Rodney Miller

CTCANE

Junior
I see on Hurricanesports.com that he graduated today. If he doesnt produce next year, it will probably be his last year.

Advertisement
Just saw that. I don't wanna say it, because I don't wanna jynx it, buuuuuuuuuuuut...

Looks like DJ graduated too. Doubt he'd go anywhere, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Just saw that. I don't wanna say it, because I don't wanna jynx it, buuuuuuuuuuuut...

Looks like DJ graduated too. Doubt he'd go anywhere, but stranger things have happened.

Good for both of them (graduating) Not every athlete will go pro. But players that graduate and do well in life are always an asset to their unniversity.

Advertisement

Having DJ as a backup guard is not exactly bad. He hits shots at least. You want to go into next year again with 7-8 guys

Nothing wrong with DJ, nothing at all. He's done what he was asked to do, and is the player anyone should have hoped for/expected.

This is the only highlight I have found of him in college on Youtube. I have a feeling he is on par with Rodney Miller.

Advertisement
LuckyOne, you've got to be kidding, right? Brooks averaged 8 and 6 on a quality team in a quality league (yes, the American with Memphis, Cinncy, UConn, Temple, Houston, Wichita St, etc. is a VERY good league). Miller couldn't put up those numbers in his dreams.

TBD. Rodney Miller has never played serious minutes like Brooks did at Cincinnati. I didn't know 8 points and 6 rebounds were impressive. He is 6'11 and he is playing over 25 minutes a game, what else should we expect.

TBD. Rodney Miller has never played serious minutes like Brooks did at Cincinnati. I didn't know 8 points and 6 rebounds were impressive. He is 6'11 and he is playing over 25 minutes a game, what else should we expect.

Rodney Miller struggles to get dressed. Brooks has actually proven he can do that and averaged 20+ MPG.

Nobody is saying Brooks is the next Hakeem but at the same time, he is NOT on par with Rodney Miller.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I am saying is that Rodney Miller has not played enough for me to totally know what he can do. In fairness, Coach L let Manu Leconte and James Palmer sit on the bench then they left to become pretty good players at Baylor and Nebraska.

I am not saying Rodney will be all conference, I am saying Coach L needs to play the kid to get a contribution out of him.

Rodney sat the bench for two years when he arrived at Miami as a project and our coaches have not developed his strength, conditioning nor his skillset.

At what age do you stop calling these young men kids?

If they can’t take criticism now then they never will. Facts are facts. Miller hasn’t proved any of the doubters wrong yet so we shall see.

Miller hasn’t proved any of the doubters wrong yet so we shall see.

Doubters? Where are his supporters? Does anyone think he can average (more than) the following:

MPG: 15
PPG: 5
RPG: 3
BPG: .5

Those aren't even good numbers. Those are backup numbers.

So who thinks Rodney will put up better than that this season?

Doubters? Where are his supporters? Does anyone think he can average (more than) the following:

MPG: 15
PPG: 5
RPG: 3
BPG: .5

Those aren't even good numbers. Those are backup numbers.

So who thinks Rodney will put up better than that this season?

If you double those numbers then Rodney is averaging 10 points, 6 rebounds and 1 block per game. Nysier Brooks averaged 8 points and 6 rebounds last season at Cincinnati.

Sit one and play one for Brooks is bad unless Brooks gets the waiver to play this season. Then he and Miller will compete for the starting 5 spot.

I said Brooks and Miller are on par. Thanks for supporting my case.

Advertisement
Back