Ron Turner Out At FIU

Advertisement
[TWEET]780115537783234561[/TWEET]
Lol

LOL for sure!
But would like to see it.
Keeps a pretty good soFla recruiter away from working at a P5 staff, and he would hire
some of our former UM players.

But like I said, if they were smart they would hire a spread coach, in particular a Mike Leach
disciple.

There's a zero percent chance Manny Diaz would even take their call.

DC at Miami is pretty much his dream job, unless he gets offered the HC position here after Richt's done

Advertisement
I love Butch, but he true magic is with THE U. He cannot do at FIU what he could have done here. That said, I don't want him this close to our recruiting base with another axe to grind for not getting the job. I think it would be interesting for him at LSU. I doubt they hire him but it would not be a good day for Saban if they did. Imagine the talent he gout get with the LSU bagmen.

I love Butch, but he true magic is with THE U. He cannot do at FIU what he could have done here. That said, I don't want him this close to our recruiting base with another axe to grind for not getting the job. I think it would be interesting for him at LSU. I doubt they hire him but it would not be a good day for Saban if they did. Imagine the talent he gout get with the LSU bagmen.

That's one reason FIU might seek out Butch. They know he can recruit. They probably don't give a rat's *** what happened with the UNC Bagman, and they know he has a grudge against the people at the Hecht.

Butch would be recruiting in the neighborhoods like a zombie just to prove a point.

Don't get me wrong, Richt and UM would get the best kids, but we'd lose some to Butch who would promise them starting jobs. Not everyone can start at UM.

Lester Miles is available. He can mismanage the clock and recruit sucky QBs at FIU. FIU is at best an FCS program.

Advertisement
Lol @ FIU hiring some old guy. If they want any type of success at all, they need to hop on the gimmick train ASAP. They need an air raid/spread wunderkind. Guys like Ron Turner trying to run pro sets with multiple tight ends at a school where the only legit talent you'll be able to attract is skill positions. GTFOH. UCF is lightyears ahead of FIU and the thing that kept holding them back under O'Leary was that he was insistent on running a pro style offense despite not being able to attract the linemen necessary to be a power running team. They had a few explosive years with Blake Bortles but otherwise their offense was always pedestrian. Now they've hired Scott Frost and he's already won two more games than they did all of last season playing a bunch of underclassmen in the Chip Kelly offense he brought from Oregon. Small schools need gimmicky offenses to compete.

Lol @ FIU hiring some old guy. If they want any type of success at all, they need to hop on the gimmick train ASAP. They need an air raid/spread wunderkind. Guys like Ron Turner trying to run pro sets with multiple tight ends at a school where the only legit talent you'll be able to attract is skill positions. GTFOH. UCF is lightyears ahead of FIU and the thing that kept holding them back under O'Leary was that he was insistent on running a pro style offense despite not being able to attract the linemen necessary to be a power running team. They had a few explosive years with Blake Bortles but otherwise their offense was always pedestrian. Now they've hired Scott Frost and he's already won two more games than they did all of last season playing a bunch of underclassmen in the Chip Kelly offense he brought from Oregon. Small schools need gimmicky offenses to compete.

THIS ^^^

[TWEET]780098346279067648[/TWEET]
Lol

Won't be at all shocked to see Coley take the FIU job.

That's probably a good fit for him and them. It's doubtful he'll ever win enough to get hired away from there, and he'll likely recruit well enough to be competitive and entertaining.

Advertisement
Coley has a good eye for QBs. That alone with a competent OC can win in the sunbelt.

Advertisement
I would like to see Larry Scott get a look at that position. I think he did an admirable job as the interim HC here! James Coley would be a good fit, but if Randy Shannon wants to get back into being a HC, this is the time to do it!

Advertisement
Back