Ron Burton should be considered as Miami's next Dline Coach

Paranos

All-ACC
With Mark D'Antonio most likely retiring at MSU at the end of the 2019 season, Miami should make a run at Dline Coach Ron Burton he is one of the best in the business.

Which allow Coach Stroud to fade into his originally intended role as an off the field football operations position.

Coach Burton coaches an attacking front, is an excellent talent Evaluator and will pimp slap Baker if calls some bull **** defensive front. He annually puts players in the NFL.

Both baker and coach Diaz could benefit from Coach Burton's experience. Burton currently makes $426k so offer him $450k (Florida has no state income tax and lower property taxes so that's worth roughly an additional 8% back in his pocket)

Go Canes

I love a dline coach who needs a oh crap Assistant to prevent him from choking a dumb bad reporter. Notice the assistant behind coach Burton.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop being short sided look at the whole season as a body of work.

How many passes defended does our best D-End have on the season? Go dig up those shameful stats.

Go Canes

Not being short sided but the best is a head of us just look at the oline progress for example.

Advertisement
He’s a great coach. They also have a good eye for LB’s although those guys never have the measurables for the NFL

Offensive blocked it's best all year, best game for Jarren, and the defense
I certainly agree that the team is improving but Diaz still needs to upgrade this staff. Coach Stroud has turned it around this year but is he the best option for us moving forward? I think if we have an opportunity to pounce on a DL coach like Burton or K.Patrick then you do it.

I certainly agree that the team is improving but Diaz still needs to upgrade this staff. Coach Stroud has turned it around this year but is he the best option for us moving forward? I think if we have an opportunity to pounce on a DL coach like Burton or K.Patrick then you do it.

Strouds a teacher his product will recruit itself to the U. The defensive lineman love him. Cant swap that to go after another coach unless Stroud wants to leave. Dont mess up chemistry unless it's because of something that can potential destroy the team and Stroud is not that guy who destroys young men he lifts them up and gets the best out of them(#96 and #93) are playing their best ever.
Look at our receivers today compared to FSUs and see the difference in coaching. The guy we had before compared to guy we have now.

Advertisement
Strouds a teacher his product will recruit itself to the U. The defensive lineman love him. Cant swap that to go after another coach unless Stroud wants to leave. Dont mess up chemistry unless it's because of something that can potential destroy the team and Stroud is not that guy who destroys young men he lifts them up and gets the best out of them(#96 and #93) are playing their best ever.
Look at our receivers today compared to FSUs and see the difference in coaching. The guy we had before compared to guy we have now.
Those are all fair points. It's very possible that we got a bargain with Stroud at DL coach. He's experienced for sure. Also the play of this front 4 has steadily improved all season which is a great sign. Another thing that stands out to me is that were seeing great individual development across the entire DL. The interior of Ford, Miller and & are getting better every week while Godzilla(Greg Rousseau) is picking up LTs with one hand while grabbing QB'S with the other and flinging them around. You very well could be right. He has done a fine job of turning things around.

Those are all fair points. It's very possible that we got a bargain with Stroud at DL coach. He's experienced for sure. Also the play of this front 4 has steadily improved all season which is a great sign. Another thing that stands out to me is that were seeing great individual development across the entire DL. The interior of Ford, Miller and & are getting better every week while Godzilla(Greg Rousseau) is picking up LTs with one hand while grabbing QB'S with the other and flinging them around. You very well could be right. He has done a fine job of turning things around.

With a new coach like Stroud, Baker, Enos, Stubblefid things take time. Unfortunately for us we dont have a veteran team so we're at this place were at for a number of reasons but one thing I notice about Diaz he picked teachers, developers instead of stud recruiters. I think that's smart. Look at Nelson today compared to week 1 for example. I like the staff these are the kind of coaches who take a guy like Nelson and Clark and mold them into solid players future draft picks. Instead of coaches who have to have the superior talent out of high school. Just watch once this team has a two deep on both sides team will be getting destroyed by us. This will happen sooner than people think.

The fact that Stroud had arguably the best DLineman in the nation sitting kn the bench says enough for me. And watching how lax our DL was at the beginning of the year was just hurtful!

Diaz needs to understand that he will NEVER been successful as HC if he constantly has to do his asst coaches jobs.

I'm hopefully Manny (and Blake James) feel the pressure enough to make necessary changes with the coaching staff. No more learning on the job at UM. Hire real coaches or get use to seeing banners calling for your job season after season

Advertisement
With a new coach like Stroud, Baker, Enos, Stubblefid things take time. Unfortunately for us we dont have a veteran team so we're at this place were at for a number of reasons but one thing I notice about Diaz he picked teachers, developers instead of stud recruiters. I think that's smart. Look at Nelson today compared to week 1 for example. I like the staff these are the kind of coaches who take a guy like Nelson and Clark and mold them into solid players future draft picks. Instead of coaches who have to have the superior talent out of high school. Just watch once this team has a two deep on both sides team will be getting destroyed by us. This will happen sooner than people think.

Some good points there and I agree with the assessment that Diaz picked teachers. Having teachers is great but if we want to go all the way with this thing we need stud recruiters as well and this staff is lacking in that department. Those two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive as there are many good coaches out there who also excel at recruiting.

Regardless, the staff needs better recruiters in order to run this program anywhere near it's potential and I can't emphasize that enough. Another thing missing from this staff is experience. Sure you have some coaches like Stroud who have been around but overall this staff needs to be upgraded. That doesn't mean that everyone has to go. What it does mean is that Diaz needs to constantly be thinking about how he can improve the staff and the overall functions of the program in general. If he has a chance to upgrade a position coach then he needs to do it.

For example I think Baker needs to go. It's not exactly a secret that the defense has improved by leaps and bounds ever since Diaz took over. The difference is staggering. Nothing personal against Baker but he is in over his head at this level and it's not hard to see. Enos is another one of our coaches who has a good amount of experience but the position coaches he brought in from his days at CMU have not accomplished much of anything on their own and not one of them is the type of offensive assistant that is on the rise and capable of taking over for Enos. I love that Diaz and staff have shown the guts, determination and mental toughness that was needed to win 2 games on the road as underdogs after losing to GT and falling to 3-4. We have a real opportunity to finish the season at 8-4 then win our Bowl game. If that does end up happening I just want to know that with basically everybody coming back next year that we have the best possible staff in place to make the type of run that we should make.

Lol. OuR LiNE sUcKs

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1572770720970.jpg
    FB_IMG_1572770720970.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 59

The defense was a well oiled machine after last year so nothing should take time on that side of the ball.

Burton is head and shoulders above in all aspects of coaching and recruiting. If he is available Miami should go get him. Burton's defensive lines have been one of the consistent national leaders in Havoc Rates since it has been in use as a metric for judging defensive effectiveness. Mean while Stroud's Akron defensive were no where to found.

You say you can appreciate a teacher and developer of talent, well here you go. Oh an his players were recent draftees not from decades ago.

Go Canes

PS: I still believe and want Kevin Patrick as the home run higher as dline coach.

Advertisement
Back