Romeo Finley Getting Recognition

Advertisement
He's our best second level player thus far for the year. I'm shocked at how well he is playing the slot in coverage. Be it slants, goes, wheels, he is staying in the hip pocket.

Also setting the edge fairly well.

he is a player for us this year!!

I don’t know about best player on the 2nd level but he is a very important piece on our defense.

He was another victim of the dopey insiders who convinced all the lapdog stooges that he couldn’t play here.

This dude was a bigtime recruit that we took from Clemson. And Venables usually has a very good eye for defensive talent.
Yep and it wasn’t a Dean/Alabama situation either. Clemson was on him hard. It was why I held out hope for him he just didn’t seem to have a good fit until now.

Dude can ball.

I believe PFF has him as the highest rated member of our entire D this season

I don’t know about best player on the 2nd level but he is a very important piece on our defense.
He's has absolutely been the second best player on the second level of our defense. The emergence of Romeo has really helped our pass defense. and he has been exactly what we all thought he was in the run game, which is an in the box safety type. However it's his pass defense that sets him apart and makes him the best performer on the second level of the defense. he has been "The Glove" thus far in pass coverage. We've been much better because of him as well.

I wish they could do something like they do in basketball with a +/- rating as far as points go when he is on the field. I'm willing to bet drives he is on the field yield fewer points than any other LB/OLB on our team.

Advertisement
He's not a safety, he's a LB really. Playing in the box and covering the TE and slot. Always better to have your quicker players on the field with all the spread offenses. Last season Diaz was insistent on playing base D against 3 WR and frustrated the **** outa me. He changed it up and it has worked out well because Finley has been playing the run well as well which is the fear when you go with smaller players in the box. Im glad we are getting use out of alot of players people said were just jags and roster holders.

Advertisement
Further confirmation from PFF

Attachments

• IMG_20181004_212258.jpg
    IMG_20181004_212258.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 12
Finley has been fantastic. It does make me wonder why they play McCloud at striker though. I get he had a productive against UNC but they barely had a QB who could throw a football let alone complete a pass more that 10yds. I believe McCloud should be playing where 56 does. Not meaning play over him but the same position. Back to Finley though, why would anyone have ever thought Finley was a Jag?

Advertisement
Back