Rooster to SMU?

He should go somewhere new.

Do people not realize that Knighton was a 3.9ypc back under Lashlee and a 5.4ypc back under Gattis?

5.1 yards per play under Lashlee all scrimmage yards, 5.8 yards per play under Gattis.

BUT HE WAS MORE EXPLOSIVE UNDER LASHLEE@!!!!?

2020-21, 1 game over 10 yards per play. His freshman year against Louisville.
2022 under Gattis, 3 games with over 10 yards per play - UNC, FSU, Pitt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ahh yes, 7-5 all over again—**** kicked in by real teams and eking out wins over average ACC foes. We had it all with Lashlee!

Good for Knighton. Tells you all you need to know if he runs to SMU and his old OC who was one-dimensional in 2021 and our fans talk about him like he was Norm Chow in 2004.

Some of y'all are literally cucked more than an actual rooster. Get some perspective and let's revisit this in 2024.
we wnet 5-7 and got thrashed by everyone on our schedule this year. get some perspective

Advertisement
I like the move. Seeing some of the stat posts are shocking considering that it appears Rooster was actually more successful under Gattis than under Lashlee...but that to me is a very rare case of where the numbers DO lie.

Assuming Gattis stays (which btw I'm siding with team insiders and say he gone) because he hasn't left yet, if Rooster had 2 choices between Gattis and Lashlee, its Lashlee and here's why:

Offense is scoring more points and that alone will give Rooster more opportunities to be on the field.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, 7-5 all over again—**** kicked in by real teams and eking out wins over average ACC foes. We had it all with Lashlee!

Good for Knighton. Tells you all you need to know if he runs to SMU and his old OC who was one-dimensional in 2021 and our fans talk about him like he was Norm Chow in 2004.

Some of y'all are literally cucked more than an actual rooster. Get some perspective and let's revisit this in 2024.

its because compared to Gattis/Mario, on offense Lashlee looks like Bill Walsh in comparison

Really good landing spot for him. If more guys head over to SMU then I have a 2nd team to root for.

He should go somewhere new.

Do people not realize that Knighton was a 3.9ypc back under Lashlee and a 5.4ypc back under Gattis?

5.1 yards per play under Lashlee all scrimmage yards, 5.8 yards per play under Gattis.

BUT HE WAS MORE EXPLOSIVE UNDER LASHLEE@!!!!?

2020-21, 1 game over 10 yards per play. His freshman year against Louisville.
2022 under Gattis, 3 games with over 10 yards per play - UNC, FSU, Pitt.
I believe this actually further supports the notion that Lashlee found more creative ways to utilize Knighton in space than Gattis did.

When you compare 2021 to 2022, while your yards/carry stat is highly impacted by Lashlee's overuse of IZ and the negative or "nothing" results it led to, that IZ also opened up more plays for our QBs in the RPO game, which is something your singular stat doesn't measure.

Further, Rooster had 20 receptions in 2021, while he only had 9 in 2022. He averaged 14 yards/catch in the pass game under Lashlee, while he averaged 9 yards/catch under Gattis.

The biggest stat? He had 11 TDs in 2021. He had 1 TD in 2022.

Advertisement
What's the over / under on Lashlee getting more out of Rooster (assuming he goes there) than Gattis?
Have no clue what you mean. But if you wanted to talk in gambling terms, Lashlee is -1200 on having a better year with him than Gattis. It’s not even worth a bet

Advertisement
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Shaqflation

Advertisement
I will not be paying any attention to SMU, or these individual players, because I don't care.

If I absolutely had to guess, I'm betting against anything spectauclar from any of these transfers. They are mediocre players at best.

Not sure y everyone thinks Lashlee is going to utilize Rooster properly, if he goes to SMU. Lol

I guess ya’ll forgot about the plethora of running up the middle w/ Rooster, leaving him w/ a sizzling 3.9 ypc as RB1. Maybe there will be more receiving packages for Knighton under Lashlee, but generally, the position groups that have thrived under him r the QBs & WRs b/c his offense is more oriented towards the pass than the run.
They didn't forget they have created a different reality where everything Lashlee did here worked. None of the actual facts or stats exist anymore.

Advertisement
Back