Rookies who have outplayed their 2014 draft position

Dont put these 2 gems on Golden lets be honest. Lets not act like Allen Hurns didnt set a single season record for receiving yards. Henderson was just a lazy dude and didnt wanna put in the work. He knows this is his last chance but his talent was always there.
well our coaching staff did an amazing job of mentoring Henderson and motivating him for game days.

The greatest motivator in life is $$$$$$

Advertisement
You guys are ridiculous. Players don't step in and make immediate impact as Rookies if they were not developed in college. This gives some credit to Golden and staff developing players. Take the blinders off. Yeah, they have benefited from an NFL offseason training camp but they don't get a shot early on if they weren't already somewhat ready. This also indicates they are physically being prepared pretty well.

Miami players are a bargain now in every draft. Thanks to poor coaching and a strength coach that went to culinary school, you can grab our guys later in the draft and then fully develop their talent.

It's a steal.

Swasey is so bad that former players that are in the NFL come to work out with him in the offseason just saying

jesus not this same old excuse......they cme back b/c its Miami......they were doing this for 15 years before this assclown Swasey got the job.

LOL thats not an excuse its a FACT.... Many of them come back to work out with Swasey.

I know it hurts because its a FACT and takes away from most of your guys arguments

Didn't Hurns have a 1,000 yards last year? Not exactly a good example to use of a player not living up to his potential or being misused.

/no I'm not defending Golden.

Do you think Hurns would have gone undrafted if we had a better team last season?

Why would an NFL scout care about how a WRs team performed?

The scouts shouldn't care about it, but it creates less exposure for the players. If you have less exposure, you have a lower chance of being drafted.

This is BAD news for the staff. This shows that our coaches hide talent not develop and properly use them

Advertisement
Didn't Hurns have a 1,000 yards last year? Not exactly a good example to use of a player not living up to his potential or being misused.

Do you think Hurns would have gone undrafted if we had a better team last season?

The scouts shouldn't care about it, but it creates less exposure for the players. If you have less exposure, you have a lower chance of being drafted.

miami has no problem with exposure at all. Ask ESPN/ABC

Dont put these 2 gems on Golden lets be honest. Lets not act like Allen Hurns didnt set a single season record for receiving yards. Henderson was just a lazy dude and didnt wanna put in the work. He knows this is his last chance but his talent was always there.
well our coaching staff did an amazing job of mentoring Henderson and motivating him for game days.

Yeah, it's Goldens fault the kid wouldn't put down the pipe.

Golden has a lot of faults, just can't think you can blame him for Seantrel.

NFL scouts are affected by the buzz around a program and are pretty f'in susceptible to buzz words and bull****. As one example, NFL scouts - even "legit" ones with decent reputations - got enamored with Morris based on pretty much everything but substance. That's not to say there aren't good NFL scouts. In fact, most of the really good ones climb quickly. But, some NFL scouts are highly biased or simply myopic in their perspectives.

Advertisement
Miami players are a bargain now in every draft. Thanks to poor coaching and a strength coach that went to culinary school, you can grab our guys later in the draft and then fully develop their talent.

It's a steal.

Swasey is so bad that former players that are in the NFL come to work out with him in the offseason just saying

jesus not this same old excuse......they cme back b/c its Miami......they were doing this for 15 years before this assclown Swasey got the job.

I can't believe people still bring that up.

This isn't just a Golden problem either. This **** has been going on for 10 years.

It's a steal.

But our OL coach has a ring on each finger. And he's the best in the business at spotting flexible achilles!

Advertisement
Flowers and Feliciano are beasts too. Somehow last year with an O-Line of 4 NFL players and a 4th year senior at Center we were unable to dominate good teams....what does that tell you?

Its not Kehoe either. The zone blocking scheme bs we were trying with Coley doesn't work. Really last season offense was just as bad as defense if not worse, they just had some explosive plays to pad the stats from NFL skill players at every ******* position.

I'm done moping about it because I think things might get better (I know...I know) but last year was a **** show

This isn't just a Golden problem either. This **** has been going on for 10 years.

Correct. It's an admin problem. Lots of people in important positions they have no business being in, lots of cronyism, neglect, and laziness. Too much worry about image and grades, no forward thinking. The result is a generation of under developed Canes. The U admin has cost a lot of talented kids a lot of money, and in some cases flat out ruined their futures.

Advertisement
Flowers and Feliciano are beasts too. Somehow last year with an O-Line of 4 NFL players and a 4th year senior at Center we were unable to dominate good teams....what does that tell you?

Its not Kehoe either. The zone blocking scheme bs we were trying with Coley doesn't work. Really last season offense was just as bad as defense if not worse, they just had some explosive plays to pad the stats from NFL skill players at every ****ing position.

I'm done moping about it because I think things might get better (I know...I know) but last year was a **** show

We're averaging 4.3 ypc on power plays, 5.8 on outside zone, 5.2 on inside zone, 4 on iso plays, 8.4 (!) on draws, and 5.5 on toss plays. But yes, please continue with the zone blocking narrative.

maybe if it were just henderson. but it was ray lewis III, olsen, AQM, and Gabe Terry also were suspended for weed. i'm probably missing some people that were also caught using it. is it crazy to think considering all of our attrition that this coaching staff isn't very effective at straightening our kids out and disciplining them?

maybe if it were just henderson. but it was ray lewis III, olsen, AQM, and Gabe Terry also were suspended for weed. i'm probably missing some people that were also caught using it. is it crazy to think considering all of our attrition that this coaching staff isn't very effective at straightening our kids out and disciplining them?

Call me crazy, but Oregon football is like one big Duck chimney. In an HBO report it was estimated that more than half the league smokes weed. Perhaps we shouldn't be so uptight about smoking pot when clearly NFL players are capable of smoking and being successful. Of course, that doesnt fit with Shalala's Notre Dame south image, or Golden's Baby Paterno vibe.

Advertisement
Back