Roman's take on Joe Brady

Let’s be real, great players make average coaches look great. Great coaches can elevate average players but if you’ve got a bunch of bums, the best coach in the world won’t matter.

Case in point: Rob Chudzinski.
2001: 454.8 ypg 42.7 ppg
2002: 465.8 ypg 40.5 ppg
Then…..
2003: 394.9 ypg 27.8 ppg

Did Chud forget how to call plays? Did he change his system?

Of course not. He just didn’t have as many good players. Honestly, anyone could have had success with the all star teams in 01-02. It’s a whole new game when everyone on your side isn’t way better than everyone on the other side.

Chud could possibly have a role somewhere. I’d doubt it’s Oc

Advertisement
He was below average in short yardage and in the red zone. Ya know they two most important spots.
Most important spot is scoring offense and Miami was 16th in the P5 in scoring. That’s with a kicker who missed quite a few makable field goal attempts.

Advertisement
Him in a analysis role would be huge , how many former NFL coaches / oc’s are in that position. I want smart football people in the building , the more the better. I’d also reach out to Butch to help in a role like that.
As long as it doesn’t involve our offense jumping backwards twenty years again. I’m fine with never seeing the Coker T again

Advertisement
Him in a analysis role would be huge , how many former NFL coaches / oc’s are in that position. I want smart football people in the building , the more the better. I’d also reach out to Butch to help in a role like that.
87B60CE8-144E-4A8C-B174-B0F2236F039B.gif

Mario first recruiting win needs to be joe Brady
The momentum would be huge to close out this class
I totally agree. Can you imagine the blue chip skill positions that will line up in droves wanting to play in his offense?

Advertisement
I never coached, but it looked square peg round hole at times. Guys who do know have talked on here all the variations of spread offenses.
His arm-talent doesn't threaten the field enough vertically, and running-wise he wasn't very adept at the zone read. Against certain competition you could get away with smoke and mirrors to disguise all that, but talented teams and quality coaches made []__[] one-dimensional over the course of 60 minutes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back