Robert Smith out at espn

He's actually really good on there.... very objective. He was always pro Miami. Our fan base knows nothing.

Advertisement
he was fine. the worst one there is mark may. trevor mattich isn't much better. to keep them but now robert smith seems odd to me. smith wasn't great but he wasn't horrid or one sided either. he was unbiased just a bit boring.

mark may and trevor mattich are just bad and biased as all get out.

Add Lou Holtz into that mix (he's no longer at ESPN), as well as Heather Dinch who covers the ACC, and ESPN has become unbearable for Canes fans in terms of college football.

When has anyone at ESPN EVER been bearable for Canes fans? I hate every **** one of their talking heads the way Cons hate Rachel Maddow and liberals hate Bill O. I TRULY HOPE MARK MAY gets hit by a train but survives and has to be fed through a tube (while having dirty diapers) for the rest of his life!

Last edited:
Every time I see that piece of Gator chit Jesse Palmer, I want to punch him in the mouth. (Altough, truth be told, I'd like to punch ANY **** in the mouth.)

If you only see them/hear them on ESPN I completely agree with most of y'all on here... But a few years ago I met mark May at a horse track outside Phoenix... He was actually pretty cool in person... & we actually talked for a few minutes about college football/ the canes/ ESPN... & of course he's going to "talk up" Pitt a little bit & of course he has his little biased here & there... But he did give me this gem about all the shows on ESPN... Like any other tv show... They have writers... They have scripts... Not really word for word per say... But they are kinda told where to agree on some things & where they have to disagree... & given whatever "stats" to support whichever argument they are supposed to be on... So really guys the problem is more with ESPN & their agenda more than the ex players they hire to make "experts".... Ps mark May won big that day & bought this canes fan a beer & was pretty cool

Advertisement
He's actually really good on there.... very objective. He was always pro Miami. Our fan base knows nothing.

Agreed. The significant majority of his day to day opinions gave the Canes a benefit of a doubt if not an outright boost.

Smith was very good, able to summarize in a handful of words and some unique perspective. He wasn't animated or controversial enough for the network's current taste.

I have no idea how Robert Smith can be branded anti-Canes, other than the school he attended. Just another biased stereotype. It reminds me of golf forums where countless posters hate Johnny Miller because they are convinced he brags about his famous closing 63 at Oakmont multiple times on every telecast, even though Miller literally goes year after year while never mentioning that round on the air.

tweeted so much abuse at trevor matic, really hate that fat mormon, terrible analyst

Advertisement
The "monster" at ESPN was Paul effing Finebaum !!!! You remember him of course, the one that
said UM is a dumpster fire, that UM should quit football that no coach in their right mind
should want to go to UM. I just pray to the Gods that Miami ends up at least in the top
ten after 2016 year end.

Advertisement
he almost had a stroke after the miami-duke game, dude was livid at the outcome and demanded miami forfeit

then the very next week when nebraska beat michigan state in similar fashion he was singing their praises

f**k that hypocrite

If you only see them/hear them on ESPN I completely agree with most of y'all on here... But a few years ago I met mark May at a horse track outside Phoenix... He was actually pretty cool in person... & we actually talked for a few minutes about college football/ the canes/ ESPN... & of course he's going to "talk up" Pitt a little bit & of course he has his little biased here & there... But he did give me this gem about all the shows on ESPN... Like any other tv show... They have writers... They have scripts... Not really word for word per say... But they are kinda told where to agree on some things & where they have to disagree... & given whatever "stats" to support whichever argument they are supposed to be on... So really guys the problem is more with ESPN & their agenda more than the ex players they hire to make "experts".... Ps mark May won big that day & bought this canes fan a beer & was pretty cool

The rest of the country hates Miami, so of course ESPN is gonna play it up. I'm just glad they still hate us after the last decade+.

Advertisement
Back