Rondalle Moore opts out

Advertisement
So... are you a CFB fan... or?
I'm a CFB fan, but I'm also not a sociopath that thinks that my entertainment should come before the economic freedom of other people. I've always wanted to see college athletes own their futures, and this may be the best opportunity to ensure that happens going forward. It's shameful that the highest paid state employee in most states is a college football or basketball coach. Amazing that the meathead brigade doesn't have anything to say about that, but a guy looking out for his future, that's a problem.

Advertisement
If you could your trump supporting *** would be trying to Lynch these kids gtfo
Bro I F with the other cats on here because they have merit in they're own way. You on the other hand don't even deserve this response....
Carry on bruh. Big dogs over here.

Last edited:
I'm a CFB fan, but I'm also not a sociopath that thinks that my entertainment should come before the economic freedom of other people. I've always wanted to see college athletes own their futures, and this may be the best opportunity to ensure that happens going forward. It's shameful that the highest paid state employee in most states is a college football or basketball coach. Amazing that the meathead brigade doesn't have anything to say about that, but a guy looking out for his future, that's a problem.
Agree 100% and it’s been going on for years. Coaches making millions, Free cars, country club memberships, stadium suites etc and I’m a booster and can’t buy a player a sandwich. Had a cugina that played here in the late 80s early 90s, school and other retailers sold thousands of jerseys with his number on them, all profits to the school. Look at any of our past stars and what UM has made off their “likeness” whether it’s jerseys, video games, etc. This has happened all over college football, give the kids a piece. I certainly will never fault a kid for making a good business decision for himself and his family. Now have guys left here without consulting the advisory committee, absolutely and many have failed in making it in the league, whole different scenario. People shouldn’t hate on a kid trying to do the right thing. I wish Greg well and this is only the beginning of opt outs In college football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
not sure what you are missing here. He is a draft eligible player that projects very high in the draft. Just like every other player opting out.

I am not sure why you are unsure. Please explain it to us all.

You saiid, "It’s all players being concerned about their health and the virus. Haven’t you noticed all the freshmen, soph, and non first round picks opting..."

He doesn't fit the broad categories you identified. If you then want to scream, "He's a sophomore", OK. Not really sure how the matters. So explain it to us.

GOOD. Sick and tired of watching these young men get screwed over by the system, while **** near everyone else around them gets paid. If the NFL won't open a legit minor league, do your thing for two years in college, and then sit and prepare for the draft. It's about time that these young people realize that they are the prize, they are valuable.
You get it. You truly get it @Canedude08 . I wish others would too and just put their fandom to the side. It's time the players take matters into their own hands.

So... are you a CFB fan... or?
So you're a fan of young men being exploited by a system that makes billions off of their talent while the players get peanuts? You rather continue to watch these young men be used by the system as long as it caters to your entertainment needs? Man, miss me with that bull****. Go get paid, Randalle. Go get paid, Greg. Go get paid, Micah.

Advertisement
So you're a fan of young men being exploited by a system that makes billions off of their talent while the players get peanuts? You rather continue to watch these young men be used by the system as long as it caters to your entertainment needs? Man, miss me with that bull****. Go get paid, Randalle. Go get paid, Greg. Go get paid, Micah.
It's such a shame that they have no choice in the matter and get nothing out of it. Some colleges even make them meet academic standards, take classes, and then brand them for life as alum.

Colleges are monsters.

I am not sure why you are unsure. Please explain it to us all.

You saiid, "It’s all players being concerned about their health and the virus. Haven’t you noticed all the freshmen, soph, and non first round picks opting..."

He doesn't fit the broad categories you identified. If you then want to scream, "He's a sophomore", OK. Not really sure how the matters. So explain it to us.
I will explain it. My post was sarcasm. The only players opting out are players that are going high in next years draft. They are using this as an excuse to not have to play and not get knocked by NFL teams like if they had just sat out a year of college. That’s why no fresh, soph, or jags are announcing they are opting out because it’s not really about health.

that’s why I put “oh wait” at the bottom.

It's such a shame that they have no choice in the matter and get nothing out of it. Some colleges even make them meet academic standards, take classes, and then brand them for life as alum.

Colleges are monsters.
I never said the schools or colleges are monsters. I never said the kids get nothing out of it. But what they do get is peanuts compared to they're producing for others to benefit and profit from. The system (NCAA) is the monster.

If you can't see that, then you're just as bad as the system that uses the student athlete.

Advertisement
I never said the schools or colleges are monsters. I never said the kids get nothing out of it. But what they do get is peanuts compared to they're producing for others to benefit and profit from. The system (NCAA) is the monster.

If you can't see that, then you're just as bad as the system that uses the student athlete.
The system isn't making billions. There are no dates on these links, so the info may be old, but UM clears ~$200k from athletics and football has ~$5.3 million profit. That money gets put back into the overall athletics program. Do you not see the value of a college education, room and board, meals, fitness, and a stipend?

Did you pay for your education? Did you live on campus? Did you work while doing so?

Advertisement
Back