Ronald Delancey got his offer

Advertisement
It's because sfla hates UM and our program has been toxic for ages already. We don't offer houses bags none of that and in kids and families minds that is the definition of being taken care of. That's why this happens to us

Sfla in general is toxic.

From the hs coaches with their hands out using kids, the handlers and all the bs politics.

But up here in the northern part of the state UF and FSU offer kids the last couple weeks and the kids jump. Even though other schools have been on them months or years. Why’s that ? And they don’t apologize and the kids aren’t ripping them in the media for offering late, even though there’s been no contact. Why’s that ?

Darius Washington ring a bell ?

Funny how that works.

But Sfla kids are the same as kids everywhere else, I’ll buy a lot of bs but not that .
You know why UF & FSU can get kids from the local region a lot easier than we can...

And if South Fla kids are so bad & so awful then why don't we just stop recruiting them altogether? They're the worst on Earth, the biggest divas, soft, overrated, clowns, entitled, thugs & everything that's bad but yet we keep offering & recruting them... Why not just abandon South Fla completely & get an entire class full of OOS kids?

They are divas but there the best at football period. And not all are divas u just have to get them to sign that's it

Advertisement
Double standards? Bihhh one school is in the same **** city while the other is in a whole other state. 😂

Doesn’t matter. Attention is attention and a late offer is a late offer. In today’s sports world every school knows who’s these guys are. It’s not like years past when only the local schools knew of these guys. You can be 5 minutes away or states away. For every kid like Delancy who wants the hometown offer 3 others couldn’t care less about the hometown team.

You know why UF & FSU can get kids from the local region a lot easier than we can...

And if South Fla kids are so bad & so awful then why don't we just stop recruiting them altogether? They're the worst on Earth, the biggest divas, soft, overrated, clowns, entitled, thugs & everything that's bad but yet we keep offering & recruting them... Why not just abandon South Fla completely & get an entire class full of OOS kids?

Lol at FSU and UF buying the Darius Washington’s of the world., I hope that’s not what you’re insinuating. That’s just one example of god knows how many that didn’t hold a grudge and was just happy the home team offered. Three star and low four stars aren’t getting bought Just read the board when we are after a three star or low 4 star recruit from say Wakulla , Madison county or Pensacola. Everyone says “ no chance “. Why? They know that kids staying home.

South Florida is just different and way more difficult to deal with in recruiting. The politics of kissing said coaches *** enough, dealing with handler , not offering early enough , a month too late etc. Even the low rated kids think they’re highly recruited kids even though their offers say different.

It’s unlike anywhere else , I’m not saying to stop recruiting down there but it would be disingenuous to say it’s not difficult. Especially in 2019 when everyone thinks they’re a superstar.

There’s advantages to being located there but there’s a bunch of disadvantages too.

People just ignore the disadvantages.

This is a kid thst will be all up in his feel feels and go to Nebraska cause he was “disrespected”. In 2-3 years he will transfer to FAU after winning a total of 7 games while at Nebraska.

Maybe The coaches and community should teach these kids to take their emotion out of a business decision. You know maybe give them some good advice that will actually get them somewhere in life
How did you come to this conclusion? Y’all just want this kids to blindly commit when we haven’t proven to keep our end of the bargain. Why don’t we tell the coaches to actually recruit and get to work. The kid hadn’t signed yet. Just go to work and change his perception of the program.

Lol I'm not arguing this...If you don't think a 17-18 year old kid who is working out and getting ready for college, even if he is at a public school...Can gain15 lbs? I don't know what to tell you
Exactly I gained 40 pounds during my junior playing ball. After my HS coaches introduced us to a weight training regimen 5 days a week. I went from 5’10 150 to 6’1 190. Now I grew as well but 15 pounds isn’t much for a kid who goes through spring ball, summer ball and fall. Plus the kid isn’t talking tough. I don’t know where the op got that from.

