Robert Burns misses 2nd practice in a row

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami freshman RB Robert Burns was not at his second practice in a row for an undisclosed reason.

On Thursday, media was told by UM officials that Burns was missing because he had class during that time frame. We saw Vinny Scavo, UM's head athletic trainer, taking Burns somewhere on a golf cart before practice, and Scavo said he was taking him to class. Then after practice, when UM OC and RB coach Thomas Brown was asked about Burns, he said he does not discuss injuries. It was a bit bizarre, but you can watch for yourself below.

[video=youtube_share;NwMUEIhov3g]https://youtu.be/NwMUEIhov3g[/video]

UPDATE: Burns is in a sling and I am hearing that he is dealing with a dislocated shoulder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They asked brown was burns hurt and he said he doesnt address injuries. He could be talking about injuries all together.

But any way, it must not be anything serious because brown said he would be fine.

Advertisement
We need to get Dye here. We are far too thin at the RB position...

2 in 2018 and 2 in 2019 should get us back to proper talent level and depth....

Advertisement
giphy.gif

2 scholarship running backs at the U...my God

Staff kinda gets a lil break on this one (just a lil).

Gus transferred.

Yearby left early.

On'y issue I have with them is, it was pretty clear that Burns was going to be an injury issue, so they should've taken another RB whether they thought McFarland was in the bag or not.

Advertisement
Knew that BS was coming-Dam good thing McFarland didn't commit-we would have 2 fked up RB's in this class that more than liukely never make an impact here. Get on to 2018 RB's-The Stallions

Advertisement
2 scholarship running backs at the U...my God

Staff kinda gets a lil break on this one (just a lil).

Gus transferred.

Yearby left early.

Sorry they get no pass from me. They could have done way better managing the RB position than they have.

I agree to an extent. It seems like they didn't really manage Yearby correctly last year or did make much of an effort to convince him to stay. In fact, I bet if they had gave him a lil more burn last year -- which he clearly deserved (no knock on Walton) -- they wouldn't have had to convince him.

Advertisement
Back