Rooster to SMU?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will not be paying any attention to SMU, or these individual players, because I don't care.

If I absolutely had to guess, I'm betting against anything spectauclar from any of these transfers. They are mediocre players at best.
For real.....

Advertisement
He should go somewhere new.

Do people not realize that Knighton was a 3.9ypc back under Lashlee and a 5.4ypc back under Gattis?

5.1 yards per play under Lashlee all scrimmage yards, 5.8 yards per play under Gattis.

BUT HE WAS MORE EXPLOSIVE UNDER LASHLEE@!!!!?

2020-21, 1 game over 10 yards per play. His freshman year against Louisville.
2022 under Gattis, 3 games with over 10 yards per play - UNC, FSU, Pitt.

Shhhhh, bruhā€¦let the revisionist history live.

I believe this actually further supports the notion that Lashlee found more creative ways to utilize Knighton in space than Gattis did.

When you compare 2021 to 2022, while your yards/carry stat is highly impacted by Lashlee's overuse of IZ and the negative or "nothing" results it led to, that IZ also opened up more plays for our QBs in the RPO game, which is something your singular stat doesn't measure.

Further, Rooster had 20 receptions in 2021, while he only had 9 in 2022. He averaged 14 yards/catch in the pass game under Lashlee, while he averaged 9 yards/catch under Gattis.

The biggest stat? He had 11 TDs in 2021. He had 1 TD in 2022.
You can not find creative ways to utilize a player when they are unavailable (played 50% less snaps in 2022 v. 2021)...and that unavailability was due to the fact that he 1) lost his job 2) fumbled the ball (only 2 RBs in college football had more fumbles - and they had 50% more touches and 3x more touches respectively) and 3) may or may not have been working to the level his current coaches were requiring.

Under Lashlee in 2021, whether it was good blocking or bad blocking, Knighton was the worst returning P5 running back.

I get relationships matter but the fact that SMU was these guys best offers most likely is pretty telling, no?
How do you know that? Maybe it was the offer they wanted and didn't waste any time.

Sure seems like there's more to the story from Elijah's mom. They were nothing but supportive and decent people the entire time he was recruited and playing. No need to crap on these kids. they have handled the whole process very professionally

Advertisement
@RVACane
@Baba Yaga

While I would love to write Baba a ticket and been waiting for him to trip up with a bad joke, I think he has a reasonable take on what Lashleeā€™s tweet could mean.

traffic GIF

Please donā€™t attempt to use Gattis stats to diminish Lashlee and Rooster. Thatā€™s clearly hating if you try that. That 5.4 YPC did nothing for our offense. Line was trash this year, like it was last year. Good Luck Rooster, go destroy the AAC.

Advertisement
You can not find creative ways to utilize a player when they are unavailable (played 50% less snaps in 2022 v. 2021)...and that unavailability was due to the fact that he 1) lost his job 2) fumbled the ball (only 2 RBs in college football had more fumbles - and they had 50% more touches and 3x more touches respectively) and 3) may or may not have been working to the level his current coaches were requiring.

Under Lashlee in 2021, whether it was good blocking or bad blocking, Knighton was the worst returning P5 running back.
Yes, you can find creative ways to utilize a player regardless of their % of snaps. In a single game last year, Lashlee used whatever talents Knighton does have more creatively than Gattis did all season in 2022. So, that should put a significant dent in the availability argument.

Your claim that "Knighton was the worst returning P5 RB" is more like "Knighton was the worst at running IZ in the context of Lashlee's run game." The argument here is that he should have been used differently and there were already examples of how he could have been used. But, I can't believe we're even debating that when Gattis even made TVD look levels worse than he had previously looked.

The response to that isn't that Knighton is good or bad or that TVD was limited or not. It's that Gattis failed to utilize the bit that was at his disposal. Plainly.

Btw; Iā€™m not a fan of kids, Iā€™m a fan of who rocks this Orange & Green. It amazes me how the same fans on game day bash these kids for their fck ups while wearing our colors, be the first to wish them ā€œgood luckā€ at their new spot & say theyā€™ll be rooting for them.

Unless uā€™re a parent or family member, that chit is weird af to me. Bash them while they're here, & root for them elsewhere? The only thing I root for is for them to make a sound decision to get picked up anywhere so they can finish their degree, b/c education is still important af to me. Other than that, the moment they leave, thereā€™s zero ties. Either uā€™re a Cane or not.

Yes, you can find creative ways to utilize a player regardless of their % of snaps. In a single game last year, Lashlee used whatever talents Knighton does have more creatively than Gattis did all season in 2022. So, that should put a significant dent in the availability argument.

Your claim that "Knighton was the worst returning P5 RB" is more like "Knighton was the worst at running IZ in the context of Lashlee's run game." The argument here is that he should have been used differently and there were already examples of how he could have been used. But, I can't believe we're even debating that when Gattis even made TVD look levels worse than he had previously looked.

The response to that isn't that Knighton is good or bad or that TVD was limited or not. It's that Gattis failed to utilize the bit that was at his disposal. Plainly.

You're not staying on topic at all. You're just ranting into the ether and somehow turning a Knighton thread into a Gattis thread.

His numbers under Lashlee were bad. Why we are even debating this seems like a waste of time. In less snaps, Knighton performed better on a per play basis, this is factual and supported by evidence. Why didn't he play more? Well, that was all on him. Lost his job. Fumbled at a horrific rate. Wasn't putting in the work.

That's the end of the discussion...you can create some Lashlee fan fiction to spin as you see fit, but the numbers are the numbers on Knighton. Its been discussed ad nauseam. It, as well as Gattis discussion, is old at this point.

My original post stated Knighton should go somewhere else because he didn't perform that well under Lashlee. Maybe he'll perform better for Lashlee in the G5, I guess.

Advertisement
Back