Advertisement
Miami offers now - bunch of ******* azzholes

UGA offers later than Miami - commit on the spot

Typical S Fl mindset
Hmm let's see go to a team who just lost to fiu and has been a wreck for the last 2 years along with barely being bowl eligible or go to a team who is on the verge of going to the playoffs and has a chance to go to the national championship

Miami offers now - bunch of ******* azzholes

UGA offers later than Miami - commit on the spot

Typical S Fl mindset
Same as this website....teams wins three In a row to bum squads trending up forget about to gt loss. If we beat Duke and bowl game Diaz is the greatest

Last edited:
These late offers at DB...I'll say this...they clearly need DBs that can come up and tackle. Everyone they are offering this late or are in line to get commitments from are all guys that can come up and tackle you. Harrell, Brown, and Delancey can all come up and lay the hammer.

If you love Rumph and Banda, these are the types you should think are good value prospects...because they can be cleaned up and become starters and contributors for you if they get the coaching.

Advertisement
Same as this website....teams wins three In a row to bum squads trending up forget about to get loss. If we beat Duke and bowl game Diaz is the greatest
The sad part is I can already see it now people will be making threads saying Diaz has turned it around and how we should be optimistic about next season. It really is a terrible cycle being a Miami fan.

When he was on campus he was visiting with his teammates, the staff wasn't focused on him, more so other players that were there. they didn't establish a relationship with him he was just there with about 8-9 other kids. In order to establish a relationship you have to continue to have contact, if you visit in Feb/March & then you don't get a call or a text or any form of communication for 9 months straight how strong is that bond gonna be versus other coaches who call you everyday? And what does Redwine have to do with Delancy? Are all kids supposed to react like Redwine?

And the CB's that we missed on, Daran Branch (who decommitted), Keshawn Lawrence (who they recruited as a CB even though he's a Safety), Brian George, Jahquez Robinson, Fred Davis, Justin Hodges & they also lost Francois twice even thou they want him at FS but he's a CB.

The only point I'm making is, why do people have such a problem with him saying what he feels about his recruitment if the staff had no intention of offering him until now? All he's doing is handling his recruitment the way he's sees best, he hasn't played any games or said anything bad about Miami because he wasn't even on our radar until yesterday & people are acting like he needs to commit now or else lol
Do you think we waited because he’s ranked as the 129th best corner in the nation and we had others rated ahead?

Hmm let's see go to a team who just lost to fiu and has been a wreck for the last 2 years along with barely being bowl eligible or go to a team who is on the verge of going to the playoffs and has a chance to go to the national championship
Only one problem. Georgia ain’t offering

Advertisement
Who cares what the records of the teams offering him are? You’re either offended by a late offer or you’re not.

Do you think we waited because he’s ranked as the 129th best corner in the nation and we had others rated ahead?
Justin Hodges is ranked 141st & Davonte Brown is ranked 193rd, both were offered before Delancy, if they cared how low he's ranked they wouldn't have offered in the first place.

They didn't wait, they simply weren't going to offer because he wasn't a take for them until as recent as this week.

I have no problem with that if that's how their evals shaked out, but they made sure they let him know they were sorry for waiting so long to offer him, which means they clearly feel it was necessary to let him know they should have earlier in the year. Why exactly? Either because they really want him or because they don't have many other options available are the only two scenarios that make sense, because if they didn't like his film & didn't feel he was a take for 9 months they would have nothing to apologize for.

Last edited:
Exactly I gained 40 pounds during my junior playing ball. After my HS coaches introduced us to a weight training regimen 5 days a week. I went from 5’10 150 to 6’1 190. Now I grew as well but 15 pounds isn’t much for a kid who goes through spring ball, summer ball and fall. Plus the kid isn’t talking tough. I don’t know where the op got that from.

I gained 42 pounds my freshman and sophomore years in college lifting weights and eating in a college dining hall vs HS cafeteria food and 1 home cooked meal a day. I played football and worked out in HS but our weight program was ****.

It can be done for kids who really didn’t eat right or lift seriously in HS.....or those who are late bloomers physically, which many are. For the kids who did max out in HS either physically or through weight training, or those kids already in a college program for a few years? It’s hard to gain anything more than 5-10 pounds of lean muscle weight a year. Eventually the body plateaus.

Advertisement
Back