Rooster to SMU?

You're not staying on topic at all. You're just ranting into the ether and somehow turning a Knighton thread into a Gattis thread.

His numbers under Lashlee were bad. Why we are even debating this seems like a waste of time. In less snaps, Knighton performed better on a per play basis, this is factual and supported by evidence. Why didn't he play more? Well, that was all on him. Lost his job. Fumbled at a horrific rate. Wasn't putting in the work.

That's the end of the discussion...you can create some Lashlee fan fiction to spin as you see fit, but the numbers are the numbers on Knighton. Its been discussed ad nauseam. It, as well as Gattis discussion, is old at this point.

My original post stated Knighton should go somewhere else because he didn't perform that well under Lashlee. Maybe he'll perform better for Lashlee in the G5, I guess.
I responded to your post re: Knighton's production under Lashlee vs Gattis. Gattis failed to do what Lashlee was able to do. Your singular stat proves a singular thing you're using as proof of so much more. That's the beginning and the end of the argument, or at least what I responded to.

Advertisement
You're not staying on topic at all. You're just ranting into the ether and somehow turning a Knighton thread into a Gattis thread.

His numbers under Lashlee were bad. Why we are even debating this seems like a waste of time. In less snaps, Knighton performed better on a per play basis, this is factual and supported by evidence. Why didn't he play more? Well, that was all on him. Lost his job. Fumbled at a horrific rate. Wasn't putting in the work.

That's the end of the discussion...you can create some Lashlee fan fiction to spin as you see fit, but the numbers are the numbers on Knighton. Its been discussed ad nauseam. It, as well as Gattis discussion, is old at this point.

My original post stated Knighton should go somewhere else because he didn't perform that well under Lashlee. Maybe he'll perform better for Lashlee in the G5, I guess.
In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
We sucked no **** but comparing a G5 schedule to a p5 schedule albeit ACC is weak.

I don't even think it was that as much as it was smu players didn't have to learn a new system and those players obviously fit Lashlee’s scheme.

It'd be interesting to see how Rooster (or anyone else in Gattis's offense) performs under Rhett versus Gattis.
Who cares? Rooster has talent but until he can hold on to the football consistently it’s not going to show how good he is

Btw; I’m not a fan of kids, I’m a fan of who rocks this Orange & Green. It amazes me how the same fans on game day bash these kids for their fck ups while wearing our colors, be the first to wish them “good luck” at their new spot & say they’ll be rooting for them.

Unless u’re a parent or family member, that chit is weird af to me. Bash them while they're here, & root for them elsewhere? The only thing I root for is for them to make a sound decision to get picked up anywhere so they can finish their degree, b/c education is still important af to me. Other than that, the moment they leave, there’s zero ties. Either u’re a Cane or not.
Lotta folks love the “once a cane, always a cane” line. I personally can’t stand it. Either you are a cane or not.

Advertisement
Lotta folks love the “once a cane, always a cane” line. I personally can’t stand it. Either you are a cane or not.

Exactly; it’s weak af to me. I can’t think of any other blue blood school that does that. O$U got roasted for trying to claim Jameson Williams after he got drafted 1st round. It’s a weak look when u do that chit, imho.

I get relationships matter but the fact that SMU was these guys best offers most likely is pretty telling, no?
Not sure if it was best offer or offer that the players themselves are just more familiar with... Maybe they just feel with Lash they'll see the field in more prominent roles...

Advertisement
Btw; I’m not a fan of kids, I’m a fan of who rocks this Orange & Green. It amazes me how the same fans on game day bash these kids for their fck ups while wearing our colors, be the first to wish them “good luck” at their new spot & say they’ll be rooting for them.

Unless u’re a parent or family member, that chit is weird af to me. Bash them while they're here, & root for them elsewhere? The only thing I root for is for them to make a sound decision to get picked up anywhere so they can finish their degree, b/c education is still important af to me. Other than that, the moment they leave, there’s zero ties. Either u’re a Cane or not.

I get that. And I've never been a proponent of basking players, it's always the coaches' fault if they perform badly IMO. Either coach them up or find someone better than them, either way, it's on the coach.

But I also respect players for transferring out when they lose their shot at starting (unless the kid is a **** while with the program). The way I look at it, they chose Miami over everyone else coming out of high school, so they're Canes at heart. But Knighton, Roberts, et al. need to think about their futures, too. I'll root for them and Rhett at SMU.

2 ironic things in this thread that are pretty funny

1) People swearing over an over Laslee's "he only had one run play" straight up the middle was to blame for Knighton's poor production. Then Knighton transfers back into Lashlee's offense. Pretty much kills that argument

2) People still arguing Knighton's runs up the middle are to blame....when all his big runs were right up the middle. He doesn't have any big runs to the outside

Advertisement
I get that. And I've never been a proponent of basking players, it's always the coaches' fault if they perform badly IMO. Either coach them up or find someone better than them, either way, it's on the coach.

But I also respect players for transferring out when they lose their shot at starting (unless the kid is a **** while with the program). The way I look at it, they chose Miami over everyone else coming out of high school, so they're Canes at heart. But Knighton, Roberts, et al. need to think about their futures, too. I'll root for them and Rhett at SMU.

Knighton didn’t lose his shot at starting.

To each its own, & I’m not here to be any fans conscience, but this explanation to me, is not what’s up. Again, to each its own, but I don’t roll like that. If u’re not on any of my teams anymore I don’t care about u. The only player I ever cared about after not being on my squad was Michael Jordan, & that’s only b/c of how chitty he was treated by an organization that was bull chit before him & remain bull chit after him.

Knighton didn’t lose his shot at starting.

To each its own, & I’m not here to be any fans conscience, but this explanation to me, is not what’s up. Again, to each its own, but I don’t roll like that. If u’re not on any of my teams anymore I don’t care about u. The only player I ever cared about after not being on my squad was Michael Jordan, & that’s only b/c of how chitty he was treated by an organization that was bull chit before him & remain bull chit after him.

No love for Lebron even though he brought Miami 2 championships and 4 straight finals? How about Jason Taylor when he was traded away?

Good luck dog, I know he's gonna light it up in that offense and I'm always rooting for Rhett also

Advertisement
Back