Romancane voices his opinion on "handlers".

Advertisement
I used to sell ERP Software for a big player. Part of the sales pitch was adaptability. Companies must adapt to a changing marketplace and you must have software that can adapt (be modified) as your business changes. Same with recruiting, NIL creates a service for pay. To compete all "P5" schools will have to form Foundations that collect $$$ and distribute it according to the desire for the recruit. If that means paying the handler, parents, coach or whoever, it's the new marketplace. Get over it!

He's on a useless rant. "handlers" are there for a reason, and there isn't anything people can do about it. Handlers can be their father, mother, coach, and/or mentor. If you want to recruit with the big boys, you gotta beat them at their own game. If TAMU out recruited us then that's on Diaz for not getting him interested in Miami, and Mario didn't have enough time to resuscitate that with a 1/4 staff. If we lost him to bags, and we have bags ourselves, then we need to make sure this doesn't happen again if this is the type of kid we want on the roster. If TAMU is offering to pay the kid and the handler, then we can't just say "we're the local team, we'll pay the player and give the handler cheese sticks".

We can bytch and moan all we want, but Cam Newton aint carry his team to a championship because he liked Gus. They paid that boy.

Advertisement

Thoughts? Could be obviously seen as some salt, but the main points are valid and I share his views on handlers as well.

Doubt we will hear from Moe if Shemar makes it.

Durkin runs an odd-man front period. The kid is going to play 3i or 4/5 technique if he ever wants to see the field at A&M. He should be a happy kid by week 2...lol.

Miami Flo said we lost him because we wouldn't guarantee him playing time from the jump. Tifwiw
Absolutely zero % chance that is true lol He would walk in today as the second best player on that DL most likely. he would likely start at some point this year after getting some time with a college S&C program. Conversely, he would walk into A&M with about 14 players ahead of him on the DL rotation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely zero % chance that is true lol He would walk in today as the second best player on that DL most likely. he would likely start at some point this year after getting some time with a college S&C program. Conversely, he would walk into A&M with about 14 players ahead of him on the DL rotation.
While I agree with you. I know Mario wouldn't guarantee him playing time. I believe Jumbo would say anything

I'm not sure why we wouldn't be willing to pay Moe as well. I don't think it's only the handler getting handouts.

Advertisement
I didn't even put two and two together to realize he was going to be playing in the scheme he said he didn't want to play in. Makes it all much funnier

I'm sure moe will have the same heart and passion for his other DL students at Pace right? since he's such a stand up guy I'm sure he invests in all the kids the same

Pointless rant.. They have been around for years and will continue to be around, in some shape and form, adapt or die... ranting I guess..
He's on a useless rant. "handlers" are there for a reason, and there isn't anything people can do about it. Handlers can be their father, mother, coach, and/or mentor. If you want to recruit with the big boys, you gotta beat them at their own game. If TAMU out recruited us then that's on Diaz for not getting him interested in Miami, and Mario didn't have enough time to resuscitate that with a 1/4 staff. If we lost him to bags, and we have bags ourselves, then we need to make sure this doesn't happen again if this is the type of kid we want on the roster. If TAMU is offering to pay the kid and the handler, then we can't just say "we're the local team, we'll pay the player and give the handler cheese sticks".

We can bytch and moan all we want, but Cam Newton aint carry his team to a championship because he liked Gus. They paid that boy.

I wouldn't say it's pointless. Call these rats out any chance you get.

Advertisement
Back