Rooster Highlights 2021

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's a little scary how similar Rooster is to Duke.

Smaller build, great vision, side-to-side, catching. I would say Duke has better vision and cadence, but Rooster hits the hole harder more consistently.

Seriously, we're blessed to have the most prolific high school rusher in Broward history. He's a "King" in his own right.

Advertisement
I don't see the Dalvin Cook comparisons. What I do see is an elite level college APB(All Purpose Back) who will be a staple in our Miami Spread Machine offense. Add in a healthy Don Chaney and Thad Franklin to go along with Cody Brown and whoever else we bring in 2023 and I see one of the top backfields in the nation.

That TD vs UNC on the swing pass where he split 2 defenders after juking one of them out of their jockstrap was special. He made that little stutter fake and cut at nearly full speed. I'll also bring up his catch and run TD vs FSU where he bounced off of and spun around an FSU safety then took it to the paint to put us up 28-20. Should have been the dagger but......

Cant wait to see him with another year of S&C work. Seems like he just got here so its crazy to think he is going into his Jr year and this might be his last year here. lol. A healthy Chaney and Knighton is about as lethal as you can get.

I don't see the Dalvin Cook comparisons. What I do see is an elite level college APB(All Purpose Back) who will be a staple in our Miami Spread Machine offense. Add in a healthy Don Chaney and Thad Franklin to go along with Cody Brown and whoever else we bring in 2023 and I see one of the top backfields in the nation.

That TD vs UNC on the swing pass where he split 2 defenders after juking one of them out of their jockstrap was special. He made that little stutter fake and cut at nearly full speed. I'll also bring up his catch and run TD vs FSU where he bounced off of and spun around an FSU safety then took it to the paint to put us up 28-20. Should have been the dagger but......

Chaney if healthy can be like Cook. We have two NFL backs right now, possibly three with Thad. Cannot wait to see them behind higher quality run blocking.

Advertisement
Rooster has the potential a huge year this year - but the Duke/Cook comparisons need to stop. He's been nowhere close to that level (yet).

Statistically speaking....Receiving - he's Edgerrin James. Rushing - he's Javarris James.

He's a weapon - but the running has a ways to go still. Being realistic - I'd be happy if he gets to a Travis Homer level RB.

Rooster has the potential a huge year this year - but the Duke/Cook comparisons need to stop. He's been nowhere close to that level (yet).

Statistically speaking....Receiving - he's Edgerrin James. Rushing - he's Javarris James.

He's a weapon - but the running has a ways to go still. Being realistic - I'd be happy if he gets to a Travis Homer level RB.
I’ve always said he’s a more talented version of Travis homer. Not a knock they run similar in terms of looking for contact and have speed . I want To see how he does with a better run scheme this year

Advertisement
It's a little scary how similar Rooster is to Duke.

Smaller build, great vision, side-to-side, catching. I would say Duke has better vision and cadence, but Rooster hits the hole harder more consistently.

Seriously, we're blessed to have the most prolific high school rusher in Broward history. He's a "King" in his own right.
I see a better Travis Homer.

I’ve always said he’s a more talented version of Travis homer. Not a knock they run similar in terms of looking for contact and have speed . I want To see how he does with a better run scheme this year

100%. I've felt like Knighton's ceiling is between Homer & Duke. But from what I've seen on the field, he's not there yet. Homer was better at this point.

Here's a Homer vs Knighton comparison of their rushing stats from their Sophomore years vs P5 teams.

1642000954902.png

Statistically - it's not close. I know this sounds crazy - but Charlie Jones had more explosive runs his Sophomore season than Knighton did. It's weird.

The scheme can possibly help - but Knighton needs to make some adjustments to his style. The looking for contact is a great a point, because Knighton does that way too much, especially for a 190lb RB. He's recklessly crashing into the defense A LOT - he needs to use the space he's been given more often.

In the receiving game Knighton is a terror though. He can be a nightmare matchup for defenses in the passing game.

100%. I've felt like Knighton's ceiling is between Homer & Duke. But from what I've seen on the field, he's not there yet. Homer was better at this point.

Here's a Homer vs Knighton comparison of their rushing stats from their Sophomore years vs P5 teams.

View attachment 171908

Statistically - it's not close. I know this sounds crazy - but Charlie Jones had more explosive runs his Sophomore season than Knighton did. It's weird.

The scheme can possibly help - but Knighton needs to make some adjustments to his style. The looking for contact is a great a point, because Knighton does that way too much, especially for a 190lb RB. He's recklessly crashing into the defense A LOT - he needs to use the space he's been given more often.

In the receiving game Knighton is a terror though. He can be a nightmare matchup for defenses in the passing game.
Yeah i agree with all of this. Homer by the way had an underrated career at Miami imo

View attachment 171908

In fairness to Knighton, the more comfortable he got as the season went on..the more he started to show what he can do. I wont judge him off last year. But this year I am expecting the quantum leap. I want to see the Knighton we saw his Jr year at Deerfield that made him a primetime RB.

Advertisement
Back