Romanas Frederique to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Reminds me of Ivey
Thought the same thing watching his film. Don't think he's as fast though.

*to me this is an eval./projection for the pros (staff). Obviously a 'good' high school player who's apparently hit a growth spurt. I'm Switzerland on this one.

I'm of the opinion we finish with a top 10 class and 9-3 ish. Mario can flip kids and it wouldn't take many.
I think 9-3 should absolutely yield a top 10 class. Something went horribly wrong with NIL if it doesn’t. Even the right 8-4 season should be 8-12 range.

Advertisement
I don’t know what some of these people want from the staff. If they see a player live and think he is good should they not offer? You want them to be Ike, “we think he is really talented but pass.”
No. Don't take good players. Just take 5-stars because it hasn't been explained 2500 times already that high-profile recruits wait until the final hour to make a commitment

Thought the same thing watching his film. Don't think he's as fast though.

*to me this is an eval./projection for the pros (staff). Obviously a 'good' high school player who's apparently hit a growth spurt. I'm Switzerland on this one.
What’s said about him are eerily similar to what was said about dj Ivey in hs

Imagine being upset that a player commits here because his ******* starranking isn't high enough.
It’s not one player. It’s the majority of our current 14 commits. Only 3 of the 14 are ranked in the top 500. Our average star ranking is on par with schools like Purdue and Mississippi state. Mario was brought in to land whales, not a class full of projects and developmental guys. Just calling it like I see it.

I really liked his film. Maybe I know nothing, but he plays both ways and return punts.

He has highlights going against Hykeem Williams. He has grown late so he gives you a long CB with athleticism and ball skills.

His old coach ,who is on this board, and pulls zero punches, just gave his big seal of approval.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Advertisement
I agree. I’ve said a few times before there are some that do feel this way, it’s also an excuse in my opinion from a kid like Smith to just keep dragging us along

Like last year though I expect we will see a lot of new names pop up. Mario casts a much wider net than I think we really appreciate still. Not sure how it plays out though

Didn’t DJ Ivy run a 4.43? I always enjoyed watching back of his jersey while WR ran to the end zone.
Why such a defensive answer? Nobody is talking about DJ Ivey.

I'm not a mope, I asked a legitimate question on this guys speed.

I understand I need to trick my eyes and believe every commit we get is a 5 star elite measurable prospect when he commits to us, so sorry I have failed CIS.

But I just want to know his speed numbers, bc he doesn't look too fast on tape. I didnt say he was going to suck.

Abso-freakin-lutely.
He's a dude.

He was a late bloomer. Going into his 11th grade year he sprouted like 3 inches. His recruiting is starting to take off lately because he looks completely different than he did a year ago.
Kids like this may grow a few more inches over the summer time and keep their speed and athleticism!l. Love the pickup.

Advertisement
Why such a defensive answer? Nobody is talking about DJ Ivey.

I'm not a mope, I asked a legitimate question on this guys speed.

I understand I need to trick my eyes and believe every commit we get is a 5 star elite measurable prospect when he commits to us, so sorry I have failed CIS.

But I just want to know his speed numbers, bc he doesn't look too fast on tape. I didnt say he was going to suck.
I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I hear you though speed is good.

Had five stars who have flopped and 3 stars who have flopped. We have been conSistent lol

No disagreements from me here at all. It seems like these are the type kids you keep recruiting hard and evaluate through out their senior seasons. I would keep them on campus but right now it’s foggy as to why they are takes at the moment.
Because our coaches and scouting/recruiting department know how to do their jobs and make their own evals. They don’t just look at highlights and star ratings and offer guys. They go for guys that fit what they want and need for their system and of course with the physical and athleticism traits they like.

Advertisement
It’s not one player. It’s the majority of our current 14 commits. Only 3 of the 14 are ranked in the top 500. Our average star ranking is on par with schools like Purdue and Mississippi state. Mario was brought in to land whales, not a class full of projects and developmental guys. Just calling it like I see it.
And we've landed plenty of whales last year and we will do so again.

A few of our commits will be 4 stars will it’s all said and done

Advertisement
Back