Ron Burton should be considered as Miami's next Dline Coach

I dot get your people. Our dL is playing well and we you want replace the guy? The kids like him and imagine production if they actually called holding.

side note, enos was believed to be a fav To take the MSU job before this season. However that has probably changed.

Advertisement
There's no one to promote in the dline coaching room. Not to mention for Manny's scheme to be successful it needs a quality dline coach.

Go Canes
Theres some young bucks working with the D Line as assistants.

That is where Manny will look for Strouds eventual successor (whenever that may be).

Theres some young bucks working with the D Line as assistants.

That is where Manny will look for Strouds eventual successor (whenever that may be).

UM is not where dline coaches learn on the job. Let alone be able to land recruits. Good lord can you imagine that livingroom pitch to the parents. **** the players needed Coach Diaz to get back in their *** because they didn't respect their new coaches and saw they more like substitute teachers. So how could he even considering promoting a grad asst to dline coach.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
UM is not where dline coaches learn on the job. Let alone be able to land recruits. Good lord can you imagine that livingroom pitch to the parents.

Go Canes
You preaching to choir bruh. But I think Manny sees himself in some of his moves (which is admirable I guess). He wants to give guys their first shot just like Amato gave him his.

Defense has given up 4 TDs in the last 16 quarters, we just smashed the life out of our biggest rival on the road and there’s a defensive coaching change thread?

Lmao.
Our success on defense the last 16 quarters that you so astutely point out coincides exactly with Diaz taking over the defense which he did 16 quarters ago. No matter what you hear make no mistake, Diaz took this defense over 4 games ago and the results have been outstanding. That creates a problem however. What to do with Blake Baker who is the DC in name only at this point? Hence the thread on a defensive coaching change. Diaz needs to figure out if he is going to be the HC/DC going forward. If he still wants an autonomous DC then he is going to have to start looking because Baker isn't that guy. Not by a long shot.

Our success on defense the last 16 quarters that you so astutely point out coincides exactly with Diaz taking over the defense which he did 16 quarters ago. No matter what you hear make no mistake, Diaz took this defense over 4 games ago and the results have been outstanding. That creates a problem however. What to do with Blake Baker who is the DC in name only at this point? Hence the thread on a defensive coaching change. Diaz needs to figure out if he is going to be the HC/DC going forward. If he still wants an autonomous DC then he is going to have to start looking because Baker isn't that guy. Not by a long shot.

These kinds of hyperbolic hot takes are what I’ll never get about this place.

Advertisement
9 sacks 17 tackles for loss today. What's a bull**** defensive front?

dumbest post of the year candidate

stroud kept Greg(you know the man responsible for half of that production) in a super limited role for a TRY HARD guy

Some good points there and I agree with the assessment that Diaz picked teachers. Having teachers is great but if we want to go all the way with this thing we need stud recruiters as well and this staff is lacking in that department. Those two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive as there are many good coaches out there who also excel at recruiting.

Regardless, the staff needs better recruiters in order to run this program anywhere near it's potential and I can't emphasize that enough. Another thing missing from this staff is experience. Sure you have some coaches like Stroud who have been around but overall this staff needs to be upgraded. That doesn't mean that everyone has to go. What it does mean is that Diaz needs to constantly be thinking about how he can improve the staff and the overall functions of the program in general. If he has a chance to upgrade a position coach then he needs to do it.

For example I think Baker needs to go. It's not exactly a secret that the defense has improved by leaps and bounds ever since Diaz took over. The difference is staggering. Nothing personal against Baker but he is in over his head at this level and it's not hard to see. Enos is another one of our coaches who has a good amount of experience but the position coaches he brought in from his days at CMU have not accomplished much of anything on their own and not one of them is the type of offensive assistant that is on the rise and capable of taking over for Enos. I love that Diaz and staff have shown the guts, determination and mental toughness that was needed to win 2 games on the road as underdogs after losing to GT and falling to 3-4. We have a real opportunity to finish the season at 8-4 then win our Bowl game. If that does end up happening I just want to know that with basically everybody coming back next year that we have the best possible staff in place to make the type of run that we should make.

Having amazing recruiters is great dont get me wrong but when kids see the product on the field getting better and better that alone speaks volumes that a recruiter can't reach. Bottom line results. If I see the d line for example feasting in qb's there isn't anything a recruiter is going to say to me because I saw Miamis d line actually doing it. A recruiter will say come here and you'll do this and that but a teacher can put on the tape and say this guy was just like you he got here he listened to what we said to do and look at him now.

Advertisement
dumbest post of the year candidate

stroud kept Greg(you know the man responsible for half of that production) in a super limited role for a TRY HARD guy

Did Stroud have season ending ankle surgery last year no but Rousseau did. You really think he was ready for a heavy workload week 1???? Its like Mahomes in K.C yeah he could play today or last week but the odds he reinjured himself just doubled or he could chill a few weeks and be as close to 100% as possible and reduce the likely of injury to less than 10%

Ya! we should keep the defensive staff exactly as it is since we beat up on a bunch of turnstiles.
True1.gif

You guys are all missing the point. What is Trevor Lawrence doing standing there in MSU garb?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back