Rodney Miller

Can you let me know Rodney’s stats from his senior year of HS?

He played his senior year at Oak Hill and I don't think he started. Rodney is 7'0 tall and that was the main reason why he got his scholarship. I doubt there is a Rodney Miller highlight video on Youtube, which says a lot.

Advertisement
Manu started mostly at the 2, he wanted to play PG more and left because Angel transferred in and didn't think he could beat him out
Palmer played decent minutes but was highly inconsistent which would land him on the bench at times, we had Sheldon come in and that scared off Palmer. Can't play everyone 40 minutes.

I agree that it is not about playing 40 minutes but my point was players will leave a school for more playing time and with playing time, you will find out what type of player the person is or will become.

Rodney sitting on the bench for two years is partly due to Rodney's skillset but the strength and conditioning coach has to take part of the blame along with the coaching staff as his skillset has not developed. In fairness, it is not like Miami has had 13 scholarship players on the basketball team in the last 4 years.

FYI, I am not the defense lawyer for Rodney Miller. I am not making excuses for Rodney Miller. My point is there are other factors and people responsible for the lack of contribution of Rodney Miller in his time at Miami.

Coaching staff of the basketball team (skill development) and the strength and conditioning coach (getting Rodney in basketball shape).

Rodney has already graduated Miami with his degree so it is not a matter of his ability.

He played his senior year at Oak Hill and I don't think he started. Rodney is 7'0 tall and that was the main reason why he got his scholarship. I doubt there is a Rodney Miller highlight video on Youtube, which says a lot.

How many games did he play in his senior year? How many MPG?

Advertisement

His bio does not include that information but it does highlight his academic excellence. Maybe Rodney is on the team for his academic work.

Perhaps there is no reason to think he could do anything of relevance here considering he hasn’t done anything of significance and the backup to the backup (i.e. Gak) has shown more than anything Rodney has shown.

Is Miller not our current starting center with Gak and Stone nursing blowed ACLs?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Unfortunately, Coach L's preseason prediction that Rodney Miller would win the Most Improved Player in the conference did not come true this season. I guess Coach L will try again next season with this prediction.

Advertisement
Back