Roscoe Parrish III

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
I know RPIII has been mentioned on here, but I couldn't find a thread about him alone. I was just wondering if anyone had any updates on his situation? I know he had a few D1 offers but apparently reclassified to 21 and was going to play at a prep school?

Anyone know if that actually happened, and if he has had any offers? His 247 profile still has him as class of 20 and at Southridge.

Advertisement
Side note: Would be pretty cool to have him come in as a walk on. You would think his dad would have the money to make that happen but who knows.

Advertisement
Does anybody know if his dad saved his coin? His dad made some money but it wasn’t like he made 50-60 mil. Plus Roscoe would then have to meet standard academic requirements which judging by him going the prep route he won’t.

Can he run like his dad? TAKE.

1593173590935.png

Advertisement
Also just to clarify I was more just interested in whether he is still playing ball and if anyone plugged into the local HS football scene thinks he will end up playing in college, as cool as having him as a walk on would be.

Does anybody know if his dad saved his coin? His dad made some money but it wasn’t like he made 50-60 mil. Plus Roscoe would then have to meet standard academic requirements which judging by him going the prep route he won’t.

He played 8 years so hopefully he still has some left. Although he's had some legal troubles. Got arrested last year for threatening his ex girlfriend. Not sure if anything ever came of the charges though.

Advertisement
Hahaha @ dudes on here thinking/hoping that Roscoe Parrish be out there thinking cool, let me save $200k so my boy could be a walk on at UM in 10 years time.

He probably made veteran minimum for most of his career and given the spending style of most NFL players, it's likely all gone.

Would you spend $250K if he could get a scholarship?

The question is whether he can get a scholarship. He reported some G5 and FCS offers but obviously didn't take them. That could mean two things. (1) he didn't have the grades to get in; or (2) they weren't commitable offers. If it is the latter, then that would be the scenario in which he may be interest in walking on.

Thank you. And what happens if his dad pays all 4 years?

Nothing special, he just spends 300K and is never a counter or initial counter. I don't think it would be a problem to give any talented walk-on a scholarship at this point.

If you take a look at the Gaytor article about their scholarship situation, they are at 84 "recruited" scholarship players (impressive) and may not use all their IC slots due to the 85 limit (also impressive). I hate the Gaytors, and maybe they will have some upcoming issues with attrition, but they seem to be hitting their marks for now (since the 1 remaining scholarship is for Manuel, who is still not going to make it in).

Advertisement
OK, so I'm just now catching on to this issue.

Roscoe is a Class of 2020 grad? And still unsigned?

Here is what MIGHT be able to happen. Applies to UM. He is a legacy, which is good. Grades/SAT might not help as much.

Some of the kids admitted for Fall 2020 might...not be coming this year. Or may defer enrollment to 2021. I was friends with a guy in Law School who had been admitted the year that Hurricane Andrew hit, and he deferred for a year.

Parrish COULD be considered as a track athlete (think, Aunt Becky's kids rowing for the "crew" team). DO NOT give him an athletic scholarship, but DO allow him to be considered as an athlete for Admissions purposes.

See what comes his way in terms of financial aid, under the new UM financial aid regime. Father pays the balance.

Wait one year, give Parrish a football scholarship, he never counts as an IC.

It could work.

Hahaha @ dudes on here thinking/hoping that Roscoe Parrish be out there thinking cool, let me save $200k so my boy could be a walk on at UM in 10 years time.

He probably made veteran minimum for most of his career and given the spending style of most NFL players, it's likely all gone.

He played 8 years in the league and made over $15 mil... not saying he has money to spend on UM tuition but he was not making league minimum and had a relatively long NFL career.

Nothing special, he just spends 300K and is never a counter or initial counter. I don't think it would be a problem to give any talented walk-on a scholarship at this point.

If you take a look at the Gaytor article about their scholarship situation, they are at 84 "recruited" scholarship players (impressive) and may not use all their IC slots due to the 85 limit (also impressive). I hate the Gaytors, and maybe they will have some upcoming issues with attrition, but they seem to be hitting their marks for now (since the 1 remaining scholarship is for Manuel, who is still not going to make it in).
Never ever spend $300k on a degree unless you gonna g too Harvard and get a finance job after..... and even then it’s probably not worth it

Advertisement
Back