Darnell Washington
Marcus Rosemy
Jermaine Burton
Daran Branch
George Pickens
Kenny McIntosh
Divaad Wilson
Nadab Joseph

Probably missing a couple as well. I'm not saying it's an even playing field here, we know it's not, but Miami going to bat against UGA recently for kids has been rather one-sided. And by that, I mean we got put into the hospital in the first 12 seconds of the fight.

I dont ever really remember is recruiting Divaad Wilson because of some beef he had with Frierson.

Advertisement
From UGA 247 this morning, fwiw

-“Starting to hear more Miami around the Saturday decision of Four-Star WR Romello Brinson. This recruitment has been back and forth the last few weeks it seems the deeper I dig into it. See what happens on Saturday, but I had to pick today, I would say Miami. If he picks UGA that would not surprise me either. My guess is this one would not be over, whoever he picks this weekend.”

I agree w the part that I put in bold. Why do these kids commit then?

-“Starting to hear more Miami around the Saturday decision of Four-Star WR Romello Brinson. This recruitment has been back and forth the last few weeks it seems the deeper I dig into it. See what happens on Saturday, but I had to pick today, I would say Miami. If he picks UGA that would not surprise me either. My guess is this one would not be over, whoever he picks this weekend.”

He’s probably picking Miami but we still have to win and show a new uptempo offense to keep him. I would expect that. These kids want to play in this system. Just Win Baby, in my Al Davis voice.

To save a spot and fill that urge to get some of the attention the other kids are getting with their edits. We will see a record number of de-commitments this year. Other schools will see how it feels to be UM

It's over if we win.

I've had a big beef with Manny's leadership last season. But he held both the 2019 and the 2020 class together after going 7-6 under Richt, then 6-7 under his watch. That was nothing short of amazing. ... BUT, there is no way he pulls off that trifecta. He wins, they stay and more come. He loses, and we're looking at Golden-level class churn.

Advertisement

I'm fine with getting him in the boat now. I'm putting all my chips in the middle of the table with Lashlee and King.

To answer your question specifically to this year, it is to save a spot. Also, if we lose to the equivalent of the FIU and LA Techs of the world, we will have a mass exodus of decommits and who could blame them?

This is also a typical 247 writer hedging... He kind of boosted UGA up about Brinson, all week has been releasing nothing updates, now this is a way to let them down softly like yeah I think he goes UM, but my guess for whatever ratsass that is worth, is it wont be over. You can virtually say that with any recruit verbally committed anywhere now.

Helps with momentum. If we have the season we expect. These kids not going anywhere but they can def help recruit others(Garcia) to join the fold.

Advertisement
To answer your question specifically to this year, it is to save a spot. Also, if we lose to the equivalent of the FIU and LA Techs of the world, we will have a mass exodus of decommits and who could blame them?

This is also a typical 247 writer hedging... He kind of boosted UGA up about Brinson, all week has been releasing nothing updates, now this is a way to let them down softly like yeah I think he goes UM, but my guess for whatever ratsass that is worth, is it wont be over. You can virtually say that with any recruit verbally committed anywhere now.
I don’t understand the logic of top kids saving spots. If he commits to Georgia and they unexpectedly land some top national kids, they are going to push him out. With Miami, we would likely make room for him at any point. I can understand lower level kids but with these top guys it just does not make sense to me.

I don’t understand the logic of top kids saving spots. If he commits to Georgia and they unexpectedly land some top national kids, they are going to push him out. With Miami, we would likely make room for him at any point. I can understand lower level kids but with these top guys it just does not make sense to me.

You are using too much reasoning. The push from teams has been commit early or you will lose your spot. Will they stop recruiting top players at that position? Likely not (unless they got their top options already). Will they tell kids that? absolutely not.

Also the last sentence threw me off.... the first sentence seems to say if they land top national guys UGA will push Brinson out, then you say it makes sense for small guys to lock up spots but not top guys (assuming you meant Brinson?) So Brinson is a top guy for UM but not UGA? Also idk if UGA would take Brinson, a top 150 guy from a So.Fla. school that produces top talent every year, and then push him out. IDK if I have ever heard of that happening before.

It's over if we win.

I've had a big beef with Manny's leadership last season. But he held both the 2019 and the 2020 class together after going 7-6 under Richt, then 6-7 under his watch. That was nothing short of amazing. ... BUT, there is no way he pulls off that trifecta. He wins, they stay and more come. He loses, and we're looking at Golden-level class churn.

you only get so many second chances. manny has to prove it on the field this year esp with this team.

