Ron Dugans

It was pretty atrocious tonight. Perry was bad all by himself. But you can't have 6-8 dropped balls and not be affected by it. Perry should have been 12 for 24 for 200 yards, not 6 fo 25 for 52, and we probably beat Pitt by another 2 scores. Still wouldn't have been a great day for Perry, but wouldn't have left such a bad taste in our mouth.

I love Richt as our HC. But this game was the nail in the coffin of his experiment as OC with Junior as the the QB coach. Time for wholesale change.

Advertisement
It was pretty atrocious tonight. Perry was bad all by himself. But you can't have 6-8 dropped balls and not be affected by it. Perry should have been 12 for 24 for 200 yards, not 6 fo 25 for 52, and we probably beat Pitt by another 2 scores. Still wouldn't have been a great day for Perry, but wouldn't have left such a bad taste in our mouth.

I love Richt as our HC. But this game was the nail in the coffin of his experiment as OC with Junior as the the QB coach. Time for wholesale change.

This game was the nail in the coffin? UVA for me.

I know everyone loves Dugans but why does he continue to get a free pass? Our WR unit is an absolute abomination. Not that it will happen but I wouldn’t be sad if Richt cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
This game was the nail in the coffin? UVA for me.

Even before that for me. But if the offense had bounced back and played well this game, I believe Richt would have tried to argue with James that it was lack of personnel, not scheme and playcalling. Even he can't ignore how badly his unit was playing. He needs to fire himself as OC.

Since Pope was complaining about not catching balls, I made a conscious effort to watch him and he was being covered like a blanket

For God's sake when can we lay the blame on the **** Wrs? They've all played most of their lives. Catch it!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

You can improve your catching ability, but it's mostly a gift you're born with. It's hand to eye coordination first and foremost. After that, it's focus and the ability to process the other things around you while maintaining that focus. You have to see the ball in and the greats can do that before the ball gets there as they start their after the catch motion.

Cager, people like to talk about his hands. His hands are plenty big to catch anything thrown his way. His hands are bigger than plenty of small wideouts we've had. His issue is what I said above. People always trying to call other bs out.

Advertisement
How is it the WR coach fault the players don’t catch when the ball hits them in the hands.

It is his fault when those said players continue to get snaps. I don’t care how good you are if you can’t catch. I’m giving your reps to somebody else who actually catches the ball.
Must also be Richts fault! Stupid post!

Every drop isn’t on the WRs sometimes it’s a bad pass and if they touch it, it’s a “drop” regardless. QBs need to do a better job of ball placement and WRs need to do a better job of catching... it’s all a process the offense will be much better from the experienced gained this season.

Advertisement
Agree on Williams. Ridiculous the kid didn't get on the field at the end.

Why does it matter if Jarren gets on the field? He’ll have the spring to earn the job getting on the field yesterday for maybe two passes and the rest hand offs to the rb wouldn’t have done **** in terms of his development

Advertisement
Dugans is the least of the problems. The WR position was solid in 16 and 17. This year, not so much. Hopefully he can get them going again in 19 and the O overall...bigger issue is the OL play...atrocious and big need for major talent overhaul.

How is it the WR coach fault the players don’t catch when the ball hits them in the hands.

It is his fault when those said players continue to get snaps. I don’t care how good you are if you can’t catch. I’m giving your reps to somebody else who actually catches the ball.
If one player gets the drops, the player has issues. If ALL the players get the drops, it’s fair to look at coaching.

So... u love richt as HC even tho he’s completely Fvcked up 2 out 3 phases of the game?

Guess I’m missing skmsthing

Advertisement
Back