Ron Turner Out At FIU

Advertisement
There's a zero percent chance Manny Diaz would even take their call.

DC at Miami is pretty much his dream job, unless he gets offered the HC position here after Richt's done

Think he's counting on that happening. Perfect situation for him: Home Boy makes good. For the same reason, I see James Coley taking the FIU job.

There's a zero percent chance Manny Diaz would even take their call.

DC at Miami is pretty much his dream job, unless he gets offered the HC position here after Richt's done

Think he's counting on that happening. Perfect situation for him: Home Boy makes good. For the same reason, I see James Coley taking the FIU job.
If he kills it here and is happy to stay as the DC for 5-10 years before richt retires then let's hope

Richt has been through a few defensive coordinators and that's usually his down fall so hopefully Manny is different

Advertisement
FIU doesn't even have practice fields. What coach is actually going to take that job other than a dinasour like Turner. Early retire to while making 500k a year.

the cuban connection is the reason FIU never even got a shot at being decent. Pete Garcia has been a cancer but the guy just got extended till 2018. The year before we kill them.

Sarkisian. His coworker Mario Cristobal can write the letter of recommendation.

I love Butch, but he true magic is with THE U. He cannot do at FIU what he could have done here. That said, I don't want him this close to our recruiting base with another axe to grind for not getting the job. I think it would be interesting for him at LSU. I doubt they hire him but it would not be a good day for Saban if they did. Imagine the talent he gout get with the LSU bagmen.

That's one reason FIU might seek out Butch. They know he can recruit. They probably don't give a rat's *** what happened with the UNC Bagman, and they know he has a grudge against the people at the Hecht.

Butch would be recruiting in the neighborhoods like a zombie just to prove a point.

Don't get me wrong, Richt and UM would get the best kids, but we'd lose some to Butch who would promise them starting jobs. Not everyone can start at UM.

Miami kids dont view FIU positively. Miami football wouldnt lose 1 kid to FIU

Butch would be way more of a threat at LSU.

Butch ain't getting the lsu job no way in ****. That's a premier job, the guy has too much baggage and in his 60's. Maybe five or ten years ago but no way lsu hires a temporary fix

Diaz won't go to FIU. These jobs are cemeteries for head coaches. They have an even higher firing rate than Power 5 jobs do.

Advertisement
Butch ain't getting the lsu job no way in ****. That's a premier job, the guy has too much baggage and in his 60's. Maybe five or ten years ago but no way lsu hires a temporary fix

Agreed. Even if it weren't for the UNC scandal Butch would be too old to get consideration from a Power 5 school.

Advertisement
Back