Robert Burns & Navaughn Donaldson

Burns is visiting ND again and taking his mom with him,they seem to be all over him.

Wasn't Robert Burns the first player on campus almost as soon as Richt was hired taking pictures with him? He must like Richt or been excited. Thomas Brown has already coached Melvin Gordon and Nick Chubb. Baez and 3 of his former teammates are here, Miami is known for pumping RBs into the league, and so is Mark Richt. I honestly can't say I know of any good backs in the NFL from ND.

Would be really dumb on Burns part to flip to ND. If Richt wants him, he's coming.

ND is a great school, whether we like it or not. They also have a rich football history. How on earth would it be dumb for anyone to go to ND?
In no way is going to ND dumb. Going to FSU is dumb. Going to Alabama is dumb.
I think he sticks with Miami. But if we do get another RB in this class like many expect, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to see him flip.

Advertisement
Burns is visiting ND again and taking his mom with him,they seem to be all over him.

Wasn't Robert Burns the first player on campus almost as soon as Richt was hired taking pictures with him? He must like Richt or been excited. Thomas Brown has already coached Melvin Gordon and Nick Chubb. Baez and 3 of his former teammates are here, Miami is known for pumping RBs into the league, and so is Mark Richt. I honestly can't say I know of any good backs in the NFL from ND.

Would be really dumb on Burns part to flip to ND. If Richt wants him, he's coming.

ND is a great school, whether we like it or not. They also have a rich football history. How on earth would it be dumb for anyone to go to ND?
I think he sticks with Miami. But if we do get another RB in this class like many expect, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to see him flip.

Your logic is: it isn't dumb to go to ND because they have a rich football history, but it is dumb to go to FSU or Alabama? Those 2 are more rich in their history than ND. Alabama and FSU have also produced good RBs in the league.

Miami has a rich history, produces great RBs, so does Mark Richt, offers a good education, its at home, offers imho the best young RB coach in CFB, former coach at Gulliver is here, 3 former teammates are here, RB favorable scheme, etc etc etc.

Yes, it would be dumb for a Miami kid in Burns situation to jump ship for ND. Point blank. There's next to nothing that ND offers that Miami doesn't offer.

ND's "rich football history" is from 50 years ago!!! If we hadn't gotten robbed in '88 their last title was in the 70s!!!

Your logic is: it isn't dumb to go to ND because they have a rich football history, but it is dumb to go to FSU or Alabama? Those 2 are more rich in their history than ND. Alabama and FSU have also produced good RBs in the league.

Miami has a rich history, produces great RBs, so does Mark Richt, offers a good education, its at home, offers imho the best young RB coach in CFB, former coach at Gulliver is here, 3 former teammates are here, RB favorable scheme, etc etc etc.

Yes, it would be dumb for a Miami kid in Burns situation to jump ship for ND. Point blank. There's next to nothing that ND offers that Miami doesn't offer.

Way to leave out literally half what i said. ND also is just a great school academically...Definitely superior to Miami, other than maybe a degree in marine science. FSU and Bama are ****** schools. Stop acting like its crazy for someone to choose to go to school at ND. I guess it would also be stupid to go to Stanford because they haven't won any national championships in decades.

Last edited:

ND's "rich football history" is from 50 years ago!!! If we hadn't gotten robbed in '88 their last title was in the 70s!!!

No. Lets not forget they were in a national championship much more recently than us. The last time we were good was over a decade ago. They were in the championship like 5 yrs ago.

Its funny how so many people on this site act like a kid choosing ND, Stanford, USC, etc over us is stupid.

Now, I would choose Miami over ND, because I don't like them at all, but that doesn't mean im blind and cant see its one of the greatest schools in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back