Romello Brinson Latest

He's closest in comparison to Ahmmon Richards, probably not the elite route runner that Jeudy was coming out of HS, but has a lot of great teachers who show him the tricks of the trade in route running (He works out with his cousin Ocho Cinco frequently & has worked with AB multiple times on footwork).

He has very good hands & is a physical WR at the top of routes creating separation, he's a lil skinny but not weak at all & is still growing into his frame. Will be a legit 6'2 180+ by the time he gets on campus & in a S&C program.
Amari Cooper comparison?

Advertisement
Northwestern always been good to the U.
Screenshot_2019-08-07-21-09-35(2).png

You gotta think that if we land Romello we are probably going to sweep the Northwestern guys with Kam. This is a great class. Hopefully we can work on Palmetto next. I know some guys here have said we don't have a shot at Collier and Marshall, but I'll gladly pull Smith, Collins and Taylor and have them put pressure on their teammates. Gotta like the 180 the staff has done here.
Taylor

Advertisement
Love it!

Just don’t want to get Bogled! I have PTSD after his zillion CB’s to us and then picking Bama at AA game.
Because you live a comfortable life... and any sign of rejection frightens people like you. You wouldn't ever go into business because being an employee is safe for a guy who thinks like you. Thanks for speaking... Nobody felt bogle was a lock. ... Only people who are lying to themselves
It’s funny, last class, Diaz went away from SFL players; however, he has made it a major priority this class. This has me excited. Give me the SFL dogs with a chip on their shoulders.
We've have SFL kids who have flopped like ****! Give me kids who want to win! Push others to get better.

Amari Cooper comparison?
Amari is more of a precise route runner, I used to compare him to Amari but they're not really the same.

Mello is taller, Amari is more physically put together, he's a step faster in pure speed although Brinson has good long speed as well, I actually think Brinson has better hands than Amari but they're upsides are similar.

Advertisement
He's closest in comparison to Ahmmon Richards, probably not the elite route runner that Jeudy was coming out of HS, but has a lot of great teachers who show him the tricks of the trade in route running (He works out with his cousin Ocho Cinco frequently & has worked with AB multiple times on footwork).

He has very good hands & is a physical WR at the top of routes creating separation, he's a lil skinny but not weak at all & is still growing into his frame. Will be a legit 6'2 180+ by the time he gets on campus & in a S&C program.
He reminds me of Justin Jefferson

Amari is more of a precise route runner, I used to compare him to Amari but they're not really the same.

Mello is taller, Amari is more physically put together, he's a step faster in pure speed although Brinson has good long speed as well, I actually think Brinson has better hands than Amari but they're upsides are similar.
****, I didn't even realized Romello is 6-2. I thought he was 6ft. I think their hands are the same. I don't remember hands being a problem for Cooper until the NFL, honestly. I do think Brinson has Cooper beat with body control. The way Brinson can contort his body to adjust to the ball is special.

Advertisement
From UGA 247 this morning, fwiw

-“Starting to hear more Miami around the Saturday decision of Four-Star WR Romello Brinson. This recruitment has been back and forth the last few weeks it seems the deeper I dig into it. See what happens on Saturday, but I had to pick today, I would say Miami. If he picks UGA that would not surprise me either. My guess is this one would not be over, whoever he picks this weekend.”

I agree w the part that I put in bold. Why do these kids commit then?
Agreed mate. What’s the purpose of setting a date, making a video, rolling out the Twitter fingers and clicking away, only to change your mind later on. Why not wait if it’s like that and drive up the price to the highest bidder if that’s the reasoning. It’s why I love kids that made their minds up, and stick to their decision.

Advertisement
****, I didn't even realized Romello is 6-2. I thought he was 6ft. I think their hands are the same. I don't remember hands being a problem for Cooper until the NFL, honestly. I do think Brinson has Cooper beat with body control. The way Brinson can contort his body to adjust to the ball is special.
He's grown since his Freshman/Sophomore year & his hands are definitely better, that's one of Mello's strongest aspects of his game is his ability to make tough contested catches even with CB's draped all over him.

I agree his body control is spectacular, he's a long angular player who creates separation & stacks DB's like a pro.

Cooper is more sudden with explosion & has a thicker build, but Romello is more a long strider with his running gait.

Advertisement
Back