Spring Robinson updates battles in secondary, talks recruiting efforts

I will say though. If it’s week 3-4 and we’re still seeing Amari stumbling over his feet, taking horrible angles, and getting kick out for targeting, don’t tell me nobody else behind him is prepared to take his spot as a rotating safety

Same with Gurvan

That’s when we’ll know Manny still plays politics

Advertisement
Any thoughts on the DBs getting much better coaching from T-Rob and DVD and actually improving?

I hope yall weren’t under the illusion the Secondary was going to have a massive makeover lol

I told yall already, the Secondary will remain the exact same, except Tyrique will replace Al Jr & Tae Williams will be the 2nd team/4th Safety in rotation...

We’re living & dying with Bolden, Hall & Carter; whenever a coach says “these guys have played a lot of Football”, that means experience over everything. Quality of play doesn’t matter, simply number of games is the barometer.

Like I said in the other thread a couple days ago, if you thought James Williams was coming in & playing right away, ain’t happening, he’ll play 4 games on ST’s & Redshirt.

Ivey will start at Boundary, prepare yourselves for it.
Manny love James Williams, matter fact this will be his team by the end of the season now prepare for that

He ain’t playing much this year bruh, yall can go full denial mode if you want, but yall clearly not paying attention to how things go at Miami...

That boy ain’t gonna get the reps, he’ll be a 3rd/4th teamer & play Special teams at the most.
let me fix it for you, That Grown Man gone take reps and if Miami wanna win ASAP leave him on the field. Guaranteed you this buddy

Advertisement
You guys are getting worked up about typical coachspeak. What do you expect Robinson to say? He’s not going to badmouth the kids.

I hope yall weren’t under the illusion the Secondary was going to have a massive makeover lol

I told yall already, the Secondary will remain the exact same, except Tyrique will replace Al Jr & Tae Williams will be the 2nd team/4th Safety in rotation...

We’re living & dying with Bolden, Hall & Carter; whenever a coach says “these guys have played a lot of Football”, that means experience over everything. Quality of play doesn’t matter, simply number of games is the barometer.

Like I said in the other thread a couple days ago, if you thought James Williams was coming in & playing right away, ain’t happening, he’ll play 4 games on ST’s & Redshirt.

Snow White= @Liberty City El telling us the truth is good for us..truth is the food

lil girl= CIS not enjoying what He’s feeding us..at all

1617333473827.gif

There’s no way James Williams RS’s. If you RS a top 30 player in the country at a school like UM, ur digging a grave getting elite guys to come here..
Look down the list of top 30 players and the immediate impact they make.. plus the fact James is not a EE

Lol man that's why I say Carter is being selfish not moving to LB. Dude just in the way.

Btw, I know we all want to see jwill but y'all sleep on Kinchens. Dude got a head start already being there and getting praise for how smart he is. One thing that Manny has shown is that he loves guys who know the playbook inside out. Why y'all think Carter will always be in the mix? Dude one of the smartest cats on the team.... He's just hella trash as a DB lol
Kitchens will be nice here...y’all just give these kids time man. You should never been in a position to start 18/17 year olds at multiple spots day one..if your program depends on that every 2 1/2 years your a Shannon/ Golden type era..we don’t wanna be FSU

Advertisement
I will say though. If it’s week 3-4 and we’re still seeing Amari stumbling over his feet, taking horrible angles, and getting kick out for targeting, don’t tell me nobody else behind him is prepared to take his spot as a rotating safety

Same with Gurvan

That’s when we’ll know Manny still plays politics
And if Williams A or J happens to gets called for targeting in their Miami careers

Need to have blind faith that Robinson will move on from Bolden, Carter, Hall, Ivey individually if they keep getting beat. Chances are that at least one or two among the veterans will not rise to the occasion so there should be an opportunity for the freshmans. At the very least we'll have superb athletes on special teams. We may even block a punt or return a kick for a TD.

Yea idk what people expect right now

Avante is coming back from a serious injury, Kitchens should still be in HS and James Williams isn’t on campus yet

Who is going to play over the 3 guys who are SRs?

Maybe Balom but he’s far less talented
This. It’s sping. There ain’t no one else who could be leading at safety right now.

Advertisement
Once TRob see’s one half of Carter and Hall on the field together he’ll snap out of it.

Advertisement
Look down the list of top 30 players and the immediate impact they make.. plus the fact James is not a EE
We aren’t Bama, Clemson or Ohio State. Two of our “best” safeties are Carter and Gurvan at his position who both as of now aren’t playing in the NFL. At worse he should be on specials. Unless those two improve by leaps and bounds he should be getting some sort of reps throughout the season

Man if the player knows the play book they will play. Manny job is on the line he is not dump. That's why he is fishing the portal the way he is.

So TRob is a corch already?

Maybe the guys starting are the best players right now.
No way Carter is one of the best players. After watching him for years I refuse to believe it. Praying A Williams will surpass him after a full spring and summer...I want Carter gone like I wanted Knowles gone. Its like these dudes are there forever

No way Carter is one of the best players. After watching him for years I refuse to believe it. Praying A Williams will surpass him after a full spring and summer...I want Carter gone like I wanted Knowles gone. Its like these dudes are there forever
Facts. It really feels like this program can turn a major corner once guys like Carter, Ivey, and McCloud are gone. To a lesser extent Pope & Wiggins too.

Advertisement
Back