Rookies who have outplayed their 2014 draft position

Dont put these 2 gems on Golden lets be honest. Lets not act like Allen Hurns didnt set a single season record for receiving yards. Henderson was just a lazy dude and didnt wanna put in the work. He knows this is his last chance but his talent was always there.
well our coaching staff did an amazing job of mentoring Henderson and motivating him for game days.

Yeah, it's Goldens fault the kid wouldn't put down the pipe.

Golden has a lot of faults, just can't think you can blame him for Seantrel.

maybe if it were just henderson. but it was ray lewis III, olsen, AQM, and Gabe Terry also were suspended for weed. i'm probably missing some people that were also caught using it. is it crazy to think considering all of our attrition that this coaching staff isn't very effective at straightening our kids out and disciplining them?

Call me crazy, but Oregon football is like one big Duck chimney. In an HBO report it was estimated that more than half the league smokes weed. Perhaps we shouldn't be so uptight about smoking pot when clearly NFL players are capable of smoking and being successful. Of course, that doesnt fit with Shalala's Notre Dame south image, or Golden's Baby Paterno vibe.

totally agree. i know it happens at most major programs but unfortunately we don't just sweep it under the rug in miami. which is kind of ironic considering a lot of these programs with drug issues are in bible belt towns.

Advertisement
1. Would have been nice if the article had mentioned the schools in all instances. Note that L$ U got a nod.
2. Would like to see odds on how long before Seantrell does something stupid again.
3. Beside his infatuation with SloMo, Jedd does seem to have that eye for talent .

Not winning games and not playing in (or winning) meaningful post-season games is what hurts their draft stock the most. NFL scouts are human, too. They can be swayed by "shiny packaging" just like anyone else.

Hopefully, this will help our next group of guys get drafted. We all know we have serious talent, just not at every position yet.

We'll lead the NFL in round 5-7 draft steals the next decade because these guys can't develop players for ****.

Advertisement
How anyone can pin this on the staff is ridiculous. Hurns went undrafted for some unknown reason and if you need someone to explain Henderson to you...well, you're not too bright.

Didn't Hurns have a 1,000 yards last year? Not exactly a good example to use of a player not living up to his potential or being misused.

/no I'm not defending Golden.

Do you think Hurns would have gone undrafted if we had a better team last season?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Unfortunately, since we were so up and down last year, what Hurns did went very much unnoticed and that's unfortunate. He put up 1st-2nd round draft worthy numbers, but b/c he had such a loud/quiet season playing on an underacheiving team, he got swept under the rug.

Didn't Hurns have a 1,000 yards last year? Not exactly a good example to use of a player not living up to his potential or being misused.

Do you think Hurns would have gone undrafted if we had a better team last season?

Why would an NFL scout care about how a WRs team performed?

NFL scouts are affected by the buzz around a program and are pretty f'in susceptible to buzz words and bull****. As one example, NFL scouts - even "legit" ones with decent reputations - got enamored with Morris based on pretty much everything but substance. That's not to say there aren't good NFL scouts. In fact, most of the really good ones climb quickly. But, some NFL scouts are highly biased or simply myopic in their perspectives.

This will get u noticed in season and make u fly up mocks but once the offseason comes, guys who were that overly inflated usually take a big hit. If you have talent they will find you. Hurns going undrafted didn't have a single thing to do with miami's record. Guys get picked from d-3 schools and I assure that there are no buzz about those guys. Hurns going undrafted is a mystery. I'm thinking he had a medical issue that essentially black flagged him.

Advertisement

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Unfortunately, since we were so up and down last year, what Hurns did went very much unnoticed and that's unfortunate. He put up 1st-2nd round draft worthy numbers, but b/c he had such a loud/quiet season playing on an underacheiving team, he got swept under the rug.

good point. just like khalil mack at buffalo. you just know how much exposure and success buffalo had. dumb

Advertisement
Back