was staying) was not badly damaged. I'd forgotten about Mahoney. And yes, there was quite a bit of tree damage. I remember one thing that came out of it was that we seemed to have two or three many times as palm trees that replaced the ones that were lost.

Yeah, I was living in the Red Roofs at the time (across from Mahoney Pearson), and we were told there would be "flooding" (our garage was in the basement, plus we were technically east of US 1, which was an evac zone). So I rode out the storm in Pearson with one of my best friends. We were stuck inside for a couple of days because of the downed power lines on campus.

The Towers were built for hurricanes. Mahoney-Pearson and Eaton were not. Eaton got lucky because it was only 4 stories tall and is more towards the center of campus, but Mahoney-Pearson were 7 stories tall and more eastward. My friend's window faced due east, we watched the thing coming towards us. There used to be a couple of big trees in the Mahoney-Pearson parking lot, they were nearly bent in half. At a certain point, they made us go out into the hallway instead of being inside next to the glass windows.

I know the guy who deferred from 1992 to 1993 was living with his parents. Funny thing is, he actually started UM Law in 1992 and withdrew and deferred to 1993. UM has a first-year class called "Elements" (one of my least favorite classes of all time) and we had the professor who co-wrote the textbook. The guy who deferred knew all the tricks this professor would pull during the first month, we were all pretty jealous of him. No joke, this professor would take THE ENTIRE FIRST MONTH to go over one case.

Advertisement
UM should've dug a little deeper four this young scholar. Of course, universities especially private ones are taking it in the shorts financially right now and academic scholarship money is limited ... but we talking about Randall Hill's daughter. Hill right two bee upset.

Like brah its randal hills daughter and she has a 5.0 1480 sat...that should be a **** shoe in. Sh*t like that is how your local base get mucked up. She becomes alumni to the state school and has kids that maybe an athlete or something down the road with no true allegiance to Um.
When iw as in high school in south florida...**** near all the teachers and admins were UF alumni or FSU alumni. They pushed that sh*t in the schools as well with their stickers and stuff everywhere in the main offices.

Like brah its randal hills daughter and she has a 5.0 1480 sat...that should be a **** shoe in. Sh*t like that is how your local base get mucked up. She becomes alumni to the state school and has kids that maybe an athlete or something down the road with no true allegiance to Um.
When iw as in high school in south florida...**** near all the teachers and admins were UF alumni or FSU alumni. They pushed that sh*t in the schools as well with their stickers and stuff everywhere in the main offices.

True. UF and F$U grind out those teachers. I never really understood how UM could continue to have a College of Education, you'd spend a crazy amount at UM and then get paid crap in the real world.

I'm telling you, there has to be a "bad timing" issue involved. There's no way in **** that a student with numbers like that couldn't pull half-tuition at UM, particularly as a legacy, and also because there is additional money for highly-qualified African-American students. Miami is a private school, they can hand out as much money as they want, but I think that this push towards early admissions decisions has skewed the academic-scholarship calendar earlier than it ever was when I applied to UM.

Im
That's fvckin' crazy. It may have been a timing issue, I know that UM tends to give out the full-ride scholarships pretty early in order to get kids to do early admissions decisions and whatnot.

Sounds like she got the Pearson (quarter-tuition, I believe). I think that other poster said he found out about the extra "UM legacy" money later in the process.

Sad to hear.

Educate me real quick bro;

Is Florida GPA’s somehow different than other places? 4.0 is straight A’s; anything above a 4.0 coupled w/ that high of a SAT is usually a shoe in for your top academic institutions across this country. What am I missing here? A 5.0 seems like an extremely high GPA. I mean 3.87 and above w that SAT should get a person a full ride academically.

She was given a partial scholarship, so she's taking the full ride to UiF. I was pretty disappointed as well.

Advertisement
Back