Roche and Phillips, we need more....

roche is playing against NFL level OL now. Not Navy or whtaever other scrubs in their conference. They are playing pretty solid to me. LOTS of hurries
Agree with this, these guys get soo close but arent able to finish. Moreso Phillips than Roche, I see Phillips walk the tackle into the qb lap but he doesnt know how to disengage off a bullrush or something. Like the sack is right there, shed the blocker or something.. lol

Advertisement
Y’all do have to remember Phillips hasn’t played a full season of CFB before. He’s been out the game a couple years. I still think he’ll continue to get better with more playing experience.

I agree with brocks point, these 3 man fronts clearly aren’t working. Give us the 4 best pass rushers and let them go.. even if that means kicking a couple guys inside and moving them around. Roche on a 3rd and long would be VERY difficult to stop in a 3tech. Phillips could even bump down. Put a cam williams/Harvey in at end and leave JHH on the field.

The soft *** cushions/zones on 3rd and long do not help them. WRs just sit in the vacant real estate and move the sticks. Also, they rush higher than the QB which allows him to step up in the pocket and fire.

Advertisement
1605533965345.png

Boom! At least from Phillips!
Both played their asses off. Roche didn't miss a snap and Phillips played 72 of 75. Phillips made more splash plays and was an animal, should be D player of the week, but take nothing away from Quincy. Guy answered the bell big time. They had one play up the middle and 2 to the outside and all 3 were horrific angles by our Safeties. The DL won this game.

Roche is playing with big boys now....better comp in ACC. Phillips doesn't look like the Phillips from HS imo he doesn't have that same explosiveness. They both have effort though and also what someone brought up they are being held at times alot. Technique is an issue as well. Also u can call holding on every play but that's all over the country.
well they seem to have no problem calling holding on us :

Advertisement
The Dline is so far from any of the issues on this D so this thread is a fail. May not have sack numbers but those dudes get after it and play. The missing ingredient is good Linebacker play. Shaq would have had 60plus tackles so far this year. Leading tackler on this D barely has 40 in 7 games. Thats ******* terrible. Linebackers need to step up, plain and simple
agree aren't our two leading tacklers safeties , not good :

Advertisement
Back