ROMELLO BRINSON COMMITS!

Advertisement
sSVyJU.gif

It is what it is at the point, we all will have to see how sticky their commitments. I would truly love them all to stay Canes however that’s not reality. I suppose we’ll just have to see how good Manny’s sales job is in the long haul, especially for those that are committed for the 2021 class.

Advertisement
**** just got home and read through this thread. You mother****ers make me sick. The amount of negative crybaby *** posts in a thread of a big time commit is ridiculous.

People saying we shouldn't take commits from the class after the current class, when every big time school across the country is, are you ******* kidding me? Everybody talking about he won't stick. In case you ain't know this The New Miami, until Diaz has a rash of decommits as head coach, I'm not gonna sit around expecting it. What type of pussified thinking is that? Y'all gotta be some sad, miserable ***** in real life.

Welcome to the U Romello

You guys don’t see what’s happening here, if there’s anything Manny Diaz (son of a politician) has learned or observed from his father is the tactic/ability to sell a vision and get people to buy into it, with Richt we had little to no enthusiasm because there was a 90% chance that the kid would decommit in 2 years, Manny at 44 is a lot closer to this generation of kids than Richt was, and he experienced Miami at its peak of dominance. He knows when the top recruits from major SFL Highschools commit to the U and puts on for the city and establish school pipelines, it’s a wrap, plus he has firsthand experience recruiting for a CFB powerhouse and knows what the standards are for an elite program, during his tenure at Texas, they finished 4th in 2011 and in 2012 they finished 2nd Nationally and even in his last year they still finished top 20, with all these new hires and even marketing tactics, and establishing a brand new hashtag #TNM you don’t think it’s getting these recruits excited as we are? Literally all Manny has to do is win and you won’t have to worry about 2021 kids decommiting

I would believe this spin if I didn’t see Diaz and company struggle to recruiting kids and being played for suckers the last several years. 2021 is a life time from now. I’ll keep my expectations low.

Advertisement
I would believe this spin if I didn’t see Diaz and company struggle to recruiting kids and being played for suckers the last several years. 2021 is a life time from now. I’ll keep my expectations low.
you can’t rebuttal my statement as a spin, by giving a statement with a spin as well, your statement is way off.
  1. It’s not Diaz and company, Diaz did not take over full control of recruiting as HC until 42 days ago and even then he managed to salvage our class with quality acquisitions, what happened with recruiting several years prior to his hiring is irrelevant in terms of future recruiting.
  2. You’re holding Diaz accountable for all of that when it was Richt and his old staff whiffing, aside from Hartley no one was getting anything done and even Hartley whiffed at the end.
  3. Diaz may have actively been recruiting with the previous staff but it’s been said by many on this site that Richt had the final say on who we go after, so if Manny thinks a kid is a stud and deserves an offer but Richt doesn’t, guess what that kid ain’t getting no offer or if he does he will be slow played.
  4. Manny wouldn’t let a 2021 kid commit early if he didn’t have a strategy behind it, he’s trying to build a MNW pipeline.
  5. I said if Manny takes care of business on the field, there’s no need to worry about “offering kids to early”

Romello is a fantastic get by the TNM staff. I’m hopeful that it sticks, and that Diaz and Co. keep on the kids as such that the only way they sniff other pastures is if there’s a bag game being played which we all know we don’t have the $$$ to combat that piece. But I think Manny’s going to get, secure commitments from, and keep more players than he will lose.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s hope Diaz can do what the previous 3 coaches couldn’t and keep these kids committed
exactly this. Don't get me wrong, I love the excitement around the program and I love that elite 2021 guys wants to come aboard but we've literally been in this exact same position for like the last 10 years and outside of one class, they all have kind of been picked apart.

Consider me cautiously optimistic

you can’t rebuttal my statement as a spin, by giving a statement with a spin as well, your statement is way off.
  1. It’s not Diaz and company, Diaz did not take over full control of recruiting as HC until 42 days ago and even then he managed to salvage our class with quality acquisitions, what happened with recruiting several years prior to his hiring is irrelevant in terms of future recruiting.
  2. You’re holding Diaz accountable for all of that when it was Richt and his old staff whiffing, aside from Hartley no one was getting anything done and even Hartley whiffed at the end.
  3. Diaz may have actively been recruiting with the previous staff but it’s been said by many on this site that Richt had the final say on who we go after, so if Manny thinks a kid is a stud and deserves an offer but Richt doesn’t, guess what that kid ain’t getting no offer or if he does he will be slow played.
  4. Manny wouldn’t let a 2021 kid commit early if he didn’t have a strategy behind it, he’s trying to build a MNW pipeline.
  5. I said if Manny takes care of business on the field, there’s no need to worry about “offering kids to early”

Again, you’re dismissing the countless of recruits Díaz and company were aggressively recruiting and still missed out on. Obviously, this doesn’t fall all on Díaz but if he were an elite recruiter then we would have hit on more kids. I hope you’re right. I’m just not buying the hype yet. We do this all the time when we get a new coach.

**** just got home and read through this thread. You mother****ers make me sick. The amount of negative crybaby *** posts in a thread of a big time commit is ridiculous.

People saying we shouldn't take commits from the class after the current class, when every big time school across the country is, are you ******* kidding me? Everybody talking about he won't stick. In case you ain't know this The New Miami, until Diaz has a rash of decommits as head coach, I'm not gonna sit around expecting it. What type of pussified thinking is that? Y'all gotta be some sad, miserable ***** in real life.

Welcome to the U Romello
Channelling my inner Will Smith from Bad Boys....

Now that's how you supposed to post! From now on that's how you post!

Advertisement
Back