Romanas Frederique to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
December is a long way out still. I'm going to watch the finish. In the meantime, I welcome all these commits to the U. Have great Sr seasons and work your tails off to become great Canes.

He did, as a baby.
9th and 10th grade.
He was in our two deep with Xavier Lucas.

Elite feet and man coverage ability.
Excellent technique. (thanks Coach Gray)
Very sticky.
He was just tiny and needed to grow.
But between 10th and 11th grade he sprouted to like 6'+.

sounds like a typical South Florida "howdidwe" kid.

starts to show his growth and upside later in high school, goes off to some other place, .....and then when you hear his name called sometime on draft day, you say to yourself: "howdidwe" miss out on that kid??

Advertisement
I like the take.

-PREREQUISITE SIZE

-SPECIAL TEAM DUTIES

-Still some untapped potential but he is technical now and will get good coaching base at sta this year

-Played at 2 div 1 feeder programs..DB AND STA

- Has gone up against some studs the last few years and held his own

* i DONT KNOW IF IT WAS STATED BUT HE ALSO PLAYS FOR SF EXPRESS 7 ON 7 TEAM.

If your not gonna get the elite 5 star types these the types you grabbed that are homegrown. For years i wondered what someone was doing chasing whales and not securing the Ryan Macks and Frederiques then in december sending them a "hey big head" text

100%. I keep going back to the fact everyone was ecstatic when we took Al Blades from STA because he was a Top 100 kid. But he was the backup to Asante Samuel who early in the cycle wasn’t as touted and we didn’t pursue until it was too late.

Now we’re taking two starters one of whom played for our very own @Coach Macho who gives him a glowing testimonial and people are bemoaning their composite score on 247. some serious arm chair QBing going on right now.

Ryan Mack, Dylan Day, Chris Wheatley-Humphrey, Romanas Frederique, Isaih Thomas have something in common. Add 10-15 pounds and most would be consensus 4 stars. Size is a part of the calculation for every 3rd party evaluation service like on3, espn, etc ... I don't think that should change. But assuming that all of these 3 stars are JAGS is premature. On3 currently has Romanas listed as a zero-star, because their evaluations aren't even done yet.

Congrats to the kid. He's excited as ****, let's at least let him be for a moment. **** yeah, we've got questions, but there's not a lot of recruits in the land that don't have them.

Ryan Mack, Dylan Day, Chris Wheatley-Humphrey, Romanas Frederique, Isaih Thomas have something in common. Add 10-15 pounds and most would be consensus 4 stars. Size is a part of the calculation for every 3rd party evaluation service like on3, espn, etc ... I don't think that should change. But assuming that all of these 3 stars are JAGS is premature. On3 currently has Romanas listed as a zero-star, because their evaluations aren't even done yet.
Isiah Thomas would be a high 4 star if he didnt have an injury

Advertisement
PEEWEE!!!!!
Sorry, I had just come out of the pool.
Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

It’s not one player. It’s the majority of our current 14 commits. Only 3 of the 14 are ranked in the top 500. Our average star ranking is on par with schools like Purdue and Mississippi state. Mario was brought in to land whales, not a class full of projects and developmental guys. Just calling it like I see it.
That’s true, our recruiting this cycle is absolutely lacking, this is what happens when you go 5-7 and get blown out the water by middle Tennessee

Advertisement
got manhandled by a wide out for a td in the 1st quarter
He had good coverage against an elite recruit that is 6” taller. You want to say the same about Trader who had a TD against him?

This kid came back and broke up another long pass one on one.

I knew someone would come on here and rant about the kid lol. That play he just played it too cool which is something I hate about these kids, but he’s locked in since. That said, I see why he’s a rated where he is, definitely reminds me of the Miami DJ Ivey.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back