Robert Smith out at espn

Advertisement
I never really "hated' the guy, just simply thought he was not very enjoyable to listen to.

Advertisement
he was fine. the worst one there is mark may. trevor mattich isn't much better. to keep them but now robert smith seems odd to me. smith wasn't great but he wasn't horrid or one sided either. he was unbiased just a bit boring.

mark may and trevor mattich are just bad and biased as all get out.

he was fine. the worst one there is mark may. trevor mattich isn't much better. to keep them but now robert smith seems odd to me. smith wasn't great but he wasn't horrid or one sided either. he was unbiased just a bit boring.

Add Lou Holtz into that mix (he's no longer at ESPN), as well as Heather Dinch who covers the ACC, and ESPN has become unbearable for Canes fans in terms of college football.

I agree...May and Mattich are completely ridiculous and clueless. Smith was just too big of a homer for that sorry school of his that will remain unmentioned.

Does this mean that he's going to get the The Cure back together?

Robert Smith.jpg

Advertisement
Mark May is worst than bad,he's has some serious bias issues!

I agree...May and Mattich are completely ridiculous and clueless. Smith was just too big of a homer for that sorry school of his that will remain unmentioned.

Does this mean that he's going to get the The Cure back together?

View attachment 35174

So if the Cure does get back together, does Smith continue with the androgynous look now that it is practically expected. lol

In all seriousness though, I have no problem with loving your Alma Mater (Mark May with Pitt for example), but BLIND LOVE to the point he practically cannot see anything that Sparty or Michigan does in a positive light OR call out Urban Meyer means he needs to be on a homer TV show, not a national reporting gig. Whatever happened with Robert Smith, M.D. -- still waiting for that to come to fruition (for those who do not remember he reminded everyone how much smarter he was then the rest of us while a Buckeye by telling us he was going to go to Medical School during the NFL offseason). So that did not quite happen UNLESS he is letting that medical degree go to waste.

Last edited:
He's a condescending alcoholic with a clear anti-Miami bias but on certain topics (like the concussion debate) he actually had coherent views. That alone is more than you can say for complete wastes of life like May and Matich. That said, that's not much of a standard so good riddance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't mind him at all. At least he was spoken and easy to listen to with well-though out views on things.

I can't stand listening to Joey Galloway. That guy just irritates the **** out of me and is so biased and arrogant it's sickening.

Robert Smith is so corny and boring I bet Will Smith is the greatest rapper ever. I rather listen to soccer commentary than listen to him. Won't boycott ESPN for him.

Advertisement
Robert Smith was a swell-headed *** who should be tied to the back of a tractor-trailer headed to Barrow, Alaska....or points beyond. Condescending, vitriolic towards Miami ,self-righteous...it goes on. If anyone really believes that he was unbiased and well rounded....then maybe you were listening to Radio Moscow with the TV sound muted while watching ESPiN.

Sehorn is the dumbest of the bunch. During the coaching search he kept insisting that miamis problem was that it only hired "miami guys" and that we needed to look outside at coaches with no connection to the program. Because you know al golden had deep extensive history with the canes when he was hired.

Advertisement
Back