Ron Dugans

Dugans is very low on the list of problems here.

The WR Room is just a bad mix of kids. Yes, Dugans chose most - if not all - of them, but this seems like a bad mix of players. They are all incredibly soft...both physically and mentally.

Wouldn't shock me if what brooklyndee said over the year is not only incredibly true, but there is an exodus of players and its met with very little resistance by the staff and team.

Also explains why Haselwood is so interested in Miami. Besides probably getting paid...probably knows he is probably a starter next year if he shows up.

Advertisement
He's a dominant recruiter. For that, I'll overlook his underachieving WR group. But next year some cats need to be shown the door or improve their pass catching abilities (yes, I'm looking at you Cager and Wiggins).

Not losing sleep if any of these WRs transfer. Bunch of soft entitled primadonas

As for Dugans, long as he gets Haselwood, I'll give him a pass. But don't get it twisted, ultimately this falls on him. Even if you don't want to blame him for the drops, he recruited a majority of the guys (besides Cager and Langham). And besides a few, it seems like he either can't manage them or they are cancers that ruined team chemistry

But again, that falls on him for picking bad character guys if that is the case

Advertisement
"UM entered the game with astounding 31 dropped passes, per Herald correspondent Daniel Gould, and Lawrence Cager, Darrell Langham, Dee Wiggins, Mike Harley Jr. and Evidence Njoku all dropped passes."
Dugans is done with Richt too and stopped giving a schit. Richt is the epitome of demoralizing!!! It's like having a guy with Alzheimer's be your boss. You are bound to get frustrated at some point to the point where it affects your job performance. Same happened with every coach post-Butch.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the dropped passes are a for sure eyebrow raiser and quantifiable, I rarely blame position coaches when the broader system is clearly rotten. The stink finds its way into everything. Remember when all of our defenders under D'Onofrio were "garbage?" DL couldn't make a play?

Advertisement
Dugans gets a pass this year cuz the QBs sucked and Richards was hurt and Thomas left. If he gets Haselwood and Jones I’ll be extremely happy. Next year tho if improvements aren’t made I won’t be happy. The drops need to stop now and the *****ing from guys like Pope and Ezzard needs to stop.

Love Dugans, but his group has underperformed

Agreed. They did a poor job of getting separation (save for thomas) and route running when they went up against physical dbs (see LSU). They were made worse by poor QB play the entire year.

Wish we would have gotten the ball to Pope more to see what he’s got. Also wish JW would’ve gotten the last series or two

Advertisement
If anybody is blaming coach dugans, i got some good advice for you, head to rehab!

It’s the coaches job to correct the problem. Hankerson had to get outside help bc the coaches weren’t helping.

You also can’t keep trotting out WRs who drop every **** pass.

Cager and Wiggins need to ride the pine for a game or 2

Advertisement
If it was just one or two dudes I would blame the player but it’s like the whole group can’t catch and the one dude who could got kicked off and the two te who can catch aren’t coached by him

It’s the coaches job to correct the problem. Hankerson had to get outside help bc the coaches weren’t helping.

You also can’t keep trotting out WRs who drop every **** pass.

Cager and Wiggins need to ride the pine for a game or 2

You have no choice but to play guys who at least can execute a game plan by knowing the playbool, those young receivers have to step their game up, just like perry is finally trying to do, its not about who has the most talent, its about who can execute what's called at a high level. The young guns can complain all they want, now this game, they can see the film and they was or couldnt get open.

Miami's WRs have awful technique besides blocking. They don't know how to read coverage, run routes or catch the ball.

How does Dugans get a pass when his group isn't developing at a position that's all about technique?

Fans love to **** on these receivers but let's see what happens when most of them get real position coaching and a functional scheme at the next level.

Advertisement
Back