View as article
Advertisement
Sounds like you are hoping he fails.
I’m not hoping he fails
I just don’t think he’s gonna be more than a jag aka depth piece
I believe in stats and odds and the odds favor jag status
It’s nothing personal against the guy
Just numbers
Taking 3 stars and hoping they outplay their rankings is like playing penny stocks
U can make some money here and there but it can’t make up the majority of your portfolio

He did, as a baby.
9th and 10th grade.
He was in our two deep with Xavier Lucas.

Elite feet and man coverage ability.
Excellent technique. (thanks Coach Gray)
Very sticky.
He was just tiny and needed to grow.
But between 10th and 11th grade he sprouted to like 6'+.

But more importantly, has he matured enough in his wing game for us to be respect the decision here …. Priorities 😎

Advertisement
I’m not hoping he fails
I just don’t think he’s gonna be more than a jag aka depth piece
I believe in stats and odds and the odds favor jag status
It’s nothing personal against the guy
Just numbers
Taking 3 stars and hoping they outplay their rankings is like playing penny stocks
U can make some money here and there but it can’t make up the majority of your portfolio
Thank goodness we are not just recruiting 3 stars then

Exactly
But the results so far are concerning
There’s no denying that
But going forward the rest of the class needs to be 4/5 stars only
I will be concerned IF our top targets start to commit elsewhere. As long as they remain uncommitted we are okay. If that changes then we do have a problem.

Advertisement
I will be concerned IF our top targets start to commit elsewhere. As long as they remain uncommitted we are okay. If that changes then we do have a problem.
Our top targets already are commiting elsewhere
Qb is always the most important position of football and we already missed on air
And in 3 recruiting classes all Mario has gotten at qb was Emory and Jaccuri

Mario’s elite trait as a coach is recruiting
And he needs to do a better job

Qb is always the most important position of football and we already missed on air

I don't disagree that we have missed on QB. No argument there.
I will respectfully disagree that our top targets are committing elsewhere and that we are missing on all our top targets.
No one hits 100% so we are going to miss on some of them but basically in each position outside of QB we are in it with uncommitted top targets.

Mario is a good recruiter. He has never been elite (top 3 class). The problem is so far (this cycle) he's not even performing at good-level. He's got a lot of work to do to maintain his status as a good recruiter, let alone elite.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like the take.

-PREREQUISITE SIZE

-SPECIAL TEAM DUTIES

-Still some untapped potential but he is technical now and will get good coaching base at sta this year

-Played at 2 div 1 feeder programs..DB AND STA

- Has gone up against some studs the last few years and held his own

* i DONT KNOW IF IT WAS STATED BUT HE ALSO PLAYS FOR SF EXPRESS 7 ON 7 TEAM.

If your not gonna get the elite 5 star types these the types you grabbed that are homegrown. For years i wondered what someone was doing chasing whales and not securing the Ryan Macks and Frederiques then in december sending them a "hey big head" text

Last edited:
Theirs certain guys u just know are gonna be jags
It’s bc we’ve seen so many of them
And unfortunately he’s one of them
He could be an outlier and ball out
But we can’t recruit for outliers
We have to recruit towards the mean
And those are the blue chips recruits
Well, clearly Miami needs jsy on the recruiting staff. He can just look at a guy and say he'll be a jag while Guidry, Mario, and the actual paid recruiting staff have no idea what they are looking at. 🙄

Advertisement
I don’t know what some of these people want from the staff. If they see a player live and think he is good should they not offer? You want them to be Ike, “we think he is really talented but pass.”
A lot of the same people who rightfully complained that all Coker did was recruit based on the services rankings, with no evals of his own, complain that known talent evaluators and recruiters such as Zo, Mario, and Guidry are offering based on their evaluations.

Advertisement
Back