Advertisement
It's over if we win.

Its looking like he will get alot of the 2021 kids back as well

Gotta win to keep the brinsons (if he picks us tomorrow anyways), seymore, thad, george in the fold. Kids like brantley, arroyo, troutman, etc all seem pretty locked in. The boat would have to completely sink to lose the second group of kids I named.

Advertisement
Me and my wife like to play agame every once in a while. It’s called find the minority in the crowd. Really hard to do when watching a Clemson or bama game. The tamu games are ridiculously hard to find. Nebraska and Oklahoma too.
Taking that short money is the way to keep broke people broke. They laugh at 250k and in today’s world that wouldn’t change anything in anyone’s life. People blow through millions. I’ve seen dudes laugh at cops when they get bough for like 50k. You might not care about it while you take the money. But you know who cares? The racists that buy you. So while you laugh all the way to the bank they laugh at how easy it was for you to just forget about everything you stand for.
Imagine Going to a BLM rally as a racist and making a video on how 250k made a black man wear a rebel flag shirt and carry a sign that said “no kneeling” what would you call him? Smart?
Do you think racist don’t watch football? They do. And they know what it took to get those “black boys” to play for those schools.
Roll tide!!!! Go dawgs!!!! But stay away from my daughter. That’s how they watch it.
Kapernick lost everything for doing what he believed in. And now the entire sports world can’t stop talking about him and had a multi billion dollar league apologize to him. That’s power. That’s a legacy.
Jeudy, Ridley, and Cooper were going first round if they all went to fau. Saban didn’t have sht to do with it.

@pacusmc
I do this also watching Southern, Grambling, and last year when we played Bethune Cookman looking for whitey . and it you are an NBA fan, it is really easy playing this game. My friends and I take a shot every time a white player is in the game. Needless to say none of us ever get drunk.

TBH, part of me thinks UGA is trying to keep hi

100% correct. UGA rarely loses. They don't like it. Rusty is good but he has been very quiet this week - Ironically, most posters on that board didn't even know who Brinson was last week...

I wonder if Manny would be taking this commitment if he, Lashlee and Likens think Brinson is just saving a spot. I get the part about winning but Manny kept the class together last year with a poor record.

I’m not expecting a poor kid with borderline grades to understand the historical significance of their decision. Honestly, I think most kids white black rich or poor just see programs that are on tv and winning. But what the parents and handlers or mentors do is just disgusting. And they use that argument quite a lot.
So let’s say you take that 250k. I really hope it ain’t cash cause you can’t deposit it in a bank. And if you find a way to do it your getting taxed on it. So maybe it’s crypto or maybe some sort of financial vehicle that you can shelter it from Uncle Sam.
250k ain’t breaking you out of poverty. Maybe pay some bills go on vacation. Down payment on a house maybe, furniture? a car? And now what?
But getting injured is the one that really gets me.
How many players on D1 suffer career ending injuries now a days. With the exception of congenital conditions like Ross and AR;
not even a **** pelvic fracture keeps dudes out the league (tua).
But there is an evil entity lurking in college called “loss of draft value insurance”.
The sec is notorious for telling kids about it. And as some people have stated “it isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on”
Averaging at a cost of 8k per million of coverage. No one ever gets the total amount. It’s also unregulated by the ncaa and insurance agents get huge commissions on it. And no one knows who’s paying for it. 😉
I get it. Get whatever you can and who gives a sht. The **** country was founded by slave owners.
But that mentality is what has been stopping progress of minorities for a very long time.
Now you have screws in your leg and that 250 k is gone and all you have to show for it is a 4 year old luxury vehicle and you can’t even pay for the maintenance. It’s sofla and the landscape is full dudes like this and it had nothing to do with an injury. Making the league is hard. Staying in it is even harder. Making it long enough to earn a pension harder still.
All of the ncaa is guilty of earning money of a players back and then saying here is some cash for your troubles. But if the vast majority of ncaa players will end up in the same boat. Then I would prefer to be the one standing there knowing that neither I nor my family sold out.
they do what Zion's mom did.. upgrade houses and stuff! It's loopholes you are thinking wayyyyyyyy to hard. People do this all the time.

Advertisement
Back